Forum Topic

GTX 1050 vs GTX 960+GTX750 TI

• Hi,

Noob here. Ask ko lang:

1. Possible ba i-configure nang naka-SLI ang GTX 960 and GTX 750 Ti?

2. Kung yes, mas maganda ba ung SLI combination nila versus single GTX 1050?

Please help :D

Thanks!
  • ^

Nope, sli won't be possible.
  • Copy sir :D so mas maganda ung gtx 1050 na lang? sayang kasi ung gtx750 ti ko, ung ibang games di ko na ma-high settings
  • get the gtx 1060.
  • Mas maganda padin Single Powerfull GPU than Combining 2 weaker GPU maganda sya tignan pero iba padin ang single gpu lalo na sa efficiency saka may mag game din kase di supported yang multi gpu config
  • Copy sir :D so mas maganda ung gtx 1050 na lang? sayang kasi ung gtx750 ti ko, ung ibang games di ko na ma-high settings

1) You can't SLI those two.

2) Don't bother with SLI'ing two weak cards, and don't bother with the GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti. Just jump straight to the RX 470 4GB, or GTX 1060 6GB if your budget allows it.

The RX 470 4GB is so much faster than the GTX 1050 Ti for only a little more. Starts at 9,700 Php.

• unang una, walang sli connector ang 750ti so impossible talaga yun.

i currently have a gtx 750ti(daughter), 960(son), and 1060(me)...

and the 1060 is light years faster! kahit yung 3gb pwde na!

imo, overhyped and over priced yung 1050 and 1050ti...

they are supposed to be budget friendly entry level cards but are priced to high relative to their performance. konti na lang, u can go up a tier higher!

-- edited by dino on Dec 03 2016, 10:36 PM
  • RX 470 4GB is this compatible or supported by Asus H81MV PLUS mobo?

and also gtx 1060 ?

Thank you!
  • RX 470 4GB is this compatible or supported by Asus H81MV PLUS mobo?

and also gtx 1060 ?

Thank you!

Of course. Whatever you do, just don't get the GTX 1050 or 1050 Ti. They're both garbage for the price. They're only useful if your power supply does not have a 6-pin molex connector. And even then, you're still better off upgrading your power supply too since the GTX 1050 and 1050 Ti are terrible value.

Also, avoid the GTX 1060 3GB. There are some new games that have trouble running ultra settings on it because 3GB of VRAM isn't enough. Bottleneck basically. Just see the example below and notice the big gap between the GTX 1060 3GB and 6GB variants:

Get the RX470 4GB at the very least. If you can increase your budget a bit more, it's a coin toss between the GTX 1060 6GB and RX480 8GB, although I lean slightly towards the GTX 1060 6GB since it's a bit cheaper. Like the Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Mini which starts at only 12.3K Php while the cheapest RX480 8GB models start at nearly 14K, with the exception of the HIS RX480 Roaring OC 8GB from Easy PC which is just 12.8K Php. But it's always out of stock anyway since mabenta nga.

-- edited by MrSmithX2000 on Dec 04 2016, 03:18 AM
  • Also, avoid the GTX 1060 3GB.

You're Welcome.
  • Yo. Ang best value for the money ngayon ung mga 2nd hand na 280x kumakatok na sa performance ng Gtx970 ung mga un mabibili mo 5.5k ung mga un d2 sa tpc. Keep in mind ung r9 280 ay kaparehas lng ng hd7950 at ung r9 280x ay kaparehas lng nang hd7970. Just giving u options.
  • given the price of GTX 1050 here in Philippines, mahal talaga, or infact, its freakin overpriced for god sake.

I can actually buy this card off directly from manufacturer via amazon at the same price of local store price of GTX 750ti 2gb here in Philippines. Insane prices here in Philippines as usual, kaya hindi malayo mamatay na mga local stores dito sa pinas at pinapalitan na ng online shopping, by statistics, nasa 30% na yung mga total sales were done online now.
  • You're Welcome.

What's your point? I'm right. The GTX 1060 3GB is crap. The 3GB of VRAM bottlenecks it. Just look at the results below of the GTX 1060 3GB which is obviously bottlenecking. The RX 470 4GB, for the same price, is slightly more futureproof and is actually faster in newer games.

You're welcome.

And you'll encounter problems like <click here for link> on newer games that demand A LOT of VRAM, where "ultra doesn't really mean ultra settings" and it depends on how much VRAM you have. Blame the PS4 and Xbox One for having nearly 6GB of addressable VRAM from their 8GB RAM pool. The PS4 and Xbox One dictate game engine development trends.

Quoting TechSpot's article I linked above:
    "Something I noticed when testing many GPUs was the difference in image quality, despite the settings remaining the same. Forcing the settings to ultra, there were still distinct differences between the 3GB and 6GB versions of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1060 for example."

• 960 nlng kunin mo mura pa ka performance pa ng 1050ti
  • It's not NVIDIA's fault if the price of the 10 series cards are unbelieveably high. You should blame the manufacturer who sold them. NVIDIA has told in the announcement that these cards will be priced low.
  • Kung anong kayang bilhin ng budget mo yun ang bilhin mo. Kung pang 1050ti ka lang, tapos sasabihin ng iba dito na kumuha ka ng mas high end. Pag may pambili ka na ng high end, sasabihin ng mga yan kunin mo yung mas higher end pa lalo. Hahaha. Ipon ka ng ipon hindi ka na nakabili.

Anyway, GTX 1050TI lang pala gamit ko. Super enjoy naman sa mga 2016 games. Gusto ko rin yung mas malalalas pa na graphics card, kaso kung playable naman sa 1050ti, why not. Yung sobra ko ibinili ko na lang ng stocks. Wehehe.

-- edited by venerzky on Dec 04 2016, 08:44 PM
  • kabibili ko lang ng Zotac 1050ti OC 4GB now. Pamalit sa namatay ko na Sapphire R9 280x Dual X 3GB. Kahit medyo mahal ang 1050ti... bawi ka naman sa tipid sa kuryente. Power hungry kasi ang 280x eh... malaki lagi bill ko sa past 4 years. :(
  • hindi po ba supported talaga ng gtx1050 ang mga analog monitors?
  • 1070 di mo na iisipin.
  • Vulkan is the future.
    Get the RX series.
  • Good luck na lang sa pag-avail ng RX 470, 480, 570 and 580 cards! Inubos kasi ng mga Ethereum miners eh! Pati GTX 1070 inubos din nila. IMHO, kung kaya niyo maghintay ng at least hanggang latter half ng July or pag nagrelease ng miner-centric na GPUs, makakamura kayo or at least di kayo mafo-force bumili ng overpriced GPUs.
  • and never buy cards from miners.
    I guess you could pag 2k or 3k ganun.
    tsaka meet up