Forum Topic

Globe@Home GFiber Broadband Thread

• @Alpha_One

> The vast majority will be perfectly well served with the entry-level 1299 50Mbps offering.

Weeks before Converge's IPO https://www.speedtest.net/ used to show how much faster your connection was vs other wired broadband subs.

Over 99% were using Plan 1699 & lower.

They stopped this I think upon request of ISPs and it is valuable marketing information.

I read PLDT's financial statements and their ARPU for wired broadband was between 1299-1499/mo

Converge's cheapest plan is 1500/mo.

Globe's cheapest plan is 899/mo for 25Mbps 300GB/mo

For a preview of how it can progress, Thailand's AIS Fiber unlimited 500Mbps plan is equivalent to P920/mo

https://www.ais.th/fibre/en/package_power4special.html

Nearly 100% of all subs would be served with 50Mbps back in 2019 as it cost 3000/mo.

For consumer use case the highest data use would be 4K streaming & downloading 50-100GB files from video consoles etc.

> Another thing I find interesting is that the 3499/month plan is now 800 Mbps, which is actually comparable to the Google Fiber offering in the US which is $70/month for 1 Gbps. But Globe's 1 Gbps costs WAY more at 7499! I suppose there are very few residential customers who are actually on Gigabit, but there's always that super-rich super-geek who has to have the absolute bestest best at any cost.

The 4000/mo bump is to cover the cost of additional hardware to be able to sustain actual 1Gbps. As it is 3499/mo covers up to 800Mbps then bonus 20% speedboost to 960Mbps.

For less than 4000/mo you can get another 800Mbps connection from Converge.

https://www.convergeict.com/fiberx/

Threaten PLDT you will switch if they do not price & feature match at 3499/mo 800Mbps + 20% speedboost. Same with Converge but with the 20% speedboost part.

Install a dual WAN gateway/router and you have an 1.6.-2Gbps connection for

- load balancing
    - failover

-- edited by filipinX on Jun 22 2022, 07:09 PM
  • @filipinX

The 4000/mo bump is to cover the cost of additional hardware to be able to sustain actual 1Gbps. As it is 3499/mo covers up to 800Mbps then bonus 20% speedboost to 960Mbps.

Interesting. 960Mbps is already maxing out 1GbE if you include the protocol overhead. Is Globe providing hardware with 2.5 GbE and tri-band/dual 5 Ghz Wifi with the 1 Gigabit connections?

For less than 4000/mo you can get another 800Mbps connection from Converge.

My thoughts exactly. I doubt anyone whose regular usage finds 800 Mbps lacking will be satisfied with 1 Gbps. With two ISPs may redundancy ka pa.
  • @Alpha_One

> Interesting. 960Mbps is already maxing out 1GbE if you include the protocol overhead. Is Globe providing hardware with 2.5 GbE and tri-band/dual 5 Ghz Wifi with the 1 Gigabit connections?

If you back read a lot of Plan 3499 800Mbps users are reporting the ~20% speed bump.

In all honesty I just want to stick to my previous Mbps and take the savings every renewal.

Law of diminishing marginal utility just sets in.

For example, 3 bites of chocnut are better than 2 bites, but the 20th bite does not add much to the experience beyond the 19th (and could even make it worse).

-- edited by filipinX on Jun 22 2022, 07:28 PM
  • try nyo ibenchmark yung HG8145V5 nyo kapag naka 350mbps na kayo
    ewan ko kung nasira lang yung modem

nag try ako mag download ng file and ang speed is 40mbps. ang nangyayari nawawalan ng internet yung ibang naka connect sa modem. wire or wireless. nagpunta yung tech ng globe dito sa bahay di na kaya ng modem yung usage. ayun ang diagnosis namin kaya papalitan nila ng modem.

-- edited by tongerks on Jun 22 2022, 08:05 PM
  • @all

Sino dito ang naka plan 4999 hanggang ngayon?

The last I saw it was @polka but somehow switched theirs to 3499 earlier this year. Am wondering if they would downgrade you to 3499 or match to certain speeds/plan that we're not seeing.
  • Finally was able to have realignment. Plan 2699.

Wired on my Desktop:

Wifi 6 on my Phone:

-- edited by Odellot on Jun 23 2022, 12:12 AM
  • @Odellot

Kailan kayo nag request for realignment?
  • Sino dito may problema sa Steam app nila sa windows? I mean, every time I start Steam, if will say na offline daw, this has been going on for like a month already. Ewan ko if globe yung issue or not. Pero Gumagana lang yung steam if didiretso ko i launch yung games mismo, pero if mag view sa steam store, offline sya. Maka ilang try pa ako to go online para lang maka online at maka browse sa store. Did a google search about the issue and hit or miss sya. Anybody has experience this?
  • update sa issue ko. kahit pinalitan na ng modem when downloading 40mbps speed nawawalang ng net yung ibang lan post sa modem ni globe. anyone experiencing this?
  • @bagi092

Kailan kayo nag request for realignment?

