Forum Topic

AMD Enthusiast (Anything and Everything about AMD. OT posts will be removed)

• Having issues with CTR not loading my settings after reboot so I decided to ditch it and just go for the traditional bios OC. I settled at this OC cause my FIT voltage is at 1.244v and I couldn't even run Prime95 small FFT for around 2mins without few of the cores crashing at 4.4ghz 1.23v. Though I can complete runs with CB R23 fine I don't want to get to close to the FIT voltage allowed.
    4.325ghz 1.206v vcore

Overall, the difference between overclocking Zen 2 and that includes tweaking mems vs the early few months after Zen 1 launch is just night and day. Took me weeks to get the stable oc of my Ryzen 7 1700 and the same mem kit I'm using now. Even after, I'm still getting crashes running WCG and attributed it to my mem oc oddly not stable even though I passed HCI memtest @3000% coverage. With Zen 2 I barely break any sweat. So kung buhay pa tung Taichi X370 ko in a 2-3 years I might try the modded bios for it so I can run Zen 3. Ngayon sana plano ko, been eyeing the 5600x but decided to go against it the final minute. Though I been reading positive feedback from a few user sa OCN forums masyado pa ata hilaw yung bios don't want to be the recipient of issues emerging along the way. Masyado hassle. So play safe muna.
  • sirs/mam - pwede po ba malaman kung support ang rebar sa AMD 5600xt? Naghahahanap po kasi ako sa web wala ako masyado makita information. When I got GPU Z sabi Resizable BAR not supported. Baka meron pwede mag confirm please.
    BIOS updated TUF Gaming PRO and I can see the option to enable.
    Sapphire Radeon 5600 XT OC

Salamat!
  • It’s supported so you pass all the requirement ,

Vbios if have, csm disable, bios and bios settings
  • @danpresko

eto system requirements ng SAM:

Hardware
    AMD 500 Series Motherboards
    Select AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Processors
    AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series Processors
    AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 Series Graphics

Software
    AMD Radeon Software Driver 20.11.2 or newer
    Latest Motherboard BIOS (based on AMD AGESA 1.1.0.0 or newer)

Walang SAM ang Radeon 5000 series
  • ^

Officially, RX6000. Pero seeing some feedback with 5700XT na meron ata.

Check this thread <click here for link>
  • Walang 5700X, instead 5700G ang ire release nila sa DIY market, ito dapat talaga original ko nakukunin lol kaso nag 5800X na

• Salamat sa sagot mga sirs at pag confirm. :)
  • Walang 5700X, instead 5700G ang ire release nila sa DIY market, ito dapat talaga original ko nakukunin lol kaso nag 5800X na

unless may pagagamitan ka sa iGPU niya mas ok pa din yang 5800x mo.
  • New chipset drivers are out 2.17.25.506
  • Para sa mga matibay jan, FSR (FidelityFX Super Resolution) will work with RX 470/480

sauce : <click here for link>
  • ^ para san ba yan boss? im using rx 480
  • @wallcolm_x

para san ba yan boss? im using rx 480

Equivalent ng Nvidia DLSS
  • ^

Plot twist, up to nvidia/gamedevs kung gusto nila i-implement. Sana naman para tumagal pa ung mga nka GTX 10*0 jan

• My god, ang solid pang emulator niyang 5700g! Haaaaaaay, kelan kaya ma-release yan sa public? Outside of OEM pre-built systems I mean?

Question lang sa 5800x, are any of you having the heat issues being mentioned everywhere? I was going to get it sana for an editing station, but I might settle for the 3700x if malaking problema yung heat. Salamat sa sasagot!
  • Question lang sa 5800x, are any of you having the heat issues being mentioned everywhere? I was going to get it sana for an editing station, but I might settle for the 3700x if malaking problema yung heat. Salamat sa sasagot!

Depende kung saan ang reading ng temp sensor. Generally, comparable lang ng thermals and 3x00 and 5x00 series.
    I'm using 360mm AIO and X470 in my Rig. My 5600x could reach 4.875 all cores at 73c when PBO is enabled. My old 3600x 4.1 ghz all core reaches around 65c PBO enabled.

-- edited by gaLj on Jun 10 2021, 06:32 PM
  • @lordseph
    Press release says Aug 5.

Kung pwede ka magwait for November hintayin mo na. Hopefully successful yung implementation ng scheduling for Windows 11 & Alder Lake para mapilitan magrespond ang AMD (either pricing or better binned Zen 3) since Q4 2022 pa yung AM4.

