Forum Topic

The Movies Thread (Ratings, Reviews and Recommendations. Spoilers not allowed.)

• Saw it last night and it was the very definition of a fun movie for me. I'm actually very surprised at how not bad it was. Eto yung klase ng treatment that I was expecting from the Ninja Turtles movies. Halos lahat ng mga kasabay ko ay nasa same age bracket as me and most definitely grew up watching these shows. Here are some key points:

- Yes it's cheesy but not cringe-y. They definitely understood what made the show fun and just rolled with it. They got what the Power Rangers is all about.

- Good main characters with good team chemistry. Each of the five is given a strong backstory. You'll actually care about each of the Rangers.

- Perfect nostalgia fan service. Keep an eye out for cameos from two MM Rangers. Big cheers from my showing!

- The original theme song was played and most of us went bonkers :D

- There's a mid-credits scene that sets up the sequel.

Bottom line is, if you enjoyed the Power Rangers as a kid, you will definitely enjoy this movie.

I rate it a 7/10.

I agree. Pero nakulangan ako sa fight scene with Rita. Gusto ko rin yung re-design sa Zords, parang Michael Bay's Transformers.

May mid-credits scene pala. Sayang umalis kami agad.
  • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers 2017

6/10 binago kasi yung costume

sulit pa rin panoorin

dapat hindi binago ng saban yung costume

-- edited by Espiya01 on Mar 26 2017, 12:55 AM
  • SPLIT
    6/10

Ok naman sana. Nacornyhan lang ako sa huli.... Biglang napatanong kami, "huh?! Ano yun????" And kahit thriller siya, di ako natakot man lang or natensed. Minsan si Prof X pa rin nakikita ko haha. Though ok naman acting nya. Natatak na lang siguro sakin masyado na siya si Prof X :D
  • Ridiculous 6
    7.5/10

Ito naman, i know may pagkamababaw, pero may mga scenes na natatawa kami. Ambabaw lang haha! Plus, i must admit, i love Adam Sandler movies. :D
  • Power Rangers

I expressed before my distaste toward movies that dwell with the character/s origin because buildup takes so much of the movie's running time. Power Rangers' character buildup (though necessary especially for new viewers), felt like a slow burn. It was tiresome to watch. It felt like 3/4 of the film was allotted to character development and the remaining 1/4 was reserved for the action which most of us fans were dying to see.

Well to be fair, the writers came up with a pretty solid narrative. I like the dark tone of the movie. Scenes weren't cheesy or cringe-y. Action scenes were quite decent as well. My only problem was the lengthy origin of Power Rangers. I believe 1 hour into the movie, all 5 characters were still struggling with their roles. It was exciting at first but it became tedious to watch towards the end.

2.5/5

-- edited by deadmanwade on Mar 26 2017, 01:16 AM
  • Ridiculous 6
    7.5/10

Ito naman, i know may pagkamababaw, pero may mga scenes na natatawa kami. Ambabaw lang haha! Plus, i must admit, i love Adam Sandler movies. :D

Natawa ako sa film na ito. Mababaw pero yung humor, panalong-panalo. Gusto ko yung origin ng baseball kung paano nabuo ang rules. LOL
  • Superman pa din naman leader ng JL.

i doubt

speaking of Justice league mukhang para demons kalaban nila ode to apokalips papakita ba mga origin nila vic , barry at arthur?
  • Post deleted #11899591
  • yung background music ng JL, naalala ko tuloy ang Suicide Squad
    sana hindi magaya sa market :(
  • GITS 1995

9/10

gusto ko makita kung paano masiraan ng parte ng katawan si scarlett johansson

-- edited by Espiya01 on Mar 26 2017, 02:38 AM
  • about justice league
    kumpleto na ba sila? or marami pa dadagdag?
    si green lantern lang kasi naiiisip ko na wala..

kung pagbabasehan sa trailer eh ang ganda
    may bagong sasakyan si batman?
  • ^actually yung sa animated series na JL walang cyborg kasi part sya ng Teen Titans

ito talaga ang main Batman, Aquaman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Superman, and Wonder Woman

kulang pa ng dalawa si martian manhunter at green lantern baka may scene pa after credit sa JL

tapos nadagdagan pa ng ibang superheroes

-- edited by Espiya01 on Mar 26 2017, 01:37 PM
  • ang dami pala..hindi ko kilala yung iba pero parang counter part ng avengers oh!!
    may parang antman
    taong ibon
    archer
    at babaeng naka itim
  • ^^
    Nadagdag na JL core member si Cyborg sa New 52 lineup and Rebirth.

