Forum Topic

Android TV Box Thread (*OT posts will be deleted)

• Thanks sa info sir @blackAnt, another question, anong group sa FB yung PHTE, d ko po ma-search
  • May nakapag-try na po ba sa inyo mag-sideload ng iwant app sa firestick? I tried doing it but hindi ko mapagana ng maayos yung iwant when installed. Thanks sirs.
  • FYI, Xiaomi just released Android Pie 9.0 for the Mi box S.
    For beta users on the latest Beta3 Pie rom Build 2231 this should the same as the public release and there will be no notifications to upgrade your rom.
  • Just upgraded my MiBox S to Android 9.0. It now comes with Prime Video. At last, I can now watch it natively without having to cast it. I'm having issues though with my bluetooth headphone even though it was already paired previously, it keeps disconnecting & stays disconnected the next time I use it again. I had to pair it over & over each time I use it again.
  • Yan ang issue sa Pie update. Bluetooth issues.
  • Yung mga issues ko na-encouter sa update nawala lahat nung nag factory reset ako. Ngayon flawless na ang gamit ko.
  • May nakaexperience ba dito ng frequent wifi disconnect after ng pie upgrade sa mibox s? Kabadtrip, bigla na lang hihinto yun streaming then pag check mo disconnected yun wifi tapos hindi nagautoconnect. Minsan every 10mins. Minsan naman after 1hr.
  • May nakapag-try na po ba sa inyo mag-sideload ng iwant app sa firestick? I tried doing it but hindi ko mapagana ng maayos yung iwant when installed. Thanks sirs.

Napagana ko on sony bravia android tv lollipop OS kaso old version ng iwant lang nagwork and mahirap gamitin coz of disorientation specially on full screen. Kapag free subscription pa, disturbing din yun advertisements that messes up its scaling.
  • Sorry no time to backread, but what controller are you using for your installed games connected to your Android TV/TV Box?
    Thank you very much.

Na try ko sya dati more than a year ago pero for iflix. Gumana naman sya just followed the instructions via googe searches.
  • Anong pong recommended nyo na android tv box sa mga old model lcd tv? Thank you!
  • San po nakakabili ng remote ng mi box s? Nawala kasi... And ano po compatible remote sa kanya yun pati pag turn on gagana.. Ir ba or bluetooth ang gamit ni mibox s pag turn on?

Another question po. Balak ko bumili ng MXQ Pro 4k as extra tv box para sa ibang tv nmin, ok ba mxq pro 4k or please recommend better alternatives at that price range 600php to 1k. Thanks po
  • You can use the Android TV app to control your MiBox while you're still looking for a remote to buy (marami sa Shopee and Lazada).
  • Hi, bago lang ako in terms of streaming devices. Recently lang din namin pinaputol yung cable subscription namin for Netflix since smart TV na yung tv namin sa wakas. Pero puro Netflix lang Yung m relevant sa tv namin kaya balak kong bumili ng streaming devices. Since globe subscriber ako, I'm choosing between globe streamwatch and Android TV para idagdag nalang aa monthly bill ko.

Looking around sa forums at sa Google yung streamwatch daw ng globe is locked which means Di pwedeng installan ng apps. Ganun din ba sa mi box s nila? Gusto ko lang naman magka access ulit kami sa local live channels for news and sports, mainly para lang sa parents ko. Not sure kung possible yun with either device, so I need to hear your thoughts. I know nasa android tv na forum ako so I expect some slight bias but any kind of opinion is welcome.
  • @melmediona
    Don't go with the Roku Globe Streamwatch I've had it before because Globe was giving it away for free last Xmas 2018. Its okay if you only use it for youtube, netflix, hooq and FOX+. You have an option to install other Roku Channels but the list is very limited.
    FYI, It was being sold last 2018 for 999+ or 50/month for 24 months. Ngayon parang biglan tumaas to 2.5k.
    If you really want a Roku then I suggest getting a proper Roku Streaming stick instead.
    For the Mibox S that came from Globe it's not locked. It's the same as the ones you can buy from the Mi Stores and online.
  • @melmediona...

