Forum Topic

Nvidia Shield TV owners thread

• ^ wala na sa lazada yung exact model, typing "air mouse" brings about several generic models. the item i purchased before was also generic. just pick one that is available locally and has many positive ratings
  • mukang maw ok nga 16gb kasi walang mag oover heat na hdd.hmmm mini minimo hehe
  • Sir o00adonis00o, going back to your air mouse na wireless keyboad with mouse, anong battery nya? AA or AAA or Lithium rechargeable?
  • ^ lithium rechargeable yung pang Nokia phone bl-5c
  • anyone tried using androit tv remote control for NSTVM
  • anyone tried using androit tv remote control for NSTVM

if you mean the included remote in a television set where the nnvidia shield is attached then yes, the remote of my lg oled tv 55b6p also works but limited to up,down,left,select and back
  • i meant using android phone or tablet as remote

sorry kulang ng adroid app :)

-- edited by xxWoLFxx on Jun 02 2017, 02:08 PM
  • Hehehe..

TEkken 7 on Nvidia Shield TV
  • New Shield Experience 5.2 upgrade is now available
    We have started publicly rolling out the upgrade to SHIELD TVs. With this update we are adding many exciting new features, including

1. Support for Dual USB tuners for PLEX DVR with Live TV.
    Learn more at http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4227/~/plex-dvr-and-shield-tv
    2. Record DVR shows to Network Attached Storage (NAS)
    3. Cast 4K YouTube and Netflix video to your SHIELD. 4K cast available on additional apps based on region.

New games and apps are now available, including realMYST for your Android TV, Marvel Heroes streamed from GeForce Now, or the new Facebook video app.

<click here for link>

-- edited by o00adonis00o on Jun 10 2017, 11:00 AM
  • Hehehe..

TEkken 7 on Nvidia Shield TV

Yup tekken 7 on nvidia shield tv is truly amazing!

• Too bad I don't have a pic or video.. hehehe
  • Mga sir, yung TEkken 7 on our Nvidia Shield TV, is that part of nvidia games? downloadable sa play store? how much, if not free? Sorry, I do not time to check this on my own since I only have time during weekends and I only notice this Tekken 7 now....
  • ^ it is not part of nvidia games, it is purchased on steam and installed on my pc and streamed from my nvidia Gtx 1080 videocard
  • Sir @o00adonis00o, since my Nvidia Shield TV has wifi issues, I want to consider this if it is a possible solution.

I have a Tenda AH302 range extender, which get wifi signal from my Asus Router (RT N18u). Can I use the LAN port of the Tenda to connect to the LAN port of the Nvidia Shield TV? I hope I get myself clear since I am not quite familiar with networking....
  • ^ supposed to be yes you can, but onluly if the built in firmware of the tenda allows it, I have used before a range extender from cdr king with that function, but really the speed would be cut in half because there is still wireless transmission involved, I suggest you look at powerline adaptors for your network problem
  • Sir @o00adonis00o, can you suggest to me an app what works like Pluto TV, which some TV IP channels embeded already (I believe) that is also free.... TIA
  • Mga sir,

My kids has Steam account and Steam games, I read somewhere that pwede to mag-game streaming to our NVSTV. But how? any tutorial....

I will be using a laptop na i5 processor, 4gig ram, and an Nvidia GF na 940mx 2gig.... pwede kaya ito?

What about overwatch, which my kid is currently playing. is there a way na NVSTV parin nya maglaro?
  • Mga sir,

My kids has Steam account and Steam games, I read somewhere that pwede to mag-game streaming to our NVSTV. But how? any tutorial....

I will be using a laptop na i5 processor, 4gig ram, and an Nvidia GF na 940mx 2gig.... pwede kaya ito?

What about overwatch, which my kid is currently playing. is there a way na NVSTV parin nya maglaro?

yes puwedeng puwede ang answer sa lahat ng question mo.

follow the tutorials here <click here for link>
    and here <click here for link>
    Sir @o00adonis00o, can you suggest to me an app what works like Pluto TV, which some TV IP channels embeded already (I believe) that is also free.... TIA

try sideloading mobdro apk, you would need to use sideload launcher to access its icon after installation

-- edited by o00adonis00o on Jul 06 2017, 04:13 PM
  • Sir, sa MiBox 3 (Xiaomi International version) there are apps na pwede and in fact pre-installed like Sling, Pandora, Vudu, Hulu, yet not available sa NVSTV, bakit ganon? Diba they are of the same class- Android TV Setup Box?
  • ^ nvidia shield tv is intended for US regional use and has restrictions when used outside the country, try turning of geo-location in settings, that is what i did to bring out the amazon video app in the dashboard. other apps like pandora, vudu, etc. may need to be added manually by sideloading if it is not in the dashboard or in google store, that is what i did on mine
  • Sa mga wala pa shield tv, naka sale sya now sa Amazon Prime day deal $180 lang

• Sir, when you say "turning off geo-location in settings" is that the location settings? or meron pang iba....
  • ^ yes that is it
  • Auto volt po ba ang Nvidia shield? Thanks
  • ^ yes
  • Sir @o00adonis00o, I am on wired internet connection, how can I input dns directly sa Nvidia shield? I have getflix account.Thanks
  • ^ see this
    <click here for link>
    Yes, I've done this with ethernet and wifi and it works great. You just have to go into the advanced settings, change it from DHCP to Static and follow the steps to enter in IP/DNS etc.
  • New owner here :) really excited to configure the shield but alas greeted with update screen lol

He will be proudly joining the ranks :D

• ^ congratulations on your new shield tv
  • Talk to me Jarvis!

(hopefully one day once it's updated with google assistant :])