Forum Topic

The Mechanical Keyboard Thread

• Hi, pafeedback naman po sa Hyper X Alloy Elite (non-RGB)
    Cherry MX blue :)

Thanks!!
  • ok ang build quality ng hyperx alloy pero maingay ang cherry mx blue
  • maingay ang cherry mx blue

true because of the rather audible click when you press on a key

for me though, I prefer the tactile and click switches such as mx blues because I do a lot of typing. there's just something satisfying when you hear that click hahaha

then again, switches are mostly preference-based kasi

tried gat browns lately and hinahanap ko talaga yung ingay ng mx blues hahaha
  • Hi Sir,

May marecommend ba kayo maganda bilihan ng keycaps for Razer Blackwidow X Chroma?

Thanks.
  • @all

hardware problem na po ba pag nag-suffer na sa chattering yung keyboard? yung keyboard ko kasi ganun na.

up
  • @all

hardware problem na po ba pag nag-suffer na sa chattering yung keyboard? yung keyboard ko kasi ganun na.
    best this to do is try another kb. kung same problem with another kb, then hindi mismo and kb mo ang prob.

kung wala ka ibang kb, try using your kb sa ibang pc (friend's perhaps?) or try your kb sa safemode and check if the problem will persist.

hth
  • @ojay_c

currently using a new kb, and wala akong na-experience na ganung problem.

I think unfair comparison yung ginagawa ko. brand new versus 2-year old kb. maybe I'll try using my old kb sa safemode as you suggested.

thanks for your input.
  • If may chattering na keyboard meaning sa switch na prob nyan. Either madumi or sira na switch.
  • anyone knows a store who has stock of rakk ilis? what are the alternative for the same layout and price range?
  • ^out of stock pa ilis

not sure sa lazada kung meron baka yellow switch lang available

-- edited by BangBros on Feb 09 2019, 04:57 PM
  • Meron ba kayong alam na store within metro manila (Gilmore or makati sana) na may demo ng Ducky keyboard?
  • markvillegas Send Message View User Items on 13 Feb 19 @ 04:59 AM #

Meron ba kayong alam na store within metro manila (Gilmore or makati sana) na may demo ng Ducky keyboard?

^^ Same question... but I'm actually interested in the MOST NUMBER of mechanical keyboards to try out. I am looking to get my first kasi and don't want to rely on online reviews. TIA! :-)
  • ^ not too sure about this but a couple of stores i went to such as datablitz and octagon have no testers for their mech keeb offerings - some BS about the item being sealed and all that.

there is, however, one shop in SM Southmall na napakiusapan kong buksan yung mga Corsair, Redragon, and Fantech keebs nila hehehe. Sabi ko gusto ko mafeel yung difference ng iba't ibang switches so ayun pumayag naman hahahah

forgot the name of the shop but i'll edit this post once I get to remember the name of the shop
  • @norse
    Baka bet ka nung SA kaya maganda customer service sayo, ;)

-- edited by matchachloe on Feb 13 2019, 12:12 PM
  • @the_norseman1015

Thanks for replying,

Yeah, i really don't get why some stores do that --- as far as I know, dapat meron "display unit" so that customers can "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY". A keyboard is something that is ESPECIALLY subjective pa naman to one's tactile and auditory senses.

If memory serves me right, ang store na meron available display units are PCHub in Gilmore (Corsair and Redragon) and EasyPC in SM North. Pero display lang talaga -- meaning, they are not connected to a computer...which is really a bummer.
  • Baka bet ka nung SA kaya maganda customer service sayo, ;)

@matchachloe , natawa naman ako dito pero sad to say medyo me edad na si ateng tindera kaya pass hahaha. and besides, mas me appeal yung keyboards at that time e hahaha

Yeah, i really don't get why some stores do that --- as far as I know, dapat meron "display unit" so that customers can "TRY BEFORE YOU BUY". A keyboard is something that is ESPECIALLY subjective pa naman to one's tactile and auditory senses.

If memory serves me right, ang store na meron available display units are PCHub in Gilmore (Corsair and Redragon) and EasyPC in SM North. Pero display lang talaga -- meaning, they are not connected to a computer...which is really a bummer.

@rodelm172, i totally agree on this paps

unless you know someone who happens to have a keyboard with a particular switch you can try, blind buy, more often than not, ang nangyayari

in my case, my ducky shine 5 was sort of a blind buy kasi nakipindot lang ako ng fantech na me blue outemu switches so I kinda have an idea at that time how mx blues will feel and sound

my anne pro 2 with gat browns was a total blind buy though. read reviews and watch youtube vids of typing tests of anne pros with gat browns. when the item arrived, i was sorta disappointed because I was expecting it to be more tactile. i guess hinahanap ko yung tactile bump ng mx blues that the gat browns almost felt like reds. buti na lang naget over ko rin yung initial disappointment and i'm starting to get used to the browns na rin hahaha
  • Thanks sa reply.