Your best options...
  • Does it mean ba na yung mga capabilities ng globe streamwatch is to some extent magagawa din ng mi box s? May way ba sa mi box s para maka nood ng live local channels? Especially news saka sports like nba and ufc.
  • Does it mean ba na yung mga capabilities ng globe streamwatch is to some extent magagawa din ng mi box s? May way ba sa mi box s para maka nood ng live local channels? Especially news saka sports like nba and ufc.

Yes, almost all the apps available with the Globe Streamwatch is also available for the mibox S and much more. If you need live local channels you can purchase a separate ISDB-T dongle like the ones being used here. <click here for link>
    The MyGica PadTV Dongle is available at Lazada <click here for link> and it works with the native Live Channels app that came with Android TV.
    Another option is to sideload third party TV apps but there are times these apps are not reliable, slow or local channels are down.
    For NBA and UFC there are paid iptv services to stream them live sometime there are free ones.
  • @unimodem

Thanks for the feedback. Anong pinagkibahan nung dalwang link na sinuggest mo? Haha sorry feeling ko ang noob ng tanong.
  • Anong pinagkibahan nung dalwang link na sinuggest mo? Haha sorry feeling ko ang noob ng tanong.

@melmediona
    On the first link i was just showing you that you can add an external USB tuner with the mibox s.
    second link is where to get the USB tuner in case you want to get one.
  • Just a question... pwedi ba magsideload ng VPN app sa mi box (or any other android box) para makapanood ng geolock apps like Hulu or Netflix US? Is this possible?
  • Hindi need ng sideload boss kasi lumalabas naman sa playstore yung apps like expressvpn sa Mibox.
  • melmediona on 22 Jan 20 @ 04:10 PM #

Does it mean ba na yung mga capabilities ng globe streamwatch is to some extent magagawa din ng mi box s? May way ba sa mi box s para maka nood ng live local channels? Especially news saka sports like nba and ufc.

TVPlus GO
  • Hindi need ng sideload boss kasi lumalabas naman sa playstore yung apps like expressvpn sa Mibox.

Just to follow up on this, so mga VPN apps works perfectly sa MiBox? Anybody may experience using VPN?
    Please share. Thanks.
  • Just to follow up on this, so mga VPN apps works perfectly sa MiBox? Anybody may experience using VPN?
    Please share. Thanks.

Yes, VPN works perfectly fine with the Mibox. I tried several VPN providers over the past few years like VPN Unlimited, Nord VPN, ExpressVPN and Windscribe and they all worked fine. All those VPN providers I mentioned have apps made for Android TV OS so navigating thru the app via the remote will be very easy.
    I also suggest looking at smart DNS services like Getflix, SmartDNS proxy, Unlocator and others. So far, I've settled down with Getflix with a lifetime account.
  • Ayun just got my mi box 4s via add on sa globe subscription ko. Any tips on what to install and general tips for a newbie para ma fully utilize ko to? Thanks.
  • Post deleted #12279212
  • @all

Anyone encounter yung issue with Mi Box S or MiBox 4 na di mahanap ang particular na Wi-Fi router?
    Reset the router countless of times, parang invisible yung broadcast ng router at di siya mahanap, which is weird.
    Updated already the OS nung Mi Box and using Sky internet rin pala.
  • Okay na ba ang update ng Mi Box 4?
  • Anyone encounter yung issue with Mi Box S or MiBox 4 na di mahanap ang particular na Wi-Fi router?

Are you trying to connect to 2.4ghz band? Try to access the wireless settings ng router mo. Under wireless channel if it's on auto set it manually to 1, 6 or 11. Better use these three channels since non overlapping sila. Also set the Channel bandwidth to 20Mhz. Mas better if you download a wifi analyzer app on your Android phone para ma check if ano pinaka least congested channel between 1, 6, and 11.