Forum Topic

PC Gaming on Linux (see page 1)

• Basingstoke is now free for Linux at Itch.io.
    <click here for link>
  • One man game dev?
  • Devil May Cry 5 works on Linux on release day. Thanks to Steam Play.

<click here for link>
  • The Linux-powered Atari VCS is getting upgraded to AMD Ryzen
    <click here for link>

• Nightdive Studios have released more footage of their System Shock reboot
    <click here for link>

• Core i7 9700K + GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

<click here for link>

Core i7 3770K + Radeon RX 590

<click here for link>

Core i7 7820X + GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

<click here for link>

• <click here for link>

• <click here for link>

• <click here for link>

• <click here for link>

• <click here for link>

• <click here for link>
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Linux Gaming Performance & Benchmarks
    <click here for link>

The GeForce GTX 1650 is capable of running some light to decently demanding games at 1080p should you be on a severe budget of $150~160+ for the graphics card. But if you can afford it, going for the Radeon RX 580~590 at dollars above $200 USD or the GeForce GTX 1660 at $219 USD will deliver much greater potential for running Linux games at higher quality 1080p settings than would be possible with the GTX 1650. But for the price the GeForce GTX 1650 is a decent contender and an option that doesn't require an external PCI Express power connector. The Linux support for the GeForce GTX 1650 is in great shape and similar to the other Turing graphics cards, assuming you are okay with using the proprietary graphics driver stack.

-- edited by bintsmok on May 05 2019, 02:10 PM
  • Downhill extreme sports game 'Descenders' leaves Early Access with multiplayer
    <click here for link>

Performance now seems pretty good overall too, with some settings on Ultra it mostly remains at 60FPS and above and it does feel smooth. So with the Linux version, it's really looking good. Not just performance though, graphically it's actually pretty good looking too.

You can pick it up from Humble Store and Steam.

• <click here for link>

• <click here for link>
  • DOTA Underlords from Valve is already quite addictive and they're improving it quickly
    <click here for link>

• System76 Thelio with Ryzen 7 2700X and GeForce RTX 2070

Linux vs. Windows gaming benchmarks start around 4:02 <click here for link>

• <click here for link>

• <click here for link>
  • Valve release an official statement about the future of Linux support, they "remain committed" to Linux gaming
    <click here for link>

The Linux landscape has changed dramatically since we released the initial version of Steam for Linux, and as such, we are re-thinking how we want to approach distribution support going forward. There are several distributions on the market today that offer a great gaming desktop experience such as Arch Linux, Manjaro, Pop!_OS, Fedora, and many others. We'll be working closer with many more distribution maintainers in the future. If you're working on such a distribution and don't feel your project has a direct line of contact with us, by all means, have a representative reach out directly.

• <click here for link>
  • I switched to Linux for game development... and I love it! Here are 6 reasons why
    <click here for link>

• These Windows 10 Vs Pop OS Benchmarks Reveal A Surprising Truth About Linux Gaming Performance
    <click here for link>

What we’re seeing today is a level of gaming performance on Linux that simply wasn’t happening a year ago. Or even 6 months ago. Parity is being achieved more frequently, and while you still can’t play every Windows game under the sun, the landscape looks brighter as each day rolls on. Plus, this little test was leveraging Nvidia GPUs. I suspect that once Valve’s ACO compiler matures, a similar experiment on Radeon GPUs may show even stronger performance when compared to Windows.

-- edited by bintsmok on Jul 18 2019, 10:17 AM
  • Good to see it's all works, especially SekiroShadows Die Twice, I really love this game and I am more than happy to see it's coold and dandy with Linux system I plan to delete Windows and install it right now anyway really.
  • Another Look At The Maturing AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Linux Performance
    <click here for link>

• <click here for link>

<click here for link>
  • Get ready to blow everything up in Smith and Winston, releasing on August 27, 2019
    <click here for link>

Feature Highlight:

Fully destructible everything.

Two player couch Co-Op.

Humorous storyline.

Explosions, with extra explosions.

Twin stick combat.

Metroid style exploration.

Selection of weapons and power ups to collect.
    Rocket pack adding another dimension to twin stick combat.

Buddy Mode - Coop player 2 can't be shot! Play with your kids or your friend who sucks!

Casual Gameplay - Challenging and rewarding not insane and hard, it's fun to explore and shoot and destroy.

You can pick up Smith and Winston in Early Access right now or wishlist for next week on itch.io and Steam.
  • 20-Way Linux Graphics Card Comparison For Total War: Three Kingdoms
    <click here for link>

• Intel Core i9 9900K vs. AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Linux Gaming Performance
    <click here for link>