Forum Topic

Nvidia Shield TV owners thread

• Yup! 7.99 lang, solve na ako and paminsan minsan na laro. If may existing PC ka with gamestream mas magiging malaki pa ang range ng games mo.
  • How adonis_gm [TS] ?
  • ^ <click here for link>
  • nice, may tax exemption.. that's very good! at least bawi yung 10% imposed tax on exported goods from US to PH..

as for my case, since US resident yung bumili, wala ako refund. but I noticed from my boss' invoice seems the tax imposed is only around 6.5% =))
  • Paid for the shipment of my 2017 shield controller, initial price was 900 plus then after applying discount on citibank it shrunk to 770 pesos. Here is the item pic from shipping cart

-- edited by adonis_gm on Feb 12 2017, 08:21 AM
  • anyone using kodi?
  • I am using spmc instead of kodi, kodi just upgraded so I still need to research on how to bring back exodus
  • Anyone who is using Plex or Kodi to play movies connected to a NAS ( DLINK DNS 320L) or any NAS like QNAP & Synology. How's the performance when playing 4K movies?
  • ^ have not tried that kind of setup but I have tried 1tb hard disk connected to my Asus rt ac87u router and thru dlna I can watch 4k samples from LG (chess) without a hitch via 5g or Lan cable in kodi or spmc
  • Of course our shield TV is number 1!
  • @adonis_gm [TS] It is more convenient kasi if naka NAS yon downloaded files mo directly na nasave sa NAS mo so no copying and transferring files from pc to usb flashdrive.
  • hi, may nakatry na po magsideload ng iwanttv app ng abs-cbn? stuck lang sa logo saken. thanks
  • It is more convenient kasi if naka NAS yon downloaded files mo directly na nasave sa NAS mo so no copying and transferring files from pc to usb flashdrive.

Ah ok, hindi kasi ako nagcocollect ng Movie files, ones na mapanood ko e diretso delete na agad, kaya sakin sakto lang ang setup ko and no need for Nas. Gawa ko kasi Download ko sa laptop ko files when I am here at the office, I am subscribed to uploaded.net tapos naka 50mbps ako dito sa office kaya mabilis ang Download using Internet download manager. Then after downloading inuupload Ko naman papunta sa hardisk na nakalagay sa router ko using Filezilla ftp, Naka 50mbps din ako sa bahay kaya mabilis lang mag transfer ng files. Kaya paguwi ko sa bahay, Open lang ng shield den watch mode to the max na hehe
  • hi, may nakatry na po magsideload ng iwanttv app ng abs-cbn? stuck lang sa logo saken. thanks

I have not tried it yet, Kasi I am using built in iwantv on my LG Oled b6p, no need login details just click and watch. But Iflix I have tried but you would need e mouse/keyboard to navigate the menus, shield controllers is not compatible

You can't past IwantTV, there is some IP checking happening there.
  • Gusto ko talaga itry tong setup <click here for link> with my skycable subscription. Unfortunately, ayaw idisclose ng skycable support if pwede yung smartcard sa 3rd party CAM.
  • Freshly downloaded Resident Evil 7, and tried nvidia gamestream from my Asus N550jk with gtx850m to my Nvidia shield TV. Game was flawless!

-- edited by adonis_gm on Feb 15 2017, 08:37 PM
  • I'm also using gamestream from my desktop to my Nvidia Shield TV. Question lang.. meron ba kayong games na hindi nagststart when you launch the game? Kailangan ko pa kasi manually ilaunch from desktop (using gamepad) to start the game instead of automatic magopen sya when you launch the game.
  • Question lang.. meron ba kayong games na hindi nagststart when you launch the game? Kailangan ko pa kasi manually ilaunch from desktop (using gamepad) to start the game instead of automatic magopen sya when you launch the game.
    sa experience ko lahat naman ng Games e automatic nag oopen, pero yung iba Need i add yung exe file sa gamestream menu para ma integrate sya sa shield
  • A heads up may winter sale ngayon sa geforce now, I just bought shadow warrior 2, abzu , and homefront for pretty low prices.

<click here for link>

-- edited by adonis_gm on Feb 17 2017, 11:40 PM
  • Now downloading ang installing shield experience 5.1

What’s New in 5.1?

Rumble Support for GeForce NOW

GeForce NOW joins GameStream with support for dual vibration feedback with the new SHIELD controller.
    Try it out today in games like Tomb Raider, ABZÛ, and LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens.

And More

Amazon Video enhancements for surround sound as well as remote control responsiveness.
    Support for encrypted VP9 with subsampling.
    Enhanced system performance and stability.

