Forum Topic

Alienware 15" R2 or Acer, Predator 15

• Need suggestion which one i should buy? Sa mga laptop masters dyan pa help po

Alienware

Acer Predator

Considering these:
    Warranty/repair
    Customer Support
    Build Quality
    Reliability

Thanks sa makaka tulong

-- edited by krauzergtx on Mar 14 2016, 04:09 PM
  • up
  • Actually mura yang presyo ng Alienware 15 na nakita mo, $1,899.99 nga ang price sa Dell US kapag naka i7 and GTX970M:
    http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-15/pd

Care to share kung saang online store mo nakita yan? :)

I'm also choosing between the 2 pero medyo malaki difference sa price yung Alienware.
  • In case you decide on alienware, make sure you'll get a full warranty. I bought an alienware 15 R2 two weeks ago. After one week of light use (browsing and light gaming on diablo 3), I'm getting non-stop BSOD and restart. I ran the Dell PSA diagnostic, turns out my laptop needs a mobo replacement. Anyway, I requested a replacement from Dell. I got mine online on Dell website. Mine is spec'ed pretty much the same as above, except that it came with 16gb ram / UHD / 256gb SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, which is priced at 1.7k

I like the alienware build quality though the FHD screen on alienware is a piece of crap (reason I went UHD). Most alienware screen also suffers from uneven backlight bleeding including UHD (not sure with other laptop). Lesson learned - get the one with a better warranty support.
  • UPDATE*

sorry for the very late update guys, Well i decided to choose Alienware over Acer Predator reason im not sure about the build quality and warranty support. Regarding naman sa alienware 15 r2 issues madami ako nabasang feedbacks and reviews nga about sa problems and errors nya like what sir d3rrick said laging BSOD. so natakot ako lalo na through online ko lang sya bibilin. Then i decided mag 17 r3 nalang and good thing nag sale bigla ung alienware 17 r3 same specs ng 15 r2 sa amazon from $1,579 to $1,499 neto lang march 27 so i grab it agad with free The division game code pa. neto lang april 1 dumating sakin and im very satisfied with the big screen, no backlight bleeding, accurate color reproduction, very nice full keyboard layout with macro keys and specially the performance! playing ultra settings in the division no problems at all playing in hours while installing and downloading pa at the back. i must say sulit na sulit ang alienware 17 r3 plus the dell service center here in doha qatar is just a kilo away from my apartment kaya no worries at all.

@dayamos
    sa dell website lang yan sir just choose the $1,299 then optional upgrade mo nalang

intentional na blurred

• ok lang ba temps ng alienware?