Forum Topic

Gaming Mouse Personal Reviews

• @poygit
    Pacomment na lang at like. Haha
    Magpapalit ako this weekend ng side switches ng G102. Uploading the video soon.
  • Post deleted #12315486
  • @yohan

for room of improvements if you do not mind, use suction pump, and for soldering put the soldering pin on pcb contact and switch connector then feed the lead and let if flow, pag naform mo prang mayon volcano, thats great soldering skills hehe, suggestion lang naman

-- edited by CrkDice on Jul 24 2020, 02:07 AM
  • BCFreeman Send Message View User Items on 23 Jul 20 @ 07:33 PM - User is online #

Anyone having a problem with G304 sa CS:GO since the 2020.07.13 update? Nag sstutter siya pag nag mouse look. Sa ibang online FPS games no problem. Wala problema pag Zowie FK2 wired mouse ginamit ko.

Coincidence lang pala. Apparently medyo malayo na pala yung wireless USB dongle ng G304 since I placed my CPU unit on another table, so I used the included USB extension cable. Problem solved.
  • Just replaced my Roccat Kone XTD with Corsair Dark Core SE RGB. It's nice that I can switch to bluetooth and wireless since I'm using it for two PC. Battery last for about two days with RGB before needs to be recharged. Don't have yet the Qi Charging from Corsair kaya have to plug it in to charge it. but Qi charging certainly works,
  • Ask lang. kung sakaling mag double-click na ang Logitech G102, anong switches ang magandang ipalit? Huano or Omron? Pwede bang palitan yung ng switch ng G102 ng switch na may 50-million clicks lifespan?
  • @#=bryanjacla7790

Ask lang. kung sakaling mag double-click na ang Logitech G102, anong switches ang magandang ipalit? Huano or Omron? Pwede bang palitan yung ng switch ng G102 ng switch na may 50-million clicks lifespan?

I prefer Huano switch.

• @YohanSeals
    Pano kaya kung eto sir? Kailh GM Switch, mas better kaya to sa dalawang brand?

-- edited by mariadelosangel on Jul 25 2020, 12:28 PM
  • @YohanSeals

Huano Blue (Blue Shell with Blue Switch) na 50-million clicks lifespan?

-- edited by bryanjacla7790 on Jul 25 2020, 02:37 PM
  • For those using Razer Viper Ultimate.. can someone confirm if you can still use the mouse(mainly adjusting sensitivity) without the Synapse app installed in your PC? Does Viper have a built-in memory where you can save your settings like in Logitech G304?

-- edited by firekeeper on Jul 27 2020, 07:55 PM
  • mariadelosangel

Ako yan ang kinabit ko sa G304, 1 year na and still ok pa din compared sa default switch where it took 4 months for it to display double clicking issue
  • For those using Razer Viper Ultimate.. can someone confirm if you can still use the mouse(mainly adjusting sensitivity) without the Synapse app installed in your PC? Does Viper have a built-in memory where you can save your settings like in Logitech G304?

yes without Synapse can still use. it's not like G304.. it's more than Logitech once you got your hands with Viper.
  • ^Thanks man! I had a Razer mouse before and I'm impressed how durable it is however I don't like Synapse since it causes a lot of problems with my system(BSOD, assigned macros not working). Not sure if this is still a problem today.

-- edited by firekeeper on Jul 28 2020, 03:15 PM
  • For those with double click issue

It's good that you're taking the effort to upload tutorial videos, however I really need to give some criticism regarding the soldering technique. Frankly there are a lot of soldering mistakes, maybe because you're new to it (well, the soldering iron is brand new), but it might give people wrong ideas on how to go about it. I highly suggest that those who haven't done any soldering before should watch Youtube tutorials first because there are a lot that are immensely helpful. Also, I said this many times before but it would be good to practice on broken electronics first, especially if you're working on an expensive mouse.

I'm not an electronics professional but I've been an electronics hobbyist for around two decades now. My comments/criticisms:

1. A new soldering iron will require that the tip be tinned prior to use.

2. Never do "one-handed" soldering. Soldering always requires two hands! The circuit board should be held in place by a clamp, or if you don't have a clamp even taping it down or putting a weight will do. It's hard to do proper soldering if the PCB is moving around.

3. I noticed that you were struggling a lot with removing the switch, then cut the video and showed the nearly finished product. You can't remove the switches by just touching the solder joints intermittently with the iron. For desoldering you need a desoldering pump ("solder sucker") or a desoldering braid/wick.

If you don't have a pump or braid (not recommended!) you should just carefully destroy the switch (it's defective anyway) with a pair of diagonal pliers so that each of the three pins is free from each other. Melt the solder joint and push out each pin OR mount the PCB sideways and pull them out with long nose pliers if you can grip them from the other side.

It's possible to "inch out" the switch by successively melting each joint and prying the switch a little but that takes a bit of time and effort and risks damaging the PCB. You can only pry out so much because the other soldered pins hold the switch in place.

For those with a low wattage iron (30W or less) having a hard time melting the solder, the trick is to use a little amount of solder and melt it on the joint. Seems counterintuitive, but the solder will increase contact surface area of the soldering iron tip and melt the solder faster.

