Forum Topic

long range adsl2/wireless N modem router

• looking for a long range adsl2 wireless N modem router. powerful enough to cover our 1200sq.m. compound with two houses. i was previously using a linksys wag200g, it was only wireless G, but the range was good enough. when it died, i upgraded to a tplink adsl2/wireless N modem router, but sadly, nowhere near the range of the wag200g. so i bought a linksys x2000, hoping that it will have enough range, but again another fail, nowhere near the range of the wag200g.

any suggestions?
  • any suggestions?
  • multiplle routers connected via lan on wireless repeater mode
  • ^thanks, yes i can always do that. but i\'m looking for a single unit adsl2/wireless N modem router. my previous linksys wag200g did cover our compound adequately.

thats why i\'m wondering, why all the newer, wireless N modem routers i\'ve tried can\'t even cover half the area adequately? while my previous modem router did pretty well with regards to range.

please recommend your tried and tested long range adsl2 modem router.
  • aint gonna happen, high power wireless router will mess ADSL\'s SNR and Attenuation. So they keep things in ADSL with wifi as minimal as it can.
  • ^ thanks for the info. buti nalang di pa ulit ako bumili ng ibang brand.
  • anong model sir nung tplink na nabili mo? yun ba yung 2 antenna?

try reading netgear\'s adsl modem/router

naghahanap din kasi ako pero wala pa akong nakikita

-- edited by seymorebutts on Oct 31 2014, 09:13 PM
  • ^ tplink w8961nd, yes ito yung 2 antenna. any particular netgear model sir?

also have a Prolink H5001N. currently using linksys x2000.
    the x2000 and w8961nd signal covers around the same area.
    i was expecting these two to perform better coverage wise, but it did not even come close to the old linksys wag200g.

-- edited by supergrover on Oct 31 2014, 09:44 PM
  • ito sir

<click here for link>

iniisip ko kasi pag may antenna mas malakas signal(?)

-- edited by seymorebutts on Oct 31 2014, 09:58 PM
  • adsl modem/routers are quite hard to find locally... usually tplink lang ang nakikita ko sa mga local computer shops.

fortunately i found some good used ones:

D-Link DSL-2740B N300
    D-Link DSL-2750B N300 with USB Port
    Netgear DGN2200 N300 with USB Port

and now currently using a D-Link DSL-2870B Dual-band N750 with USB Port but the Netgear do have a better coverage.
  • ^ even without antenna sir?
  • yung netgear ko have to 2 external antennas pero mas kelangan ko yung dual-band kaya i upgraded...
  • Pa OT mga sirs

Anong klaseng wifi router ang gamit sa sm malls?

Thans in advance
  • ^Ubiquity AP, probably 1000mw variants.
  • @ polka

Thanks sir just inquire for unifi outdoor 2 kaya lng medyo pricey
  • @ polka

Do you know anyone who use this kind of set up? Wala kasing demo dun sa nagbebenta sa olx