Forum Topic

Car 101: Tips and FAQ Thread

• Got it sir. Pwede mo ask yung bank pero from my previous loan with BPI, yung mga first monthly amortizations were all for the interest alone. Eto yung computed na add on interest based from your loan terms which is already fix. So kahit mag advance ka ng payments, let\'s say worth 12 months ang advance mo, lahat yan sa interest pa lang. Kahit mapaaga yung loan maturity through advance payments, you will still end up paying for the same amount of interest that was indicated when you signed your contract.

Dun sa link, it is a housing loan so I can\'t comment kung parehas ba sa car loan ang stipulations dyan.
  • post deleted

-- edited by rexjallo on Jan 09 2015, 04:30 AM
  • tanong ko lang mga sir
    pag mag change color ako kelangan pa ba na ipa change color din sa lto?
    what is mean is sa rehistro kelangan ba na i update pa?
  • ano ba dapat mauna sir change color muna or update muna?
  • @throwbackthursday

yes kaylangan po iupdate sa LTO and need din ng papers sa krame parang clearance. IIRC, abutin ka around 5k sa papers. not sure which should come first but I think permit muna
  • Una po dapat ang Affidavit of change color at PNP-TMG MV Clearance Certificate. Kasama kasi mga ito sa requirements sa LTO registration.
  • Requirements
    Original Certificate of Registration (CR)
    Original Official Receipt (OR) or payment of latest MVUC and other fees
    Affidavit of change color
    PNP-TMG MV Clearance Certificate
    Duly accomplished and Approved Motor Vehicle Inspection Report (MVIR)
    Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN)

Procedure
    1. Proceed to the transaction counters and submit all the required documents to the Evaluator for evaluation and computation of fees.
    2. Actual inspection of motor vehicles with duly accomplished MVIR. (This form is available for download here. You can accomplish this form prior to transacting your business at the LTO.)
    3. Proceed to the Cashier when your name is called for the necessary fees and obtain an Official Receipt (OR).
    4. Proceed to the Releasing Counter when your name is called to obtain the Certificate of Registration (CR), plates, stickers, and other requested documents.

Venue
    Any Online District / Extension Office
    Fees
    <click here for link>
  • Anong gamit nyong tire pressure gauge? Accurate naman ba?
    stetho gauge. accurate naman kasi pareho nya ng pressure yung bagong gas station pump. pero pag tumatagal daw nawawala calibration nung mga gas stations.
  • effective po ba yung nilalagay na side mirror frame for anti theft? black po sya na frame na nakapalibot sa side mirror dinikit using epoxy. nagpalagay po kasi ako ng ganun.
  • ^not really, mas effective ang glass etching ng plate # sa mirror.
  • hi guys.
    may i ask kung ano ang pwedeng pang tanggal nang deep scratches sa headlight...
  • ^If it is plastic headlight, you can use rubbing compound. If the scratch is still there, try wet sanding next. There are also Headlight Restoration Kits that can be purchased from Meguiar\'s, Mothers, 3M, Turtle Wax, etc.

Once the scratches are gone, apply some plastic polish and then protectant or sealant.
  • @dm1179

sir san po may gumagawa nun? hassle kasi. wala pang two months old auto ko nanakawan agad ako side mirror hehehe.
  • effective po ba yung nilalagay na side mirror frame for anti theft? black po sya na frame na nakapalibot sa side mirror dinikit using epoxy. nagpalagay po kasi ako ng ganun.

napanood ko sa tv, ang mga magnanakaw, binabali na mismo ang buong headlight assembly.. di na nanunungkit. pati yang protector mo, nanakawin na rin nila.

gamit ko yung digital tire gauge ng CDRKINg.. yung worth P350.
  • : )

-- edited by PadreFlorentino on Jan 22 2015, 01:22 PM
  • sir san po may gumagawa nun? hassle kasi. wala pang two months old auto ko nanakawan agad ako side mirror hehehe.

maybe some shop in Banawe or Evangelista can do it. i saw an ad in OLX.. search for \"Side Mirror Marking or Etching\"..

-- edited by dm1179 on Jan 22 2015, 01:53 PM
  • Si BigBerts meron ding glass etching. Php 150 per panel
  • gamit ko yung digital tire gauge ng CDRKINg.. yung worth P350.

Is it accurate/precise?

