Forum Topic

SKY Broadband VPN issues

• Hi TPC,

Ask lang po ko tulong since me and my wife are working from home, we have to connect to our office servers using Sonicwall Global VPN software.

Naka 2x na palit na po ng modem/router sa amin 1st wast Technicolor Router and 2nd po and currently installed is Cisco DPC2325R2.

Once I double click on the vpn connection, it should ask for a username and password. but it doesnt.

Nag connect ako sa friend ko using Globe broadband and it worked. It asked for the VPN login and connected.

Going back po using our sky broadband router, everytime I double click and enable, nothing happens. Upon checking the log, eto po ung actual error.

"The peer is not responding to phase 1 ISAKMP requests"

Again, it worked po using other modem/router ni globe. Sa sky broadband lang po ayaw..

Need help po.. thanks in advance
  • ^
  • this is common issue for Sonicwall VPNs with ISP that is under CGN without ALG enabled on ISP side.

Headache sa akin to so we just moved to OpenVPN and call it a day. Ayun ok naman kahit under CGN pa yung mga clients at wala na kailangan extra configuration sa router since some routers needs port forwarding to make Sonicwall VPNs works.

Maybe try enabling VPN passthrough on your DOCSIS router may fix the issue, although im not counting on it too much since under CGN ang Sky Cable.
  • Using a paid VPN service but then again you're passing through Sky's CGN so that might not work.

Best bet would be to subscribe to Sky's static IP which is outside of CGN. 700 petot added on your monthly broadband bill.
  • Thank you po polka and the duh. I appreciate your answers. Very helpful.

I just have a question, what if I connect to a mobile hotspot/wifi like smart/globe prepaid?

Will that work? Kasi po parang mas makatipid ako sa ganun na option? Just buy a plug-it/hotspot and then try to connect to our vpn once connected?

VPN use naman po namin kasi is by request, I mean I dont have to be VPN the entire working hours minsan lang po if needed ng client.

Thank you very much!
  • Or any suggestions of Paid VPN service that should work with CGN network? TIA
  • @kurdafi - that could be a solution as well! How's Globe and Smart data service in your area? If you have an android or Apple LTE enabled device mas cheap alternative than spending $6-7 per month on VPN or Php700 on Sky's static IP.
  • @theduh

Thanks for the advice!
  • VPN will not fix the issue , not unless that VPN allows port forwarding to port 50 and 500 (which is most of them dont allow port forwarding lower than 1000), medyo mahal yung mga ganong VPN service so I recommend just getting a static IP, lalo na kung meron pag gagamitan na iba, like if your have CCTV sa house nyo magagamit mo yan.

ginagamit lang naming ang Sonicwall VPN as site-to-site connection eg, connecting branch A and branch B, pag meron mga users na gusto ma access yung private network ng company either on-the-go or at home, ill just let them connect using OpenVPN.

-- edited by polka on Feb 10 2016, 02:14 PM
  • I have problems din with our office VPN with sky, grabe super bagal pag naka connect. Had to retain a 2mbps PLDT dsl just for the times that we work from home.
  • Same issue with my husband ayaw mag connect yung vpn sky din gamit namin sabi ng sky wala daw saknila yung problem
  • @athenz

Disable connection first on pointing/provisioned VPN IP.

On File tab, click Properties then check Restrict the size of the first ISAKMP packet sent, then click OK

-- edited by caviar_rainbow on Jul 26 2020, 08:42 AM

-- edited by caviar_rainbow on Jul 26 2020, 08:43 AM