Forum Topic

Official PLDT Fibr thread (No piracy topics or hints)

• As some of the users have pointed out here, there are modem/ONU that can be configured to bridge without PLDT's intervention and the speed won't be capped. In my case, the ONU was configured bridge but my 'profile' in their system was still in route mode (confirmed with 171). This was only fixed after I opened a ticket for them to properly configure my account/profile to bridge.

I didn't notice this kasi I'm on plan 100 mbps, and when they upgraded the speed from 100 to 300 mbps, dun ko nalang napansin why my upload speed is already above 300, but my download speed is stuck.
  • oooohh, thanks @pjconoso
  • Hello, I'm planning to buy a UPS so I can plug it into my PLDT Modem, just wondering if the Internet Connection still going to work during brownout? just like DSL time? thank you.
  • @jimenezshown. yeah, gagana pa ang connection mo. i use the cyberpower ups UT1500E. it gives me roughly 6-8 hours of uptime.
  • I'm using one of these to power both the modem and a router, had a few brownouts a few months ago, and it did work well (no power-interruptions, even on my wired connection to my PC), I tested it once and it lasted 6hrs even with modem+router

although one problem is, I recommended this to my colleague in pampangga, and the problem was then there was a power-outage in their location (12hrs, announced), the modem goes LOS after around 2hrs of power failure (the modem is still on) so my guess is that the PLDT generator running on their location only last 2hrs
  • ^ forgot to mention that even their smart cellphone got no signal after the modem got LOS --- and the globe cellphone also got disconnected a few hours after. on normal power-interruptions, there will be internet, but once the backbone goes out, then there's nothing you can do
  • maganda to ginawa ng pldt smart house bill pag naipasa na para naman hindi na hirap sa intrernet at signal, usually kasi ginagawa na lang yung health issue pero pera pera lang talaga labanan para makapag lagay ng telco infra sa isang lugar

The bill mandates all housing projects, subdivisions, villages or other residential areas, including socialized housing projects to allocate 30% of the gross area for open space for the establishment of ICT infrastructure and related amenities.

<click here for link>
  • @giomangi @baratzki Now I know. Thank you very much for the response and suggestions. :)
  • @pjconoso
    Update, so nakausap na ako multiple agents, kagabi at today. The first one told me to call as umaga. The second one told me I need to have the initial ticket closed before requesting for bridge mode.

So how to proceed? Ang ginagawa lang ng field technician is they closing the ticket and opening it again without confirmation. It's been a week now. Parang pinaglalaruan lang account ko.

-- edited by frosT_ on Dec 05 2021, 11:37 PM
  • ask ko lang mga sir kung nag ddecgnat pa din ang 171 for residential plan? thanks
  • @proxifier

yes, bigay mo lang reason mo... need mo yan lalu na kung work from home ka...
  • @plutho

Para saan ba yang CGNAT? Nag WFH din naman ako pero di naman ako nakaka experience ng issues.
  • @proxifier

ano kaya magandang reason sir?
  • @rakistang_jeff

bro, kung wala issue sa you CGNAT, that's fine... but for my work and security reasons.. i need my own public dynamic public ip.
  • ^exactly, people that have a reason will either make PLDT configure it, or have a workaround.

if you just read it in the forum that CGNAT=bad, bridge=good, without any needs, then just let it be, it won't have any bad effect in general
  • re cgnat, in my parents house PLDT didn’t remove the CGNAT. they just mentioned that they can’t do it as the area is already migrated. tried a few times to no avail. i know i can’t really force them so i just dropped it.
  • @frosT_
    Update, so nakausap na ako multiple agents, kagabi at today. The first one told me to call as umaga. The second one told me I need to have the initial ticket closed before requesting for bridge mode.

So how to proceed? Ang ginagawa lang ng field technician is they closing the ticket and opening it again without confirmation. It's been a week now. Parang pinaglalaruan lang account ko.

I usually call 171 midnight or madaling araw. You have to be confident in what you are asking for, and explain to them your situation; you have a better 3rd party router better equipped than the ONU provided. Be professional and courteous, it really goes a long way.
  • @baratzki

baratzki Send Message View User Items on 06 Dec 21 @ 12:15 PM #

I'm using one of these to power both the modem and a router, had a few brownouts a few months ago, and it did work well (no power-interruptions, even on my wired connection to my PC), I tested it once and it lasted 6hrs even with modem+router

how much po yan? any link?

-- edited by DON2003 on Dec 06 2021, 05:34 AM
  • I found it in Lazada, around 1K+. Just search for MD2TS 8800mAh 3 In 1.

