Forum Topic

Nvidia Shield TV owners thread

• ^ I suggest you follow this guide to recover your Nvidia shield 2015. <click here for link>
    It happened to me once last year when I upgraded my shield 2107. My shield was no longer booting up and showing something got corrupted.
    you'll need the shield controller(to access fastboot), a usb A male to male cable and ADB on your computer to flash the recovery image.
    successfully recovered mine following the guide posted by nvidia.
  • ^ already tried it, cannot send commands to the shield using the PC eventhough i already am in fastboot mode
  • Bought a shield tv gaming package, naka sale now sa Amazon :)
  • Good evening sir/maam. I am contemplating if I would go for nvidia shield tv or mi box s lang muna since this will be my first tv box. alin po ba sa dalawa ang friendly user? im not a techie person po kasi. saka regular led tv lang ang tv namin. btw, hm nyo po nabili ang unit nyo? im browsing at us based online store and its $187 now. kahapon $180 lang. may idea po ba kayo kung kelan kaya magkaka sale ulit?
    thanks in advance.
  • ^same lang naman madali gamitin. The major factor is the price so, you're safe with Mi box S.
    Only go for nvidia shield tv if you're gonna use it for gaming, and you want a premium feel when watching HDR content.(requires HDR TV)
  • @vipeeflores
    Thanks po sa reply. I am about to order nvidia shield sa a**zon po sana. I chose to change the currency of my cc into peso before I placed an order. And it surprised me it was sky high rocket its currency adjusted to 1usd to 55php. (The current exhange rate is only 1usd to 52php only). Now im wondering if I could cancel my order now. i havent placed my order yet. Thanks
  • try mo muna humanap sa FB ng mga seller baka meron ka makita na mas mura.
  • New nvidia shield owner here and I like it so much. Meron lang issue and not sure if it’s with my router or nvidia shield. Hindi kasi nakakapagcast from phone kapag naka ethernet yung shield pero pag wifi ok naman. Hindi madetect sa google home app basically and pag nagcast from youtube and spotify loading lang. Pag tanggal naman ng lan cable ok na. Same modem/router gamit yung isp provided. Natry ko na rin uninstall/reinstall update ng gcast app pero same pa rin. Sa router wala namang separate na for wifi and lan. Same ng subnet. Thanks.
  • marx89 Send Message View User Items on 22 Feb 19 @ 10:28 AM #

New nvidia shield owner here and I like it so much. Meron lang issue and not sure if it’s with my router or nvidia shield. Hindi kasi nakakapagcast from phone kapag naka ethernet yung shield pero pag wifi ok naman. Hindi madetect sa google home app basically and pag nagcast from youtube and spotify loading lang. Pag tanggal naman ng lan cable ok na. Same modem/router gamit yung isp provided. Natry ko na rin uninstall/reinstall update ng gcast app pero same pa rin. Sa router wala namang separate na for wifi and lan. Same ng subnet. Thanks.

CHECK MO baka iba ang IP address.naexperience ko din yan, WIFI dpaat ;ahat nakaconnect para magkita kita sila.
  • I see. Thanks. Mukhang wifi na lang gagamtin ko nagcompare naman ako ng streaming 4k 60fps sa youtube nerd mode same yung speed.
    I just have this assumption kasi na mas maganda talaga pag wired connection.
  • marx89 Send Message View User Items on 22 Feb 19 @ 01:44 PM #

I see. Thanks. Mukhang wifi na lang gagamtin ko nagcompare naman ako ng streaming 4k 60fps sa youtube nerd mode same yung speed.
    I just have this assumption kasi na mas maganda talaga pag wired connection.

dapat kasi within the same IP sila eh, check mo din ung IP range mo ng Wired vs WIFI. Not sure kung meron nito
  • Wired is always bettet than wireless, no matter what. I haven't checked the usage of Chromecast with my unit but I'll do when I have time.
  • kevindd992002 - yes I switched to LAN again. Bihira lang naman gamitin google cast feature. Is there a way to make Gforce Now game latency low? ang taas kasi ng sa akin and it seems nasa Europe or US mga server kaya ganun. I've used smartdnsproxy and also removed it pero same pa rin.

thanks.
  • Shield 2017 rev1 or rev2? How to find out.