• Question lang sa 5800x, are any of you having the heat issues being mentioned everywhere? I was going to get it sana for an editing station, but I might settle for the 3700x if malaking problema yung heat. Salamat sa sasagot!

may workaround naman jan. You can disable PBO tapos undervolt + OC. Gamit ka CTR.

for my 5800X, when not properly configured/tweaked, it reaches 90C on some torture and 80C on high cpu usage apps/games tests on my 120mm pushpull rad, but using PBO2 curve optimizer+ TDP tweaks, reduced 10+C on temps while maintaining same/faster performance.
  • ^

Di lang ako kampante sa PPT/TDC/EDC tweaks. I just left it at disabled (chip defaults) and negative curve offsets.
  • ^ ^

Thanks sa mga reply niyo! Now I'm still stuck kung 3900x or 5800x since they both fall within the same price sa market now. By the way, I'll be using it for video editing via Premiere Pro and color grading via Davinci resolve.

I'm even considering going for a 3600 or 3700x then putting the rest of my money in a better video card (I'm currently using my old 1050ti)

What do you guys think? I've seen some reviews online putting them against each other for editing purposes and yung difference ng render times, acceptable pa naman sakin. Di naman pelikula ang edit ko so mga tig 10min videos lang.

What do you guys think?
  • ^ ^

Thanks sa mga reply niyo! Now I'm still stuck kung 3900x or 5800x since they both fall within the same price sa market now. By the way, I'll be using it for video editing via Premiere Pro and color grading via Davinci resolve.

I'm even considering going for a 3600 or 3700x then putting the rest of my money in a better video card (I'm currently using my old 1050ti)

What do you guys think? I've seen some reviews online putting them against each other for editing purposes and yung difference ng render times, acceptable pa naman sakin. Di naman pelikula ang edit ko so mga tig 10min videos lang.

What do you guys think?

5900X and never look back.

5900X user here sir. di lang pampapilya pang isports pa hehee
  • @lordseph

Depende sa budget + kung kailangan mas mabilis matapos renders/projects na sunod sunod (trabaho).

5900x/5950x ideal kung may budget talaga

• 5900X user here sir. di lang pampapilya pang isports pa hehee

Patay tayo dyan. Nahahalata ang edad mo sir.

5900x/5950x ideal kung may budget talaga

^ ^ Salamat ulit sa mga reply nyo. I think I will make the 5900x my end goal then! Sana bumagsak presyo although I doubt it will!
  • The beginning of the end.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/gpu-europe-price-drop-shortage-easing
  • hi. i'm soliciting for suggestions regarding an upgrade.

background:
    1. i already have the parts on hand since 4 or 5 years ago but did not have the time to setup due to work. since WFH, medyo may oras na so i'm trying to complete this rig since luma naman mga games na nilalaro ko
    2. current cpu is phenom 550 BE (can be unlocked to quad core) with scythe mugen 2 hsf
    3. parts on hand for upgrade is 2x 8gb 1866 ram, fx-8350, and scythe big shuriken (1st version)
    4. obviously the mugen 2 hsf is better than big shuriken, but according to asrock, my 990FX fatal1ty pro requires top-down hsf to cool the vrm and nb if i'm using 125w and up cpu

dilemma/options:
    1. use the mugen 2 and hope for the best
    2. use the big shuriken (but i don't think it can cool the 8-core cpu with 125w TDP)
    3. buy another top-down hsf (big shuriken 3 or the noctua counterpart) - not preferred since it's around 3-3.5k added cost
    4. use the mugen 2 and do a heatsink w/ fan mod for the vrm and/or nb

i would choose 4 but don't know what items to buy that are compatible with the mobo in terms of size, mounting holes, and clearance from the mugen heatsink block. any ideas/suggestions?

-- edited by law_handyman on Jun 22 2021, 07:19 PM
  • ^

How's your case airflow/cooling??
  • it's a full atx case with 2x 120mm front and 1x 140mm side intake fans. then 1x 120mm rear and 1x 140mm top exhaust
  • hi. i'm soliciting for suggestions regarding an upgrade.

Most coolers have measurements/dimensions included in their information pages. Use these to determine casing clearance before buying.
  • 2. use the big shuriken (but i don't think it can cool the 8-core cpu with 125w TDP)

+1 on this but swap to a non-slim fan
  • @law_handyman

i would choose 4 but don't know what items to buy that are compatible with the mobo in terms of size, mounting holes, and clearance from the mugen heatsink block. any ideas/suggestions?

Buy double sided tape & 40mm fans from Sh*pee. Make sure it is rated for 12V so you can connect it to your motherboard fan headers.

-- edited by Ignus on Jun 24 2021, 08:14 AM