-- edited by pjconoso on Dec 06 2021, 06:23 AM
  • @all...

tried to bridge mode a neighbor (PLDT) [AN5506-04-FA modem]...
    unit still has access to telnet, but... sadly, did not push thru...
    can bridge the unit but it can't get IP address...

I may have been just lucky with my ONU or Account...
  • tried to bridge mode a neighbor (PLDT) [AN5506-04-FA modem]...

I may have been just lucky with my ONU or Account...

only lan 1 or 4 works i don't remember what exact port, maybe you plugged in the wrong port.
  • tried to bridge mode a neighbor (PLDT) [AN5506-04-FA modem]...

Eto yung ONU na need mo itawag sa PLDT di siya basta basta na bridge mode.

although one problem is, I recommended this to my colleague in pampangga, and the problem was then there was a power-outage in their location (12hrs, announced), the modem goes LOS after around 2hrs of power failure (the modem is still on) so my guess is that the PLDT generator running on their location only last 2hrs

pag fiber you dont need a power para sa line pag dsl need mo ng power sa main box ng dsl para gumana ang pldt dsl.

-- edited by xrampage on Dec 06 2021, 03:24 PM
  • anyone on Plan1899 auto changed to other plan?
    read somewhere the Plan1899 legacy plan was aligned with new plan but mine stills stays unli Fibr 1899,

since still has speed boost, will change the plan to save few bucks pag wala na speed boost after dec 2021,
  • I have an account 1899, it's still "Fibr Unli Plan 1899" based on the last bill (Nov).
    it's getting 300Mbps and on route-mode

the alignment is only on speed, you will still be on that plan, see pldt's website for more information (just a few clicks from the front page)

-- edited by baratzki on Dec 06 2021, 06:23 PM
  • @baratski lets see what happen after the speed boost ends, will definitely downgrade the plan to match the price of the speed I got,
  • I found it in Lazada, around 1K+. Just search for MD2TS 8800mAh 3 In 1.

Which model kaya best to get? checked my modem is 12v2.5A and mesh is 12v1A

is it better than getting multiple powerbank para can switch powerbank in case need extra power than 1,
    I think advantage niya is it can plugged in permanently as power source to supply modem and/or mesh parang siya UPS?
  • by: clampzy
    only lan 1 or 4 works i don't remember what exact port, maybe you plugged in the wrong port.

@clampzy
    I am specific on what 'port' i plug it in ^_^
    I only bind the connection only to port 1 and nothing else...
    by: xrampage
    Eto yung ONU na need mo itawag sa PLDT di siya basta basta na bridge mode.

@xrampage
    the unit has access to telnet, I can easily change 'almost any' setting(s) from there..., any changes I made (via telnet) are then reflected on the webpage (GUI).

so for example, yung "connection type" is always 'greyed out' pag access mo sa web settings (GUI)..., if you change the connection type in telnet, it will reflect yung changes..., so for me..., if I don't have access to telnet, can't change settings :(

this is my concern with a unit HG6245D (firmware version: RP2804) as I have no means to change "needed" settings (dahil hindi ma-enable ang telnet)..., ISP provided units are far too limited for so called "power user" like myself (self proclaimed ^_^ )

-- edited by ambad4u on Dec 06 2021, 07:42 PM
  • @plutho and @baratzki

Thank you sa inputs. Tagal ko na nakikita nga yang CGNAT dito sa forum pero di ko masyado pinapansin kasi so far wala naman ako issue sa net for both browsing and VPN (WFH).
  • Hi @Jimenezshown

Saang tab ba makita ang DNS relay sa Huawei HG8145V5? Naka admin access ako and na change ko na dns to Google pero may ping spikes pa din sa ML.
  • @xrampage
    the unit has access to telnet, I can easily change 'almost any' setting(s) from there..., any changes I made (via telnet) are then reflected on the webpage (GUI).

so for example, yung "connection type" is always 'greyed out' pag access mo sa web settings (GUI)..., if you change the connection type in telnet, it will reflect yung changes..., so for me..., if I don't have access to telnet, can't change settings :(

this is my concern with a unit HG6245D (firmware version: RP2804) as I have no means to change "needed" settings (dahil hindi ma-enable ang telnet)..., ISP provided units are far too limited for so called "power user" like myself (self proclaimed ^_^ )

Even though may access ka usually need pa din iconfigure sa end nila para may mag take effect ganyan din yung iba na nag try na mag bridge mode ayun may issues sila regarding speed nila. Ako din may access ako pero si PLDT na pinagawa ko para wala na issue. You can back read madami na nakaexperience na ganyan na may access pero pag may ginawa like the bridge mode di nila mamaximize yung speed nila.