• john wick 2 9/10
    magkakaroon ng equalizer 2. padamihan sila ng body count.
    passengers 8/10

kong. 9/10
    mas ok na film kaysa godzilla. unless turuan nila mag operate ng 100 ft na gatling gun wala syang panama vs godzilla
  • may parang antman
    taong ibon
    archer
    at babaeng naka itim

Atom
    Hawkman /or Hawkgirl
    Green Arrow
    Black canary

Mga 2nd tier members ng JL
  • Superman is clearly stronger than Batman =)

• Tinanggal na ata c martian manhunter sa bagong JL. C green lantern na lng ang kulang nla, cya ang ika 7.
  • beauty and the beast- 9/10

Nakakatouch yung movie.. hehe
  • Btw di ko rin pala nagustuhan yung zords. Walang appeal for me. Yung black zord lang ang iniba ano?
  • ^ Yeah, the zords were fugly. They should've gone with the Pacific Rim look. Zack's zord doesn't look like a Mastodon, sobra pa ng paa.
  • beauty and the beast or ghost in the shell?

manunuod kami ni gf eh . . . himala!
  • Kung with gf, obvious choice is beauty and the beast.
  • para sakin, kahit gaano pa kalakas si superman, batman pa din ako :)

possible GL > Idris Elba or Common?

the mechanic 2 - 7/10

-- edited by terenz00023 on Mar 26 2017, 09:35 PM
  • Life - 6.5/10 for me. I love sci-fi pero medyo so so lang siya.
  • IT by Stephen King

Sobrang ganda ng movie na ito. Mainly pam-family(PG) ok na oks. horror din at very effective pero empowering.

Actually mini series ito pero kaya tapusin ng 3 hours.

Ngayon gumagawa sila ng remake. Mahirap lagpasan ang orihinal dahil sa opinion ko perfect ito.

-- edited by DjDom on Mar 26 2017, 11:57 PM
  • Bahubali..

pinanood ko kasi curious dun sa war eh,

rate ko na lang
    6/10 lol
  • Gantz: O

Suprisingly good! This coming from a guy who barely has an idea of the Gantz mythos. I saw the first film years ago and I only got the gist but since it was only half of the planned duology, I wasn't able to appreciate it well. In this cgi action film, I remain unaware of the mythos. If you are like me, the entire movie will prolly alienate (no pun intended) you since the story took place in the middle of the franchise (correct me if I'm wrong ha). But I was able to appreciate this movie with gusto. Prolly because the director wanted to provoke viewers' emotions by providing engaging and gripping scenes. Pigil hininga talaga especially in the middle up to the last. Since I was so pleased with the film's outcome, I am gonna revisit the franchise by watching all available media.

Post script: The last Japanese CGI action film that made a lasting impression to me was Final Fantasy Advent Children. I believe Gantz: O just matched everything that film offered. Maganda eh!

5/5
  • The Love Affair 4/10

sobrang predictable kagabi ko lang napanood tawa nalang ng tawa sakin asawa ko. tapos ang lamya na umarte ni goma.
  • Tinanggal na ata c martian manhunter sa bagong JL. C green lantern na lng ang kulang nla, cya ang ika 7.

orig is Hal Jordan yung Pilot ( also a powerful Lantern Bearer)

kung pagbabasehan sa trailer eh ang ganda
    may bagong sasakyan si batman?

he's rich remember

Post script: The last Japanese CGI action film that made a lasting impression to me was Final Fantasy Advent Children. I believe Gantz: O just matched everything that film offered. Maganda eh!

5/5

maganda yan I've finished the manga before i've watched the films sayang lang di pinakita yung mga xxx scenes