P/N # XXX-XXXXX-2500-XXX are v1 revision;
    P/N # XXX-XXXXX-2505-XXX are v2 revision;
    P/N # XXX-XXXXX-2506-XXX might be an even newer minor revision

Credits to Wewewi of SHIELD TV forums
    <click here for link>

• Is there a way to make Gforce Now game latency low? ang taas kasi ng sa akin and it seems nasa Europe or US mga server kaya ganun. I've used smartdnsproxy and also removed it pero same pa rin.

@marx89
    as of now there's no more way to get a lower latency with GeforeNOW. The lowest I got now was arround 160ms using US west servers.
    they removed the Asian server last January 2018. I used to get latency of 40 to 50ms and 1080p60 gaming with GeforceNOW.
    now swerte nalang kung maka 720p30 ka.
  • @unimodem - Thank you. Playable naman mga game sa akin malabo lang talaga which is ok lang din since mainly for streaming yung shield. Meron din palang issue sa 2.4 Ghz. I think bihira na lang naman gagamit ng frequency na yun although it still needs to be addressed. Got v1 revision.
  • Please read the updated information in the link above regarding the "revision". It turns out that the OP was wrong and that we cannot accurately use the P/N as basis.
  • ^Yup just cracked open mine just to check. Nope there's no antenna inside my Shield. Mine is supposedly v1 w/ PN 2500. I noticed that the LED lights are now surface mounted on the PCB.

Other revisions have wires connected on the top case for the LED lights.

• Upgraded my Nvidia shield TV to 7.2.3

• Hi guys! I'm glad i saw this thread here. Been using the Shield for 4 months now but somehow got broken. First the remote, I thought it was battery dead, but once replaced its still did not work. After 1 month, the shield itself did not power on anymore.

Is there a service center here for us owners? I bought this on Amazon and had it shipped here in the Philippines.
  • May upgrade naman si Nvidia Shield

• hi guys, i just would like to confirm,
    i have a 4k hdr tv, atmos soundbar and i want shield to play hdr atmos movie files from my nas drive.
    can kodi play hdr 4k content with atmos on shield 2017?
    i am using a nuc which plays movies with atmos but not hdr.
    thanks!
  • hi guys, i just would like to confirm,
    i have a 4k hdr tv, atmos soundbar and i want shield to play hdr atmos movie files from my nas drive.
    can kodi play hdr 4k content with atmos on shield 2017?
    i am using a nuc which plays movies with atmos but not hdr.
    thanks!

yes it can.
  • thank you!
  • Hi, any shield tv users here having issues with hdr color mapping with oreo?
  • Hi, any shield tv users here having issues with hdr color mapping with oreo?

resolved na yan sa oreo with a beta feature, then normal feature na sya sa pie.

so far mine works fine switching color spaces using an LG oled.
  • resolved na yan sa oreo with a beta feature, then normal feature na sya sa pie.

hi sir thanks for your reply. is there a beta release of oreo with this feature or sa official orea incorporated na yung beta feature? sorry bukas ko palang makukuha yung shield so i have no idea.
  • sa official oreo sya ginawang beta feature. pagnakuha mo naman yung shield mo magpprompt yan ng upgrade. upgrade mo na lang sa pie.
  • maraming salamat sa mga sagot sir!
  • Hi Shield users, question,
    Using android tv to play netflix, hdr and atmos shows lumalabas and plays properly, with hdr and atmos.
    Using shield’s netflix however, 4k, non hdr and no atmos, how come? Usually its just 4k and 5.1, same show naman.
    Is there a problem with kodi’s netflix playing hdr and atmos?
    I can play hdr and atmos videos using shield’s kodi media player.

Thank you!