Forum Topic

TPC Life Insurance Forum --- Discussions on VULs & Traditional Products

• Hello TPC. Do you have questions about Life Insurance products... Questions about Life Insurance companies and their policy proposals... Need help on making a claim on your life insurance policy...

Post it here in the thread and lets help each other be more aware about the benefits and details of having LIFE INSURANCE protection for ourselves and our families..

Have you see or heard many horror stories of families and friends who suffered due to an expected and unfortunate event in life? Getting in a serious accident? Having a major illness? Untimely death? All these have severe impact on their loved ones... No one can prevent these things from happening...

BUT EVERYONE CAN CONTROL THEIR IMPACT TO THEIR LIVES AND THEIR FAMILIES...

Lets help everyone be aware and know more about the benefits of LIFE INSURANCE!!!
  • Hello po okay ba ang cocolife life insurance?anu po ba ang best or mas recommended if ever kumuha ng life insurance?nakaka irita kasi yun iba sa mall na sinusugod ka at sasabihin na mananalo ka ng ganitong price or my makukuha ka ng items just to get an insurance to them hehe all you need lang is credit card or atm.
  • Post deleted #11402577
  • Post deleted #11402580
  • up. planning to open an investment sa philam life. any reactions po sa philam?
  • popoi...may i ask why you are investing at philam life? what made you choose that company?
  • Seems theres little interest about this topic. :)
  • anybody knows about the best term insurance deal ?
  • you got pm
  • Got mine from Philam - Term insurance (pure life)..
  • me I got insurance from sunlife but only a term insurance.. Im not a fan of VUL. I think its better to get term insurance then invest in stocks or mutual fund.
  • Okay din po ba yun offer nilang insurance sa credit card?like mine is from Manulife?life insurance with coverage protection sa cc daw hehe
  • me I got insurance from sunlife but only a term insurance.. Im not a fan of VUL. I think its better to get term insurance then invest in stocks or mutual fund.

Yes i think that\'s fine sa mga nag-iinvest na. Term insurance is advisable just like discussed in this article <click here for link>
  • i just realized i needed an inusurance in preparation for my future. there are lots of insurance companies and types but i hope experts here can give advise as to which is better and affordable as i am still a single minimum wage earner.
  • Up sa thread
    Planning to get an insurance pero wala po gaana idea ano kukunin. Sa sunlife po ako kukuha sana if ever. Ano ba mga dapat ko iconsider para makapili ng tamang insurance para sakin.
  • up natin ito!
  • sun , manulife, axa, philam which is best?
  • I'm from PRULIFE UK and i carry VUL.

Advice lang for those who are thinking of getting insurance / VULs or even planning to go mutual funds or other investment vehicles dapat you should have established first the suggested steps below:

1. Have a steady source of income - Make sure you are capable of paying or finishing what you have started. Without a STEADY source of income wala na tayong dapat pag usapan pa. :)

As financial consultant / agent, i screen my clients, hindi ako yung tipong benta ng benta sa kahit kaninong tao. If that person defaults / discontinues his plan affected kami bigtime, why? We are also being measured within the company, the ratings we get will determine if we will qualify for agent promos and bonuses.

2. Minimize debts - Mas makakatulog ka sa gabi pramis.

3. Have an emergency fund - Around 3-6 months worth of monthly living expenses that you should only touch during emergency. Emergency being hospitalization, biglang nawalan ng trabaho or anything na medyo life and death ang pinag-uusapan. Sorry hindi emergency ang gadget sale or midnight sale sa mall.

Why this before insurance / investment? Example, what if you suddenly need to resign and hindi ka agad maka hanap ng work? Wala kang pang gastos, pambayad sa INSURANCE and pang pondo sa investment mo....ugly scenario.

4. Get a life insurance policy / VUL - Why this before investment? Because investment needs TIME to grow, and it does not cover you for the UNEXPECTED (death / disability).

5. Investment / Stocks - No need to explain.
  • Nice inputs...

Jabongga Send Message View User Items on 12 Dec 15 @ 10:12 AM #

I'm from PRULIFE UK and i carry VUL.

