Forum Topic

Official PLDT Fibr thread (No piracy topics or hints)

• Grabe usage ko lol. Average 15-20GB a day. Nung di-metro pa connection ko e mga 5GB or less lang.

Mostly video streaming from Netflix ang usage.
  • Good morning mga ka fiber!

guys question , nakita ko kasi price nung asus rt-ac87u ( lazada 12,900 po ata ) may mas cheaper pa po ba dito na pwede ko gamitin ? pang home use lang po. Thanks and more power
  • ^dumayo ka na lang sa gilmore mas mura doon at mas marami kang option.

you probably dont need the latest router to match your internet plan. to be honest if you have that higher budget going with a low end asus rt-n18u and then a dedicated AP like Ubiquity AP AC PRO will get you there. power consumption wise, almost the same lang compare to ac87u knowing how beefy that router is (19v 2.3amps = 40ish watts).
  • get Mikrotik Hap AC same chip with rt-ac87u but cheaper
  • Blu3martini,
    Thanks sa info again.
    I still have my old Linksys ac1900. Guess I might be bridging this as I need to connect my sec cam, tv, ampli, and magicjack.
    I have separate repeaters to boost the signal up to the 4th floor. I am using TPLink RE 450.
  • Blu3martini,
    Thanks sa info again.
    I still have my old Linksys ac1900. Guess I might be bridging this as I need to connect my sec cam, tv, ampli, and magicjack.
    I have separate repeaters to boost the signal up to the 4th floor. I am using TPLink RE 450.

Okay na yun pare naka linksys AC1900 ka naman pala.
    Spare the few watts and clutter for better performance.

I was about to suggest double nat+dmz but yes I don't think magicjack VOIP will play nicely with that.

-- edited by Blu3martini on Jun 18 2017, 01:08 PM
  • good day,

pwede bang gamitin tong mga router na to para sa pldt fibr? onu then connect to the following router that ung new router and mag brobroadcast ng wifi

Tenda AC6 Smart AC1200 4x5db WiFi Router
    http://www.lazada.com.ph/tenda-ac6-smart-ac1200-4x5db-wifi-router-17952081.html

Xiaomi Mi Wifi Router 3
    http://www.lazada.com.ph/xiaomi-mi-wifi-router-3-18981376.html?spm=a2o4l.brand-7287.0.0.Exa3Zg&ff=1&sc=MXcc&rb=7287

for additional security sa mga gagamit ng wifi.

thanks sa inputs
  • Yes any wifi router would work including those.
  • @bluemartini

dito ba papasok yung nababasa ko sa thread na "i-bribridge" yung onu?

base on your opinion, would you consider na maiiprove nito ang wifi security? or would you suggest to get a much pricier router
  • sir ilan ba ping nyo plan 1899? sakin kasi steady sya sa 34 my way po ba pra mapa baba yung ping ko?

Why do you need it lower?as long na less than 100ms yan at hindi taas baba/flactuating (e.g. 34ms jump to 100ms) playable na mga games jan (FPS,MOBA).
  • is it me ok walang kwenta yung router function ng modem ng pldt?
    hindi nagkikita yung mga wired connections ko eh.
    kelangan ko ba talagang ibridge nalang ito at gumamit ng ibang router?
    may nakagawa na ba nito at nakakabit sa 2nd router yung cctv?
    thanks..
    btw im using AN5506-04-F yung may apat na antenna na puti.

-- edited by Civic_Racer on Jun 18 2017, 04:18 PM
  • @bluemartini

dito ba papasok yung nababasa ko sa thread na "i-bribridge" yung onu?

base on your opinion, would you consider na maiiprove nito ang wifi security? or would you suggest to get a much pricier router

Yes. Dyan papasok yun.
    The problem is ang hirap mag pa bridge ng onu sa pldt. Those are just fine a pricier one wont improve your wifi security but improve wifi performance.

I dont know if this applies to onus but remember how people had an exploit to connect to pldt modems via wifi kahit makailang palit na ng password?
    Simply adding your own wifi router would help since those exploits wont apply to it.

I guess eto siguro yung sinasabing ransom for onu password which prompted pldt to block onu access a page back.
  • may nakabili na ba dito na 3rd party fiber modem router? hindi galing pldt?
  • @bluemartini.

Thanks alot man.

time to back read and learn how to bridge this puppies
  • @bluemartini.

