Forum Topic

Intel Core i3 / Core i5 / Core i7 Thread (Skylake - 100 series chipset - LGA 1151)

• Intel Pentium G4560 (3.5GHz, 3MB Cache, LGA1151)
    LGA 1151, 2, 3.50 GHz, 14nm, 3 MB, 54W

<click here for link>

-- edited by danzfocuz on Feb 06 2017, 07:24 AM

-- edited by danzfocuz on Feb 06 2017, 07:25 AM
  • Hello guyz, ang procie ko ay G4400 pero and ram ko ay DDR3 1.5V. Sabi ng mga tinanungan ko sa mga tech shop, okay lng daw 1.5v, pero sa mga tinanungan ko everywhere, di daw ok. Kung sakaling di siya ok, ano ba worse case scenario?
  • guys pde bang windows 7 sa kabylake? hndi ba magkaka error or bugs? salamat :)
  • ^ sinubukan ko mag install on B250 mobo, ayaw sa windows 7. Hindi na supported ang win7 sa kabylake. Meron nakapag install, pero unstable.
  • @bibebang
    guys pde bang windows 7 sa kabylake?

I think pwede naman as long as meron drivers for Windows 7 yung motherboard and gagamit ka ng Windows 7 compatible driver sa iGPU ng Kabylake. Pero I admit na wala akong first hand experience installing Windows 7 on Kabylake, hanggang Skylake lang.

Si Anandtech tested Kaby Lake i7-7700 <click here for link> and i5-7600k <click here for link> on Windows 7 x64 SP1. Wala naman sila na mention na incompatibility or instability issues with Windows 7 x64 SP1.

I would recommend you go straight to Windows 10 kung ayaw mo ng hassle and troubleshooting sa install. Also may performance benefit naman ang Windows 10 sa Kabylake dahil sa speed shift and pwede ka narin gumamit ng DirecX12 sa games.

Pero kung gusto mo subukan mag install ng Windows 7 sa Kabylake for experience and as a learning exercise, madaming tips sa Windows Seven Forums:

Windows 7: Bootable USB for i7 kaby lake
    <click here for link>
  • Free giveaway Z270 Gigabyte board <click here for link>
  • Still thinking of my upgrade this month... meron akong i5-4690k + 8GB of RAM 1600mhz.. planning to go for i7-7700k + 16GB of RAM 3000mhz.. minsan kasi sa ibang games.. like the Division nasa 100% yung usage ng CPU and sa ibang games yung 8GB ko nasasagad ng 7-7.5GB usage... my Monitor is X34 and GTX 1080 GPU..

im not looking for a great increase of FPS.. gusto ko lang sana is smoothness all through out the Game with higher minimum FPS.. i go ko na ba yung upgrade? if yung suggestion is going to 4790k+16GB of 1600mhz.. hirap na maghanap ng Processor and 2nd hand na RAM :(

nasa 40-45k kasi yung budget ko kaso balak ko rin sana mag ugprade ng chair to DXracer..

maganda rin bang Option yung i7-7700 + B250/H270 + 16GB or RAM? my cooler is X62

sorry noob question.. what is the Difference for B250 and H270? balak ko kasing RAM is Trident Z RGB.. so sana yung board is RGB if meron

-- edited by immortalkings on Mar 13 2017, 09:54 AM
  • the i7700k + 16gb of ram is a good choice, but it would be better if ram speed would be 3200mhz, also check first if your mobo is capable of running the 7700k because it might need a bios update for it to do so, the kraken x62 handles the i7700k overclock at 4.8ghz very well stable at 75-78 max temp during load

-- edited by adonis_gm on Mar 13 2017, 09:57 AM
  • Buy ryzen 7 1800x, its much cheaper!!! Although its not very well optimized for 1080p, 2k and 4k will perform simillarly if not better than the 7700k :))))
  • Buy ryzen 7 1800x, its much cheaper!!! Although its not very well optimized for 1080p, 2k and 4k will perform simillarly if not better than the 7700k :))))

The 1800X is 28k while the 7700K is only 17.5K. I advise against gambling on paying more for something that might or might not work better in the future if gaming is the main purpose of the upgrade. Right now, the Ryzen 8-core CPUs are no better than Intel Core i5's so that would be more of a side-grade than an upgrade which makes it difficult to recommend Ryzen right now for gaming.

