Forum Topic

Amisites and other browser hijackers

• Anybody here encountering the extremely annoying "Amisites" and other browser hijackers? I installed the ad remover by TSA, but the hijackers still manage to return. Any long-term solutions will be deeply and highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  • I tried searching google and youtube for solutions, at pare pareho lang halos, reset browser to defaults, uninstall unwanted or suspicious apps, registry editor, etc...still failed. I ended up formatting my PC..huhu
  • @dinanski123

As much as possible, I don't want to reformat my pc. I guess I'll just keep on removing those hijackers manually everytime they flare up.
  • Uninstall all suspiscious programs then edit settings sa browser para di na siya yung maging search engine niyo... then edit yung shortcut ng browser kasi redirected parin yun sa mokong na sites nayun...

Once ko lang na encounter yun sa laptop ng kapatid ko...
  • Adbock plus avast tanggal yan and use firefox for simplicity
  • I encountered this on one of customers computer. All I did is run a malwarebytes to remove all the junk, uninstall the internet browsers (chome/firefox) and install it again. Boom, problem solved.
  • <click here for link>
    I use rkill, junkware removal tool, adwcleaner and combofix from bleepingcomputer.com to remove browser hijackers. Also, hitman pro, kaspersky's virus removal tool, emisoft emergency kit and malwarebytes.

-- edited by gtgonzales on Jan 24 2017, 01:40 PM
  • As far as I know, Amisites is a browser hijacker that pretend to be a legitimate search website. To completely remove this browser hijacker, you have to clean all its traces from your PC. Removing its website URL from your web browser, cleaning the browsers' shortcuts, delete its related files, registry entries or programs. Here are the detailed guide <click here for link> to remove Amisites. Hope it will help you!
  • Which browser are you using?
    This is a browser hijacker like <click here for link>
    Let's try the automated way of dealing with this first.. if that doesn't work we will remove some deep registry keys.

Try completely uninstalling all parts of Chrome and then reinstall...

Before proceeding.. make a backup of your Registry..
    Press the Windows key + R, type regedit.exe and press Enter
    Click on "My Computer" then click "File" and then "Export". Then "File" then "Exit".

Use Task Manager to "Kill" all instances of Chrome.exe...

Note: Make sure you have another browser on your computer (i.e. FireFox) that works.
    Try completely removing all parts of Chrome with Spyhunter 4 (run it in Windows Safe Mode and do the scan several times to make sure) ... then reinstall Chrome Stable.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/