Forum Topic

Make CDRKING\'s LP-8186 as Wireless repeater compatible on all router brands.

• Another round of CDRKING's Routers, this one had in my cabinet maybe 4 years ago and used it for about 3 years on BayanDSL. Bought it for 700pesos if my memory deserves right.

But now this routers is useless for me when I got my another 3.75G router since I migrated to other ISP.

Now I think, maybe I should use this piece of junk as a repeater to extend my WiFi signal all way to balcony, where our WiFi signal is weak.

Now here's the real thing, how to make CDRKING's re-branded Loopcoom LP-8186 B/G router into a working wireless repeater mode.

Note: WDS function on this router doesnt have repeating capabilities, so yes, it's a pure WDS router. There are 2 differerent WDS and this is WDS and WDS with repeater, this one only working in plain WDS that only connect another set of wireless AP to each another no repeating capabilities.

**Assuming the router is connected into your computer wired and turned on and in ready state.

1. First go access the WebUI >> default is 192.168.1.254
    2. Go to operation mode and choose Wireless ISP from the selection.
    ****This makes the Router to reset, wait for a moment.
    3. Now Go to Basic Settings (under Wireless tab)
    4. Now you will see the following and set it accordingly, see below:
    Mode: Client
    Check the Box: Enable Universal Repeater Mode (Acting as AP and client simultaneouly)
    SSID of Extended Interface: <name it what you want>

5. Go to security. now here, we need to input what kind of Wireless Security that your main AP is using too, this case by case situation, so yes, please use your laptop and check what kind of security setting that your main AP is using. Here's mine:

* Image is for reference use only.
    Now in my case here's I input:

After that you set the security settings, Click Apply Changes. Wait for a moment as the router may restart.
    6. Go to Site Survey, this will scan all the available WiFi AccessPoint in your area, click refresh to view all available AP, now it should enlist all available AP, just choose the AP that you want to connect to, There will be a radio button of each selection on right most just click that radio button and click connect. It should be able to reply with Connect Successfully, if not review step 5.

Now that you have your WiFi repeater setup and ready to use, now how to make your device/s connect to that repeater, simple, just connect to the unique AP that you entered as Extended SSID on Step 2. Then wait, what's the password? then just enter the password you used in your main AP, it should work.

Whoala, working repeater, I can say that it works 99.99% of the routers without worrying about the WDS compatibilities between different brands

Some noticeable changes:

* Your IP range in your main AP to your extended AP is different, thus making 2 networks separated. like this

Main AP: 192.168.0.XXX
    Repeater AP: 192.168.1.XXX

* The repeater takes some time to boot, probably 1mintes and 30second (if my memory deserves right, it should be as fast as 20second to boot if used it normally as a router). before you can use it.

• I was looking for a guide like this! Thanks alot!

Nung una ayaw gumana.. I kinda messed with my LP-8186 few months ago kaya siguro hindi gumana so I tried to reset the router to default settings then followed your step-by-step guide again. walastik!
  • Thanks!
  • Help po pag nakaconnect yun two router ko via ethernet cable may internet connection ako pero pag wirelessly connected naman yun router, wala akong internet pag nagconnect. Pano ko maayos yun setting pag wireless connection? Thanks