4. Never put solder before mounting the switch! In through-hole soldering, components are always mounted first, then solder is applied. If the component falls off when you turn the PCB over, use some Blu Tack, tape or chock ("kalso/kalang") beneath the switch to prevent it from falling out.

To solder the joints, the tip of the soldering iron is applied against the stem and the PCB solder pad, then the solder is allowed to FLOW INTO the hole and pin. A perfect solder joint looks like a volcano with concave sides and a shiny surface:

If it's convex (like a blob) then there's too much solder. If the solder doesn't stick then the surfaces aren't clean. You'll need to clean them using isopropyl alcohol and possibly use additional flux if the one in the solder isn't enough (this assumes you're using a solder with a flux core). Inspect the joint and make sure it isn't a cold joint and that there isn't insufficient wetting:

Here are examples of good and bad solder joints:

Here's a link to a great website showing many images of soldering problems and a short discussion about them: <click here for link>

There are a bunch of wrong solder application methods, a common one is melting some on the soldering iron tip and applying it to the joint. Don't do this because it will boil off the flux which helps clean the joint and allows the solder to flow.

-- edited by Peorth on Jul 29 2020, 04:11 AM
  • @Peorth

Wow thanks alot for pointing those out. I really appreciate those constructive criticism. I'm actually ordering a clamp and desoldering kit online to continue practicing my soldering. Yes, it was actually my first time to solder on a mouse but I remember doing something with soldering in my high school days. And as you pointed out, know one taught me of the correct way and I even jump on soldering it. It might be really good if I look for tutorials on proper soldering. Again, thanks alot for the feedback.
  • Ayun desoldering pump pala kelangan ko. Nahirapan ako tanggalin nung nagpapalit ako haha.

Ang naaalala ko lang na turo sakin years ago dapat mukhang Kisses yung solder.
  • I'm actually ordering a clamp and desoldering kit online to continue practicing my soldering.

Here's one of the clamps I have, it was sent to me by my brother from Australia:

The nice thing about it is that the clamp comes with removable rubber attachments to the clamping mechanism itself so you can mount delicate stuff like PCBs without crushing them. It also has a ball joint that allows you to rotate and flip the piece itself. If the PCB is small enough, the rubber can be removed and the board held in place by the grooves in the clamp.

Another good thing to have if you're gonna embark on more electronics projects that requires soldering are "helping hands." These are several alligator clips attached to adjustable mounts, generally used for soldering individual components or small circuit boards:

I don't have one myself, but I have an improvised alligator clip mounted on the tube of a flexible LED light, like this one:

Since I have a couple of these given as freebies, I'm gonna make a DIY helping hands soon using alligator clips and these tubes. For the base I'll be pouring molten lead into a can to form a circular base and will stick these flexible tubes in, encasing them once the lead solidifies. I got the lead from the washers used in our roof when it was re-roofed a long time ago, and it can be melted using just the LPG stove.

-- edited by Peorth on Jul 29 2020, 08:52 PM
  • any recommended alternative to rakk kaptan? cheaper if possible. sarap kase ng clicking ng rakk kaptan kaso out of stock na.

-- edited by robotik on Aug 04 2020, 05:15 AM
  • mga paps since halos DIY na halos andito at di na review i created a topic specifically for mouse DIY. hope let's continually help each other sa forum para di na tayo OT dito.

Gaming mouse DIY (double click, switch swap, harness and etc)
    <click here for link>
  • guys meron ba kayong alam san makabili nung rubber cover ng mga screw sa ilalim ng mouse nasira kasi nung pinalitan ko yung switch ng mouse ko.

hyperx pulsefire yung mouse ko san kaya pede makabili?
  • paps zorelokayds_69 mas ok dito tayo pra di natatabunan mga reviews natin ng magagandang mouse natin. thanks paps.
    <click here for link>
  • wala ba razer viper mini owner dito? especially those who own G102 as well. Just wanted to know if may noticeable difference ba in terms of size? Im so used to G102's size and grip, im just worried baka mag adjust na naman ako the way i use the mouse
  • ^Wala masyado difference. Medyo nanibago ako galing Rakk Kaptan pero sa G102 almost same lang.

• nice. Went ahead and ordered from china. :)

Thank you
  • G304 users, sanayan lang ba yung lift-off distance niya?
  • ^ no problem sa lift-off distance ng G304 wireless ko, mababa siya, 1 cd or less
  • @Ignus

meron din pala LOD issue si viper mini. Have you noticed it sa unit mo? baka maging issue sakin kasi I mostly play fps games like csgo
  • ^ no problem sa lift-off distance ng G304 wireless ko, mababa siya, 1 cd or less
    Dalawa G304 ko dito, pareho naman 1CD, nasanay ako sa G703 ko dito na 1CD hindi na gumagana. Balik nalang ako sa G703, mas okay rin shape sakin nun, gustu ko lang G304 kasi mahaba batt life at magaan.
  • Post deleted #12320715
  • @lucky023
    Hindi na ako naglalaro ng FPS & 1400 DPI yung gamit ko sa gaming kaya wala akong mabibigay na feedback sa LOD.

May settings sa Synapse na liftoff range pero hindi ko na ginalaw yun.