Kahapon lang ako nagrequest.
  • mukhang ok 1699 for 150mbps. may bayad ba downgrade lols parang sobra sobra 300mbps pag pina re align ko sa current plan
  • Question po, ang current plan ko po is Plan 1899 100Mbps with landline only no Unli globe to globe since out of contract na ako, kapag po ba nagpa downgrade ako to Plan 1599 mawawala yung landline na kasama nung plan ko? kasi diba po as per website nila

For Plans 2099 and below:
    Landline is not included and cannot be purchased as an add-on.
  • @abyador

> kapag po ba nagpa downgrade ako to Plan 1599 mawawala yung landline na kasama nung plan ko? kasi diba po as per website nila

Probably. Costs is going up so they need to cut down on some features.

At under Plan 2099 subs may be willing to sacrifice landline for more Mbps.
  • Hmmm... does anyone know where to escalate if Globe is not providing the newer speeds?

I'm on plan 3499 but the newer speeds did not apply. I did call them and the customer rep told me it was due to "a lack of slots" which doesn't sound convincing at all. Basically, if I wanted the new speed, I'd have to wait for slots to open in my area, and keep paying the same bill until then (lmao).

@dmist24 you'd probably want to check your DNS config first, sounds like steam is flaky on your DNS provider
  • try mo ulit tom, same experience, no slot according sa cs, pero after 2-5 days calling/messenger/twitter,
    approved na

-- edited by MacreM on Jun 24 2022, 12:44 AM
  • @lollerskater

I am using either cloudflare dns or googledns, pero still the same result. Also did the usual, release, renew and flushdns pero same parin. It only happened like end of May. So far yung mga friends ko na naka globe wala naman issue daw. Any good DNS to use?

-- edited by dmist24 on Jun 24 2022, 12:50 AM
  • @MarceM thanks, just difficult that you'd need to go through hoops instead of just getting the upgrade

@dmis24 the same problem used to happen to me until it disappeared, but that was also around the time I deployed AdGuard on the home network for cached DNS responses. for alternate dns you can try Quad9 and see if it solves the problem. other than that you can try and see if the problem disappears when using a VPN (which would confirm bad peering)
  • @lollerskater

tried quad9 dns, still the same issue. Tried using mobile hotspot via my smart cellphone data and it connects flawlessly while my globe its a hit or miss, usually what I do is go offline first and try to go online via the dialog box menu. Works after several tries
  • I'm on plan 3499 but the newer speeds did not apply. I did call them and the customer rep told me it was due to "a lack of slots" which doesn't sound convincing at all.

might as well just downgrade your plan to 2099 and get it cheaper. its 100mbps slower but its cheaper and they cant give you that stupid excuse.

-- edited by polka on Jun 24 2022, 04:57 PM
  • Any good DNS to use?

gamit ko neustar/verisign DNS ok yung routing nya w/ added security 156.154.70.2 / 156.154.71.2
  • Anyone knows why kung bakit wala internet yung SSID2,SSID3,SSID4 sa globe fibr router?
  • @purrin

Check mo po sa modem mo under Advanced Configuation > WAN Configuration > highlight 1_TR069_INTERNET_R_VID_990

Then under BINDING OPTION sa ibaba, naka-check dapat lahat yung SSID2 to SSID4. Kung wala, check mo.

• Thank you nahanap ko na
  • Talked with Globe via Messenger. Here’s their response:

We really do apologize for the late
    response. We're sorry to inform you
    that we cannot proceed with your
    request due to reason that your
    preferred plan is not visible here in
    our system at the moment. We
    highly suggest going to the nearest
    Globe store in your area for further
    resolution in your request. We are
    hoping for your kind consideration
    regarding this matter.

My plan is currently 2899 @350Mbps. Talked with an agent nung Thursday and maaadjust daw ito sa 650Mbps. Ang weird, hindi sila same ng nakikita sa system?
  • ^ tawag ka na lang sa hotline para mapa bilis process, magkakaiba kasi ng tools gamit ng mga yan
  • sa mga New GFiber Plans ni Globe na nka avail
    Cgnat pa rin b?
  • Anybody knows here if globe plan 150mbps can avail static ip?
  • @cassiopea
    CGNAT lahat ng residential connection ni Globe unless mag-avail ka ng Static IP.
  • Hi, just want to ask regarding IPV6, my modem says it already has it. paano isetup ito? need ba mag bridgemode? Thank you.
  • anong number po ang pwedeng tawagan para maka kausap ng agent?
    tumatawag ako sa 0277301000 at 0277301888, pero kahit anong option ang piliin ko sa IVR eh walang option to talk to an agent.

Help po pls. salamat!