Even if we are talking about the similarly priced Ryzen 1700, I would also not rely on artificially bottle-necking the GPU at higher resolutions because all it does is hide the weaknesses of the inferior CPU and soon as GPU performance increases with newer generations or multi-GPU configs, even 4K will eventually not be GPU bottle-necked in the long term and those same weaknesses of the lower performing CPU for gaming will inevitably come out anyway (assuming the any game optimizations aren't enough or don't come at all). Bear in mind that GPUs are upgraded more often than CPUs. Also, did you ever notice that with the 4K benchmarks, the Ryzen 1800X also about just as fast as the FX8350 its supposed to replace? Actually at 1440p which is still close to the X34's native resolution, the 7700K still holds the advantage.

-- edited by MrBungle on Mar 13 2017, 12:28 PM
  • ^ I agree with this. If you need an upgrade now, buy the cpu which is "ripe". If you want to try ryzen, wait for it to get better before buying.
  • If multiGPU is concern, the higher HDET performs better in my experience..I have higher minimum FPS using my 6950x than 7700K on our Family PC when I tested on my 1080 SLI..

I sold the 7700K to try Ryzen...Even if I know that 7700K is better at the moment, I still want to support AMD..
  • If multiGPU is concern, the higher HDET performs better in my experience..I have higher minimum FPS using my 6950x than 7700K on our Family PC when I tested on my 1080 SLI..

Could you try testing multi-GPU on your Ryzen to find out if its better of worse than the 7700K?
  • @MrBungle

Unfortunately..B350 lang ang board ng Ryzen ko e...Crossfire lang ang pde..
  • Unfortunately..B350 lang ang board ng Ryzen ko e...Crossfire lang ang pde..

Ah okay. Sayang. Mukang wala pa palang X370 boards.

Anyway, maganda naman talaga yung Ryzen for everything except gaming and Intel needs competition which is always good for the consumer.

But also as a consumer, it's just that I don't want to spend my hard earned money on a product that I know is inferior for my purposes so I naturally gravitate towards the best my money can buy regardless of the brand.
  • @MrBungle

I agree..Hindi ko pa rin pedeng irecommend ang Ryzen sa mga kakilala ko..Medyo buggy pa ang BIOS niya and Hindi pa supported ng mga software ang Ryzen..Pati nga temps hindi kaya idisplay ng per core e...CPU temp is display as one sa HWinfo..
  • But also as a consumer, it's just that I don't want to spend my hard earned money on a product that I know is inferior for my purposes so I naturally gravitate towards the best my money can buy regardless of the brand.

yup true! kaya nga ako stick to 7700k kasi i'm purely on gaming in my desktop and i do not do multicore activities on it. i do my work on my laptop pero basic illustrator rendering lang naman.
  • I meant 1700 not 1800x srry guys :) :p
  • Hi guys, tanong ko lang if anybody here uses 6700k and what their idle temp is?
    Just built mine using Asrock Z170M-ITX/ac and Cyrorig C1. I'm idling at 60C sa BIOS ng Asrock. I find it high.
  • @kendricsee

My rig uses a i7-6700K overclocked to 4.5 GHz, stable with Vcore of 1.270V in BIOS, though the final voltage reported is 1.264V. Mobo is an Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha. Cooler is a Frostflow 240L AIO liquid cooler. My idle temp is only 1-2 degrees Celsius above ambient, so the usual figure is around 29-31 °C, though it was somewhat lower during the cooler days of February. I recently encoded a 44 Gb BD ISO to MVK via Handbrake (a CPU-intensive multi-threaded process), it took 5 hours and 25 minutes but average CPU temp was only in the 70's.

