Forum Topic

Sony PlayStation 4 (PS4) Thread (Jailbreak, piracy discussion & trolling is prohibited)

• Sirs planning to buy my first ps4 today. Once confirmed ano need kong gawin para sure na mas tatagal? Palit SSD? Reapply thermal paste? Palit fan in applicable?
  • ^Ask mo ano history ng console, if more than 2 years and out of warranty then I would reapply its thermal paste, this includes cleaning of the whole unit. Make sure to place it at a well ventilated area, buy those cheap 3D printed stands; If may issues like texture pop-ins or super haba ng loading time then replace the existing storage device. Look into changing the fan if reapplying new thermal paste and pads wont deal with overheating, you get an error message if your PS4 gets too hot. Yes SSD all the way but pricey.

-- edited by getvexed on Oct 31 2021, 07:36 PM
  • Sirs planning to buy my first ps4 today. Once confirmed ano need kong gawin para sure na mas tatagal? Palit SSD? Reapply thermal paste? Palit fan in applicable?

If you're getting a fat or slim PS4, I'd skip the SSD and would just get an external HDD. Both fat and slim have SATA2 controllers which will bottleneck the SSD. Not worth it IMO. At least with an external HDD, you still get to use your internal drive simultaneously with the external drive.

Regarding the thermal paste, make sure to use thick pastes which resist "pump out". Stay away from Arctic MX-4 on the PS4. I used it on both my launch PS4 and Pro, and MX-4 pumped out within weeks on both which resulted in loud fan speeds and overheating message. Right now I'm using Gelid GC-Extreme, both of my PS4s are silent now but still too early to tell. It's a thick paste which is actually hard to spread with a spatula so I'm hoping it will resist pump out. And while everything is disassembled, might as well replace the CR2032 CMOS battery and also the thermal pads on the memory chips. I recommend Gelid GP-Extreme or GP-Ultimate 1mm pads. These are really good. I used them on the VRAM chips on my 3090 and memory junction temps dropped considerably. Good luck!
  • Guys, ano ba talaga ang warranty ng Sony DualShock 4?

Kay D******z, 1-year warranty

Kay I****h, 7-days replacement lang