Thanks alot man.

time to back read and learn how to bridge this puppies
  • may nakabili na ba dito na 3rd party fiber modem router? hindi galing pldt?

one person has claimed to do so, maybe earlier this year in this thread

-- edited by AmalgamvsAloof on Jun 19 2017, 01:02 AM
  • si polka was able to make a tplink fibr modem to work on pldt fibr

-- edited by romulo on Jun 19 2017, 06:14 AM
  • While I was able to make a TPlink ONU to work on PLDT, I dont recommend doint it since its very technical (specially getting the ONU's serial number, so make sure you always have the box where it came from it may help you in the future just in case) to setup. Hindi kasi ito katulad ng DSL na setup mo lang yung PVC setting at connection type good to go ka na. Here you need to find out your:

- ONU's serial number
    - You'r SIP credentials (kung wala to mawawalan ka ng landline)
    - optional if you want a separate router: A VLAN capable router

Once you have those you need a ONU that is capable to edit "ONU's serial number" which was tplink is capable of under PON Registration setting page I think, cant remember.

Once you have your ONU registered to PLDT, you need to set up this

- Setup the VLANs, there are 3 vlans, one for VoIP/SIP, Internet and IPTV. Most people dont use IPTV so you can ignore that VLAN, madalas 2 lang yung VLAN na nagagamit which is SIP and Internet.

* In my case I use Pfsense, I installed PBX package for SIP and setup 2 VLAN on under Interface page, named both Internet and SIP. Setup the Asterisx (the SIP client/server) to act as a relay so I can register multiple SIP phones as well as able to make calls over internet. Assign one of the VLAN as my WAN interface for internet access, set to DHCP and whoala, you have a WAN IP with internet access.

tl;dr, its not for noobs actually, so youre on your own if you plan to do that.
  • nako wala pa palang 3rd party na fibr modem na noob friendly

baka in the future mag karoon
  • Guys,

Sa Huawei Website Maraming choices ng ONU. Pwede Data, VOIP & IPTV

<click here for link>

-- edited by MagikMark on Jun 19 2017, 07:31 AM
  • ^afaik, huawei doesnt have a editable ONU serial number, so No.

to be honest, mas maganda sana kung editable din yung serial number ng GPON stick sa mikrotik. unfrotunately hindi sya editable which is dumb (what the hell, many customers requested for this but they didnt bother doing it and instead they suggest to call the ISP to register that stick instead and thats no way that will be happening at least on residential plans).
  • nako wala pa palang 3rd party na fibr modem na noob friendly

baka in the future mag karoon

Malayong future pa yata yan hehe.
    Unless maging common place ang aftermarket onu sa consumers and pldt helps us from their end.

@polka

How did you get the sip credentials again sir?
    The onu serial would be the equivalent of a cable docsis' mac address in determining the subscriber right?

So serial edit is the equivalent of mac spoofing sa router like in smart bro days.

Like in early huawei onus, bridging doesn't revert the profile to default speed?
  • @polka
    thanks sa pagreply..
    napagaga ako sa dami ng gagalawin..
    iniisip ko kung sulit yung pagpalit. kaya ko naman. issue ko lang naman dun sa modem ng pldt eh yung ports niya hindi kasi nagkikita yung wired connections sa wireless. or kahit both wired connection.
    may nakapagkalikot na ba nung onu? naka enable na mga lan/wifi bindings.. kelangan ko pa naman dahil may mga wired connections ako. may nas and cctv kasi..
    or just use another router? dagdag nga lang sa saksakan and device.
    btw whats the model of the tplink you are using? thanks again

-- edited by Civic_Racer on Jun 19 2017, 09:32 AM
  • @Polka
    eto ba yung sayo?

N300 Wireless VoIP GPON Router
    TX-VG1530
  • New Fiber user -
    Masinag, Antipolo, Rizal <click here for link>

-- edited by glenn2k3 on Jun 19 2017, 10:22 AM
  • would it be possible to use the existing pldt dsl modem (with wireless router) to connect to onu in bridge mode? if yes, is there an advantage in doing so? once upgraded to fibr hindi na rin kasi magagamit anyway.

-- edited by law_handyman on Jun 19 2017, 11:19 AM
  • @law_handyman
    pwede ata yung ganyan as bridgemode yung dsl modem. parang magiging access point nalang.
    pero yung routing function niya malabo.

-- edited by Civic_Racer on Jun 19 2017, 11:27 AM
  • would it be possible to use the existing pldt dsl modem (with wireless router) to connect to onu in bridge mode? if yes, is there an advantage in doing so? once upgraded to fibr hindi na rin kasi magagamit anyway.

-- edited by law_handyman on Jun 19 2017, 11:19 AM

No you can use it as a wired AP but not as a router.

So ONU(Routing mode)+ Wifi ADSL Router(AP mode same IP subnet).

Any advantage? If you have the black PLDT Fibr ONU known for being crap with wifi then yes advantage siya.
  • thanks Blu3martini for the feedback. if that's what I'll do, is there a need to change any settings in the onu? given my limited networking knowledge, my guess is none necessary as all configuration required will be for the AP device only. just need to get IP parameters from the ONU to properly configure.
  • None.
    Just set the Wifi ADSL Router to something like 192.168.1.2 and disable DHCP server.