Forum Topic

open microsoft project file

• When attempting to open this file I receive an error message: "There was a problem opening this project last time, do you want to attempt a repair?" If I choose yes or no for the repair I still get the same result after, which is another message saying: "This action will cause a scheduling conflict. Task 266 of XXX with status upd...'has a task constraint or is linked to a task that cannot move, and as a result the constraint or the link cannot be set. You can, cancel or continue." Does anyone know how I can go about recovering this file?
  • Data changes are guaranteed to be written to the transaction log, but the data pages may still be held in cache. If every transaction had to write affected pages to disk on commit, the disk throughput and cache turnover would be so high that the database would be very slow indeed. The fact that the transaction changes are recorded in the transaction log means that a transaction can always be rolled back if necessary, even if the server crashes. Here is page: <click here for link> This is why the transaction log is always scanned for transaction to be rolled back / rolled forward on server startup before a database is brought online. You may try read thes, it is a professional data recovery software.