Forum Topic

Official PLDT Fibr thread (No piracy topics or hints)

• @thevoid

Reach out to PLDT and ask when you will be migrated to fiber. I'd recommend asking for Plan 1299 50Mbps because brand new fiber facility may allow for 200Mbps throughput.
  • Ewan ko lang, kaya ko tinatanong baka kasi may iba nakakaranas nun. Although hindi naman madalas, pero annoying kasi parang nangyayari siya say every 2 days on the average
    there are a few affected by this, modem reboot every 2-3days (backread, maybe 2months ago)
  • @baratzki

Baka silent firmware update or settings update.
  • nope, it's every 2-3days IIRC (I was not affected, so not really sure)
  • looks like PLDT has started blocking the main movie torrent sites
    have to use a VPN just to get through

this is relevant consumer information
  • if you are using the PLDT DNS, they have not started, they've been doing it since I was subscribed (6years now), so most likely they've been doing it way further back

just don't use the PLDT DNS, the actual website is not blocked as long as you can resolve the DNS

-- edited by baratzki on Mar 16 2023, 06:26 PM
  • @thegodoflions

They're just reducing bandwidth overhead. The most legal way to do this is by blocking IP piracy.

Would not be surprised that nearly 80% of all data use is connected to illicit content.

If all ISPs were successful in blocking it they'd save a bundle.
  • "just don't use the PLDT DNS, the actual website is not blocked as long as you can resolve the DNS"

which DNS?
    also changing it through Windows 11 doesn't work so I'm assuming when you say change DNS you mean through the router
  • ^ you need vpn. not dns.
    there's browser extensions for PC and apps on android..
    yun apple ewan, di pa ko naka try.
  • Kapag na migrate na sa fiber facility, are they going to create a new profile and/or configuration/settings or yung dinadaanang "circuit" for your connection(besides the speed/bandwidth if ever you want a different plan)?
  • nung na migrate kami dati from dsl to fiber, nag linya lang ng bago papuntang poste. same speed at naretain yung landline number
  • Question lang po,

if i request to turn my pldt router on bridge mode, will i have the same speeds on 5ghz on my new router? Since i get around 250-300mbps on 5ghz but get only around 50mbps max on 2.4ghz, I'm thinking twice kasi pag nag connect ako direct sa pldt router using a Cat6 cable, I'm getting the 2.4ghz speeds

using plan 1299+speedboost, thanks
  • Post deleted #12442906
  • I cannot access rarbg and 1337x sites
  • @Clu18

Subscribe to VPN.
  • I cannot access rarbg and 1337x sites

same here. tried changing dns and wala pa rin. so may ginagalaw na naman si PLDT.

tried using Globe LTE sa phone and also not accessible. hmm..

accessible kapag nag vpn ako.

-- edited by frequenzy on Mar 17 2023, 03:49 AM
  • ^

temporary workaround ung opera browser (built in "vpn"). Pati ibang image/file hosting sites minsan may oras na nadadamay din ng PLDT kahit DNS method di gumagana.
  • weird lang kasi kahit Globe ayaw din, without using vpn.
  • Just a friendly advice, you may be better off using private torrent trackers. Public torrent trackers are meh.

• same here. tried changing dns and wala pa rin. so may ginagalaw na naman si PLDT.

tried using Globe LTE sa phone and also not accessible. hmm..

accessible kapag nag vpn ako.

Sa akin din. Blocked both kay PLDT at globe yung mga websites na yun.

Ang weird thing is parang mas mabilis mag load ng websites in general ngayon pag naka VPN vs. pag wala. Baka may config issues yung mga ISP or something.
  • okety naman rarbg at 1337 sa akin
  • Okay narin saken
  • looks like a hiccup on the rarbg mirroring, saw this before it was stable, and we are being redirected to US servers, most likely not a PLDT issue (and some reports it also happen to globe), this is just how arrrr-matey website are.
  • anyone here has trouble accessing rentry co or rentry org? I cant event access it since last week. I miss reading stable diffusion guides.
  • ^the site is working on my end
  • Post deleted #12442960
  • ^ thanks, just visited rentry today. it's working now for PLDT. Last week I can't access the site while I was using PLDT but when I switched to a DITO (thru USB Tether), i can seamlessly access rentry.
  • ok na ulit torrent sites. makakadownload na ng linux isos sa wakas. hehehe....
  • Bagal ng PLDT sa steam downloads.

600mbps speedtest (pero syempre only to pldt servers hehe) pero tops out at less than 150mbps.

Yung converge on the other hand exceeds the speed rating

-- edited by mdamda on Mar 17 2023, 10:58 PM
  • @mdamda

> 600mbps speedtest (pero syempre only to pldt servers hehe) pero tops out at less than 150mbps.

If 600Mbps is file transfer within PLDT network then OK lang but is the 150Mbps you are talking about the actual Mbps of the plan you paid for?