Advice lang for those who are thinking of getting insurance / VULs or even planning to go mutual funds or other investment vehicles dapat you should have established first the suggested steps below:

1. Have a steady source of income - Make sure you are capable of paying or finishing what you have started. Without a STEADY source of income wala na tayong dapat pag usapan pa. :)

As financial consultant / agent, i screen my clients, hindi ako yung tipong benta ng benta sa kahit kaninong tao. If that person defaults / discontinues his plan affected kami bigtime, why? We are also being measured within the company, the ratings we get will determine if we will qualify for agent promos and bonuses.

2. Minimize debts - Mas makakatulog ka sa gabi pramis.

3. Have an emergency fund - Around 3-6 months worth of monthly living expenses that you should only touch during emergency. Emergency being hospitalization, biglang nawalan ng trabaho or anything na medyo life and death ang pinag-uusapan. Sorry hindi emergency ang gadget sale or midnight sale sa mall.

Why this before insurance / investment? Example, what if you suddenly need to resign and hindi ka agad maka hanap ng work? Wala kang pang gastos, pambayad sa INSURANCE and pang pondo sa investment mo....ugly scenario.

4. Get a life insurance policy / VUL - Why this before investment? Because investment needs TIME to grow, and it does not cover you for the UNEXPECTED (death / disability).

5. Investment / Stocks - No need to explain.
  • Pa-advise po kung ano magandang life insurance with accident and critical illness. Thanks!
  • Active pa ba tong topic? May question kasi ko sa VUL policy ko sa sunlife. Annual premium ko is 40k. Kaka start ko lang pero nun nagcheck ako online bakit ganun yun half e sa transfer charges napunta then yun half e sa net amount? Normal po ba yun pag starting palang? Then yun fund value as of issue date eh 18k lang. Pa explain naman po medyo di ko kasi gets if normal yun. Thanks in advance
  • ^

This should be explained by your agent.

Pero to cut the long story short, usually for VUL in the first 3 years (depends on company and the product) majority of what you pay will be used to "setup" your insurance, only a portion will actually be used for "investment". After those setup years then majority of your funds will shift towards accumulation of units for your saving part.
  • so ano ba talagang pinaka ok na insurance. halos lahat na lang ng insurance company pag sinearch mo sa google may scam claim. ang hirap na mag commit.

parang gusto ko na lang mag rely sa sss. di ba sapat un?

-- edited by Alpha_13 on Mar 18 2017, 08:51 AM
  • so ano ba talagang pinaka ok na insurance. halos lahat na lang ng insurance company pag sinearch mo sa google may scam claim. ang hirap na mag commit.

parang gusto ko na lang mag rely sa sss. di ba sapat un?

-- edited by Alpha_13 on Mar 18 2017, 08:51 AM

I'm also a Licensed Financial Adviser. Para sakin, it doesn't matter kung saang insurance company ka mag-invest. As long as it's one of the top insurance companies, I think you will be safe. Para sa akin, it's not really about the best company but rather you need to find one of the best advisers. Yung mga sinasabi nilang mga scam at mahirap mag-claim, yan yung mga nagagawa ng mga k*p*l na mga agents(mind you agents na gusto ko tawag sa kanila, not financial advisers, because they're just after their commissions) na kahit na sabihin ng client nila na may medical history sila, sasabihin nila wala at physically fit yung client nila.

Kaya dapat kikilalanin mo yung magiging Financial Adviser mo. May mga kaibigan ako sa iba't ibang mga Insurance companies. Sa mga matitinong financial advisers, this is not a competition and commission but to create awareness.

Lahat naman ng investment instruments may mga Pros and Cons. Hindi kami nakikipagcompete sa ibang way of investing. VUL is one of the options. Good thing based sa experience ko, marami-rami na ang mga kababayan natin na open sa iba't ibang investment. :)
  • Nice...
  • safe po ba yun mga insurance na inooffer ng credit card company, like rcbc bankcard( malayan)?
  • Uninsurable na raw ako dahil sa history ng sakit ko. So wala na ba talaga kong options?
  • hi guys,

i know this is an old thread pero are you able to suggest a good insurance plan where it can cater OFW, and it's not too expensive and good/better coverage (if there is one)?
  • sunlife philam prulife
  • Magkano accident/death insurance niyo? 3x 6,000 sa cocolife... 1M lang makukuha