Other Enhancements
    • Adds Amazon Video app enhancements for surround sound pass-through, remote control responsiveness, and resolves cases of blank display for HDR playback.
    • Adds support for Encrypted VP9 with subsampling.
    • Delivers v1.02 firmware update for the new SHIELD controller. Fixes responsiveness when waking SHIELD from sleep, resolves issues when updating the controller while connected via USB, and fixes IR setup issues.
    • Delivers v1.05 firmware update for the new SHIELD TV (16GB) when paired with SHIELD remote. Update fixes issues with battery level reporting.
    • Delivers v1.06 firmware update for the new SHIELD TV (16GB) when paired with SHIELD remote with headset jack accessory. Update fixes responsiveness when resuming from sleep.
    • Fixes instances of SHIELD restarting when connected to Wi-Fi with location services disabled for certain EU regions.
    • Fixes rare cases of random system restarts.
    • Fixed cases of reduced system and gaming performance due to reduced available memory after using certain video apps.
    • Fixes cases of no surround audio from some sound bars when using EAC3 audio pass-through.
    • Fixes cases where USB drives were incorrectly being reported as slow when adopting storage.
    • Fixes cases where HDR capability was incorrectly showing in Netflix for non-HDR TVs.
    • Fixes an issue with 2TB+ hard drives that would show half the available storage when the drive is moved from adopted (internal) storage back to removable storage.
    • Updates Google Play Store version to resolve issues of apps not automatically updating.
    • Added network option to disable IPv6 to resolve cases of Ethernet connection dropping or not working.
    • Fixes cases of black screen after Upgrade 5.0 for cases where the TV EDID is blank or HDMI cable is bad. Although SHIELD now returns to a safe resolution, we recommend customers check their HDMI cable to ensure it is able to deliver the full resolution supported by their TV.
    • Fixes cases of the setting for SHIELD storage access over local network disappearing for German language setting.
    • Fixes cases of BBC apps missing in UK.
    • Fixes cases where Network Attached Storage mounting stops working when SHIELD is set to some EU languages.

-- edited by adonis_gm on Feb 18 2017, 10:45 AM
  • looking to get a laptop with gamestream.. can suggesting a cheaper ones?
  • ^ I am using a Asus N550jk with gtx850m and streams games from steam or from installed games decently, I read that minimum gpu in a laptop to do gamestreaming are gtx800 series
  • woot. pwede na mag transfer to \\SHIELD\external\NVIDIA_SHIELD. then move nalanag using es explorer.

anyone of you can confirm na lumalabas sa network drives ang external storage even if hindi plex server beta ang installed sa shield tv?
  • gamestreaming mafia 3 to nvidia shield tv

• Nvidia Shield TV PRO (2017) review

I am an owner of Apple TV for 4 yrs now I have the Apple TV 3rd Gen and 4th Gen. My reason for switching to NVIDIA is because yung 4K movies ko is hindi na playable sa Apple TV. Based sa mga review Nvidia Shield Pro is the best 4k media player today. So I ordered online (Feb 4) and got it last Friday (Feb 17). The setup is very straight forward minus yung 2 times ka mag upgrade ng SHIELD Experience OS niya in 1 day.

Issues:

NVIDIA Shield Android TV flashing line – This is triggered when you switch-on refresh rate settings on PLEX & Kodi. I am using LG UH8500.

https://youtu.be/0_5Coi4StgM

Mounted NAS Shared Drive disappears after a reboot or restart.

Verdict

A bit pricey compare to other NMT but it is worth the buy. It can play almost anything you throw at it. From 1080p to 4k/60fps movies , 4k Youtube and also 4k Netflix. I used it for movies and tv series watching using PLEX and KODI. It is also a full Plex Media Server meaning you can run PLEX without any PC/NAS. It can transcode/decode any audio/video format you like as long as you are connected to a gigabit router or dual band wifi router.
    The unit is very heavy compare to the standard model and to my apple tv 4th gen maybe because it is the 500 GB model.

With NVIDIA Shield Pro , You're getting the most future proof set top box today that can play any media and the device is very fast considering the Processor is a NVIDIA Tegra X1 and RAM is 3GB.

-- edited by gian_koski on Feb 27 2017, 11:05 AM
  • ^Paps, anong gamit mo na Plex server, NAS o PC?

Ung default wifi/router ng globe broadband kaya ba mgstream ng 4k movie size like 60gb without lag o stuttering?

I was thinking of getting this one instead of Amlogic S912 Android TV
  • Yung Plex ko is naka install directly sa Nvidia Shield so Plex Media Server na rin like yung iniinstall sa PC. Never tried that kasi naka Gigabit Router/Dualband Router ako na TPLink AC1750. Flawless yon pag stream ng movies from 1080p to 4k movies. I tried the 40GB na movie walang stutter at lags.
  • @carlorules I was thinking of getting this one instead of Amlogic S912 Android TV

don't think, get it already! it is very worth it! at your name implies... nvidia rules
  • don't think, get it already! it is very worth it! at your name implies... nvidia rules

Malamang eto na nga, kukuha lang ako ng timing, magbabakasyon pa kasi kami ni wifey & kids this coming April. Pagbalik nalang cguro...

Yung Plex ko is naka install directly sa Nvidia Shield so Plex Media Server na rin like yung iniinstall sa PC. Never tried that kasi naka Gigabit Router/Dualband Router ako na TPLink AC1750. Flawless yon pag stream ng movies from 1080p to 4k movies. I tried the 40GB na movie walang stutter at lags.

PC lang kasi option ko paps for Plex server, nasa HT room ito located. Ung planned Nvidia shield ay para sa 4k tv nasa living room (gusto ko kasi malinis tingnan, TV at box lang ang makikita). Ano nga pala required speed ng wifi/router for Plex 4k movie streaming?