• dm1179 Send Message View User Items on January 21, 2015 09:08 PM - User is Online
    ^If it is plastic headlight, you can use rubbing compound. If the scratch is still there, try wet sanding next. There are also Headlight Restoration Kits that can be purchased from Meguiar\'s, Mothers, 3M, Turtle Wax, etc.

Once the scratches are gone, apply some plastic polish and then protectant or sealant.

thanks sir dm1179. will try this weekend.

========================

naalala ko yung nasakyan kong taxi. may etching yung side mirror nya nang plate number. pag tingin ko dun naka paskil na plate number sa loob nang taxi, magkaiba ang plate number nya.

so, tinitira parin talaga nang magnanakaw maski may plate etching ka sa side mirror.

-- edited by chronicle on Jan 22 2015, 05:58 PM
  • so, tinitira parin talaga nang magnanakaw maski may plate etching ka sa side mirror.

yuuup. tibay talaga ng mga taxing ganyan. minsan pinapa-etch uli nila to cover-up resulting to a rectangular shaped etch. pero hangga\'t may bumibili, di sila mapipigilan ng ganyang etch-etch lang.

or worse, pupukpukin na lang ng bato at basagin mismo yung mirror. madamay pa pati yung mechanism. doble gastos pa.

kung di kita mapapakinabangan, pwes walang makikinabang sa yo! eto ka - - - blaaaag! craaaashhhh!

• Is brake flushing really necessary?

Braking systems aren\'t indestructible. Parts, like the rubber in the valves in the master cylinder, calipers and wheel cylinders deteriorate. All the nasty little bits that flake off end up in your brake fluid. Plus, the fluid itself can get old and worn out. Moisture can also get in the system. That leads to rust, which leads to more nasty bits in your brake fluid. All this adds up to a brake system with compromised effectiveness and decreased stopping power.

A good rule of thumb is to have your brakes flushed about every 30,000 miles (48,280 kilometers) or so. Note that brake flushing and bleeding the brakes are two different procedures. Brake flushing involves removing all the brake fluid from the system and getting all-new, clean fluid inside. Brake bleeding just means removing enough brake fluid to get air bubbles out of the brake lines. So, make sure you get your brakes flushed regularly.

Note: Always check vehicle owner\'s manual for the correct type of brake fluid to use.

-- edited by dm1179 on Jan 23 2015, 02:57 PM
  • I saw someone who made a welded cage from steel bars that fits around his side view mirrors, and may padlock
  • daming kolokoy talaga sa NCR. saken eh nasasagi lang ng mga BBW yung side mirror ko kahit nakatupi. ok na saken yun. hahaha
  • *pulot sa tsikot

Okay so I went to LTO NCR at G. Araneta earlier to try my luck in getting my car plates. I see that they were already releasing car plates, but unfortunately I was not able to get mine since they were asking for an authorization letter from my dealer, and an authorization letter from my company to whom the car was leased to by the bank (wtf!). I asked if a fixed number plate was assigned to my vehicle since no plate number was printed in the OR/CR that I got, and they said no. They will just issue whatever plate they have on hand to my vehicle, and they said they have many plates available.

as usual walang sistema sa releasing. kaya pala nagtataka ako sa nakuha kong OR/CR, walang assigned plate# kahit registered na. ganun pala talaga na random dampot ng dampot lang pala ng plaka. dun mo pa lang malalaman kung ano babagsak na plate# mo. and then it hit me...\"pre baka pwede naman makapili ng magandang plaka dyan?\" ca$$$$hing! hahahahaa alam na gagawin nung mga may \"padrino\" sa loob para makakuha ng favorable \"lucky\" plate number.

aba\'y ano pa hinihintay? ipalakad na yan!
  • May sistema naman sir di mo lang gusto. Imo, ganun naman talaga ang dapat na sistema di pwede pumili ang owner ng plate number nya. Although pwede ka mag request sa dealer mo ng ending number base sa kung anong araw ang gusto mo sa coding may additional fee lang.
  • Got a 2010 Vios with 20k ODO reading, alaga naman change oil.

Mag 5 y/o na siya, ano suggestions niyo ipagawa ko? DIY na lang kasi ako sa change oil, top up ng radiator fluid...
  • @ronkx, magkano kuha mo?
  • Saan po ba ok mag pa bless ng sasakyan malapit sa QC and magkano po ba usually bayad sa ganun? if sa baclaran pwede rin kaya doon?