60 °C on idle is way too high, considering that's only 10 °C lower than my average temperature on full CPU load! Of course I'm using a liquid cooler but even on a stock air cooler you shouldn't be hitting 60 °C on idle. Check if your heatsink is mounted properly and screwed on tightly, if there's a poor fit the temps can become high easily.

-- edited by Peorth on Mar 15 2017, 11:42 AM
  • sir need ko ba talaga mag format ng bagong OS pag bago yung board? di na kasi madetect yung old OS ko from z97 to B250
  • ^

Depende sir...Ano ba OS mo? Ako sa Family PC namen Windows 10 gamit from 7700K to Ryzen 1700x hindi na ako nagreformat ng OS e..
  • @immortalkings

sir need ko ba talaga mag format ng bagong OS pag bago yung board? di na kasi madetect yung old OS ko from z97 to B250

Yes, kelangan mo mag reformat pag bago yung motherboard dahil sa drivers. Windows 10 ang tatanggapin ng B250.
  • Yes, kelangan mo mag reformat pag bago yung motherboard dahil sa drivers. Windows 10 ang tatanggapin ng B250.

Sa kaso ko, never na ako nag re-format. nag migrate ako to B250 from B75 at and OS ko ay Windows 7 64bit, at first my mouse and keyboard was not detected dahil wala pang drivers so gumamit ako ng PS2 mouse adapter para magamit ko after install the drivers..ok na lahat.
  • sir need ko ba talaga mag format ng bagong OS pag bago yung board? di na kasi madetect yung old OS ko from z97 to B250

Ideally mas maganda mag reformat and fresh install of OS para malinis and less disk space used. Pero yung problem mo is loading USB drivers during install especially when installing from a USB flash drive. Hindi na kasi supported ang EHCI sa Kabylake so may chicken-and-egg problem of loading the USB drivers sa motherboard when you are installing from a USB drive. Also there are times that PS2 ports will not work kung walang PS/2 port emulation feature sa UEFI BIOS ng motherboard mo.

One option na pwede mo gawin is use your Z97 PC to do a base Windows 7 install and download all the B250 drivers for Windows 7 on the drive. Then swap the drive to the B250 PC, boot to safe mode, and install the downloaded B250 drivers until all devices are detected.
  • meron po bang naka Gigabyte GA-Z170x gaming 5 using i5 6600k dito na nakaoverclock, ano vcore nyo sa 4.5, nasa 1.330 kasi sa akin. i guess gigabyte boards are bad for overclocking.. nagkamali ng bili :(
  • meron po bang naka Gigabyte GA-Z170x gaming 5 using i5 6600k dito na nakaoverclock, ano vcore nyo sa 4.5, nasa 1.330 kasi sa akin. i guess gigabyte boards are bad for overclocking.. nagkamali ng bili :(

naka gigabyte gaming 7 ako before mas mataas nakukuha kong voltage sa gigabyte di katulad sa ASUS mas mababang voltage lang nakukuha ko. kaya mas gusto asus board.
  • naka gigabyte gaming 7 ako before mas mataas nakukuha kong voltage sa gigabyte di katulad sa ASUS mas mababang voltage lang nakukuha ko. kaya mas gusto asus board.

kaka frustrate nga eh nong nakita kong mababa ang vcore ng ibang brand gaya ng MSI and ASUS, atleast nabili ng mura..

nag-update ka na ng bios? F21? naka lagay dun, "V core adjustment" pero parang ganun pa rin.. wlang pinagbago
  • Ask ko lang po kung ano ung katubas nun Intel Core M? now ko lang nakita un eh then medyo Expensive???
  • @ilokanong_arabo

Nung naka GIgabyte Z170n Gaming 5 ako dati kailangan ko din ng 1.45V para mamaintain 4.6GHz sa i7 6700K. Nung nag switch ako sa Maximus VIII Impact 1.35V na lang kailangan. Yun lang di ko na naabutan BIOS version F21 hehe