Forum Topic

Movie Spoiler Thread

• Or it is all in her mind. Remember after the incident, she was seen as an outcast. Living in a small town, parang lahat masama na tingin sa kanya. So pwede isipin or interpret na lahat ng nangyari is her way of coping. Nasa isip lang nya. Kasi yong ending is pabor sa kanya na sya lang spared ng aliens and sa huli eh naging kasundo nya yung mga tao. So pwede isipin na gawa gawa nya lang ang lahat.
  • ^ ayun pwede. kaya nga e , apaka mind f*k tlaga itong movie, pero nagustuhan ko.

thanks sir keith_orbit & deadmanwade!
  • ang sarili kong pagkakaintindi sa movie na yan ay kung bakit hindi sya kinuha ng aliens ay nakita nila yung backstory ni brynn yung pagkamatay ng BFF nya is hindi nya sinasadya and pinagsisihan nya talaga yun at iniyakan pa nya including the people that surrounds her na hindi sya gusto kaya binigyan ng chance si brynn na magkaroon masayang buhay living with others people kaya yung ending meron mga flying saucers siguro kontrolado nila ang bawat tao.

mindfuck movies are fun to watch maghahanap ka talaga ng mga sagot bawat scenes :)

-- edited by BangBros on Sep 28 2023, 01:17 AM
  • Gran Turismo

yung lumipad kotse nya, dapat ba yung road na yun nag menor ba sya? though parang di naman mag menor yung nasa unahan nya. Thanks s mga racing gurus!

Flatout yung Flugplatz pero may tendency talaga magtake off yung oto dun. One of the few corners you want to survive a lap
  • Napa wtf ako sa ending ng No one will save you. Parang aliens parin kasi yung mga tao na kasama ni brynn, meron pa rin sa leeg nila yung nilalagay ng mga aliens. Haha
  • REBEL MOON

My dislike for Snyder is quite known in this community but tbh, I also want him to succeed in his craft coz he can produce stunning visuals. And also I don't want to sound like a hater. But time and time again, Snyder proves that conceptualizing and writing arent his strong suit. Each time he creates fresh ideas, it appears that the outcome only caters to his cult. Rebel Moon is another ambitious film that only his fans will appreciate.

Anyway every time there's a movie worth watching, I see to it that I limit myself from reading articles about the movie and I really avoid watching trailers coz part of the experience for me is to witness the events unfold for the first time. So since I still care about Snyder, I avoided knowing about his new project Rebel Moon. In my mind, this is going to be big and epic in scale. And it could rival George Lucas' Star Wars. But I was totally wrong.

It was clear to me that this was a rip-off of Akira Kurosawa's 7 Samurai. Though AK's movie had been retold several times in the past, I did not expect Snyder to make a copy out of it. Star Wars took inspiration from 7 Samurai but iy t deviated from the source when it introduced the concept of the Force. Snyder's attempt on the other hand felt poor and lazy. I shouldn't have expected much from Snyder's writing prowess or the lack of it, but as I was saying Im trying to prove that I am not a hater by giving him the benefit of the doubt. But for the nth time he has proven that writing and conceptualizing are his kryptonite. So yeah when it all became clear to me that this is just a rip-off of 7 Samurai, I kinda lost my interest as I have been oriented with the plot several times. It offered nothing new and nothing to rave about. In addition, the costumes were rather off. I thought this was a cyberpunk version but one character who wore a tie really threw me off. So yeah it is obvious by now that I was unimpressed again with Snyder. What's worse, there's going to be a 2nd part next year.

2.5/5
  • ^ awesome excerpts only from sir deadmanwade. will check out 7 Samurai, haven't really watched it in a very, very long time.

Sabi ko na yung mga slow mo cinematic moves could only be a Snyder effect of the movie.
  • parang wala atang tv series spolier thread, ask ko lang dito since connected sa movie somehow if ever.

yung tv series na Monarch: Legacy of Monsters ba, parang connected ba sa Pacific Rim movie?

kasi parang may portal thingy e.

same creators?

TIA mga masters!
  • My dislike for Snyder

...any good movies ni snyder? aside sa mga super heroes?
  • 300 is good but di nya original story or concept, ke Frank Miller yon.

Dawn of the Dead was okay nung pinanood ko nung college ako. Not sure if maganda ba sya panoorin ngayon.

So far eto lang ang nagandahan ako. The rest especially DC films nya ay so-so lang. Yung mga original concept naman nya like Sucker Punch, Army of the Dead, at eto Rebel Moon, di ko gusto. Di talaga magaling na writer si Snyder.
  • Sucker Punch, Army of the Dead

ahh sakanya pala originally to
  • Dune Part 2

I'm usually a book purist but I have to admit the Dune books always had parts that will be very difficult to translate to a live action medium. Villenueve managed to do some smart changes of his own while keeping the essence and the message of the books intact.

Things I liked:

- Denis Villenueve underlining Frank Herbert's warning about charismatic leaders and the fanaticism surrounding them. This was lightly touched in the first book but is the front and center subject of both Dune Messiah and Children of Dune. As a fan, I believe Villenueve just can't wait to get to Messiah so he brought some of it to this movie to tell the audience that; no, these are not the "good guys".

- I was cautiously optimistic when Timothy Chalameet was first announced to be Paul Atreides. Back then I though he did not exude the interplanetary cult leader aura that could start a jihad and kill billions of people across the universe, but boy was I wrong! He made me afraid of the fate of the in-universe characters after his eyes turned blue. Dude made the character all his own.

- Rebecca Ferguson's version of Jessica is waaay more sinister here VS the first book. This change added more to the character which was awesome.

- The choice to not have a significantly longer time jump and therefore not show child Alia running around stabbing dudes was a smart one. Also, having Jessica talk to her pre born daughter instead was *chef's kiss

- Javier Bardem's Stilgar just leapt right off the pages of the book. Can't wait to see more of him in the future.

- Changing Chani's character as a skeptic instead of being a blind follower of Paul was a bold choice and I can see this will be controversial to book fans. Zendaya's version is a vast improvement over the book.

- Again same as Part 1, the sense of scale of everything is just insane. This movie should be seen in the biggest screen available to you.

Things I didn't like:

- This is just a small thing but when Jessica suggested to Paul that he drink the water of life. In the book, he drank it without anyone knowing and when her mother found out she was freaking out.

- I'm still having trouble reconciling with the ending. In the book, Paul made it clear to everyone that he will marry Irulan but will never have her children nor will he show her any affection; those were exclusive only to Chani.

- The movie is nearly 3 hours, but I still think it needed a few more minutes (I just want more Dune)

Denis Villeneuve understood the assignment, very well done. I'd like to see him do Dune Messiah and Children of Dune someday :D

Rating: 9/10

-- edited by logan024 on Mar 02 2024, 03:39 AM
  • The Outfit

yung sa huli na pinakita nya tatoo nya, legit notorious gang ba yun sa UK? diko ma-arok mga tattoo nya parang animals lang.

naalala ko si John Wick parang nagretire kuno at iba na pinagkaka-abalahan