Forum Topic

Possible DNS problem?

• Dear All:

am new to DC operation though some of DC\'s Function is somewhat I can handle it\'s just so much complicated here in our company making DC a one man TEAM ^^,)..

anyway, my problem is that we are running a QAD based ERP system and in it we had this routine to check login attempts for security reason, now on login.log where you can see login attempts we noticed a login attempt using android?? and a print server?

like i was thinking can even a print server have a tinyterm installed in it? or even in an android phone?

by the way in this login.log you can see ip addresses of the device and hostname so it\'s quite easy to identify who is who and which is which, we just somehow wondered how can a android or print server device be a media for logging into our ERP system while it will require you least a command prompt/terminal or similar programs to telnet to our ERP server in order to access the system

thanks in advance for your tips and suggestions, any is appreciated for i\'ve been googling this for like couple of days already. LOL. dr. google can\'t help me this time need some real pro\'s!
    riseku
  • how about block the access on your ERP system and set a whitelist based who can access this and that. Bawas pa sakit ng ulo.
  • While I\'m not knowledgeable in Android, I\'m pretty sure there\'s an app somewhere that gives bash (or another terminal) and telnet.

Print server? May have busybox.
  • thank you mga sir, whitelisting might do the trick pa approve ko nalang sa boss ^^,
  • hijacking thread

ano kaya problem pag yung globe fiber broadband ay hindi makaconnect sa isang site?
    PNB online account ko. 2 weeks nang hindi ma access. dati naman ay mabilis.
    tinawagan ko ang PNB at up and running sila.

wala ako makuha sa globe

pero ito yung weird,
    pag gumamit ako ng TOR browser ay nakaka connect sya.