I'm actually eyeing for a Corsair k70 mk2 na brown switch since yun yung display sa PCHub Gilmore, and para sakin eh swabe. Kaso I really don't need the RGB (nakaka ilang) kaya I'm also eyeing for the Ducky simple lang kaso medyo hesitant ako sa sinasabi nilang build quality sa nakikita ko kasi sa reviews parang kita yung nub marks (pinag alisan sa molding ng key caps).

So far sa mga nakita ko sa mall, Logitech ang laging me mga demo.
  • @markvillegas

not hating on corsair but most mech keeb enthusiasts actually don't recommend corsair (and even razer and logitech boards). according to them, these brands are rather overpriced and you can actually get something better for the amount of money you'd pay for a corsair/razer/logitech board.

as for the quality of ducky keyboards, i can swear by it. these boards are built like a tank. not sure about the nub marks though kasi mukhang okay naman yung keycaps nung shine 5 ko

and besides, you can easily replace the keycaps with better, albeit more expensive (and i mean, more expensive na keycaps set pa lang, presyo na ng isang keyboard) aftermarket keycaps. if I remember it right, this is something you can't readily do with corsair/razer/logitech (not sure ha, correct me ir i'm wrong, masters) as these brands have non-standard bottom rows
  • @markvillegas

Yes, go for Ducky. Alam ko nagbebenta Ducky is PCH*B tsaka Softb*x Sol*tions. Better stay away from logitech, corsair, razer, ROG, MSI kase for me, hindi talaga sya worth it for its price. Corsair MK2 is more or less 8k right? Correct me if I'm wrong but you can already buy a custom keyboard with that price.
  • not hating on corsair but most mech keeb enthusiasts actually don't recommend corsair (and even razer and logitech boards). according to them, these brands are rather overpriced and you can actually get something better for the amount of money you'd pay for a corsair/razer/logitech board.

i also considering ducky, kaso langku sya ng other features like multimedia keys, especially yung volume control na niroroll ng finger which is napaka convenient to adjust on the fly, wristpad is also a plus for long time playing session, usb port extension, the only factor that makes it overpriced is the RGB thing, my k70 was bought last 2013 pa, busted leds not a problem can easily replace it, keycaps, meron naman sa aliexpress at 1500 whole set. at the end of the day its up to you on what type of user you are

there is no one size fits all keyboards as there are different types of users, the enthusiasts who are willing to spend more accessorizing kebs, gamers who want more blings blings while some are not, the bang for the buck users, casual users, etc.

-- edited by CrkDice on Feb 14 2019, 12:07 PM
  • +1 ^
    Kaya pinili ko mag Corsair (was using Razer Blackwidow before) dahil sa mga multimedia keys, macros & RGB lighting. Sayang lang yung sa K65/K70 hindi sila USB 3.0 pass through, but only 2.0.

haha...

-- edited by BCFreeman on Feb 14 2019, 01:12 PM
  • Question lang po, napapalitan po ba yung switch ng gigaware k28?
  • QUestion lang mga sir. ano ba need pindutin para yung @ malipat sa shift ng number 2 key? ngayon kasi nasa " sya. parang nagkapalit. rakk ilis pala yung gamit ko. sa setup ba yun ng keyboard? tia
  • iirc, usually nasa keyboard language settings yan. Kapag ibang keyboard ba gamit mo nasa 2 naman yung @ sign?

Try to set keyboard layout to US English.
  • Maganda po ba ung varuna k559 or k557 kala ng redragon? Yun lang kasi kaya ng budget na mechanical keyboard eh. Kung may iba pa kayong maisusuggest na mechanical keyboard worth 2k-3k palagay naman po ng names.

TIA!!!
  • ^rakk or tecware din ata ok din
  • OA naman ng Cherry MX Speed Silvers, super sensitive ng keys.
  • Same sa k95 platinum, cherry mx speed keys super sensitive, madampian lang ng bahagya e nagreregister na
  • OA naman ng Cherry MX Speed Silvers, super sensitive ng keys.

matitigan mo lang yan, mag aactuate mag isa yan. hahaha
  • @adonis @smuggy
    Tumpak niyo ang feeling. Parang minsan nga pakiramdam ko may defect yung keyboard. hahaha.

Pinaka sensitive pa na key sakin yung spacebar. yung mga tables ko tuloy sa excel ang daming white space cells. Naintriga lang ako kasi, natry ko na blue, black brown red at clears. Yung speeds na lang hindi. Sows.

Best keys parin talaga in terms of feel ay yung blues. Yung ingay lang talaga hindi pasado sa kumander ko pati sa office environment

-- edited by matchachloe on Feb 17 2019, 12:16 PM