Forum Topic

Ryzen, AMD's new and better return to the consumer CPU world!

• YD1600BBAFBOX
    YD1600BBM6IAF

sana makarating to dito

-- edited by DerFuHRER on Jan 10 2020, 09:37 AM
  • Ryzen 9 3900X and B450 chipset... on a laptop :-)

• ^grabe solid pang workstation
  • Saraaaapppp!
  • yung sticker tlga nagdala e
  • Post deleted #12279633
  • may Ryzen R5 1600 AF na ba sa market natin?
    or wala sila balak release dito?

-- edited by ortigasboy123 on Jan 28 2020, 10:31 AM
  • may Ryzen R5 1600 AF na ba sa market natin? Or wala sila balak release dito?

So far wala pa ako nakikita... Pero hindi narin malayo ang price ng Ryzen 5 2600 at Php 6,250.

Sooner or later mag drop din yung price ng Ryzen 5 2600 to below Php 6K and halos ka price narin ng Ryzen 5 1600 AF.
  • Available kay Eggnog yung Ryzen 5 1600 AF. Nagtaas yung pricing nila before 95 usd. Ngayon 120 usd na kasama shipping. Parang hindi na worth it kung ganyan yung price. Mas okay na yung Ryzen 2600. Item#: 274-003V-00043. Search nyo nalang.
  • any idea how to adjust latency for ryzen 7
    I have 2 sticks of micron and 2 sticks of kingston both 2666 but different latency
    BIOS detects it as 32gig (4x8gig)
    but windows only detects 16gig. already updated official OS
    any suggestion is highly appreciated. BTW my mobo is a gigabyte b450 with f50 bios (latest)
    TYIA.
  • @nabannanaman

Most B450 motherboards are not ideal for 4x8GB memory configuration because the DIMM slots are wired using daisy chain topology. So having all 4 memory slots occupied will make it difficult to run higher memory speeds. If you plan to use all 4 memory slots an X470 or X570 motherboard is usually the better option.

Try running all sticks at DDR4-2133 speed first and see if they are detected in Windows. If all 4 memory sticks are detected, then try increasing the speed to DDR4-2400.

It will also help if you set the memory timings to be the same for all 4 memory sticks. Download and install Thaiphoon Burner so you can view the timings and sub-timings of the Kingston and Micron sticks. Then copy the slower timings and apply it to all four memory sticks. Unfortunately you have to manually set the timings and sub-timings within the BIOS which can be tricky and can involve lots of trial-and-error. Even then I'm not sure it will be stable.

Unfortunately there is no easy solution for that setup. The IMC of Ryzen is finicky with memory, and mixing memory sticks that are using different chips with different timings will just make it more difficult. My suggestion is sell your memory and buy a 2x16GB memory kit that is compatible with your Ryzen CPU and motherboard.
  • Thanks @sleepygeepy
    yeah I agree on your suggestion. Definitely planning to get a 2x16gig kit if I got my modules sold. Any suggestions of ram that my fit my set, the most possible higher speed and model so that I will not get lost.
    Once again thanks sleepygeepy
  • @nabannanaman
    Any suggestions of ram that my fit my set, the most possible higher speed and model so that I will not get lost.

I'm not sure what exact Ryzen 7 processor or Gigabyte B450 motherboard you are using, but take a look at these memory kits:

Php 8,900 = T-Force Delta TUF Gaming RGB DDR4-3200 2x16GB (TF9D432G3200HC16CDC01)
    Php 9,500 = G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4-3200 2x16GB (F4-3200C16D-32GTZRX)
    Php 9,800 = G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3200 2x16GB (F4-3200C16D-32GTZN)
    Php 9,900 = G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 2x16GB (F4-3600C18D-32GTZN)

The G.Skill Trident Z RGB kits with model number ending in GTZRX are AMD compatible, while the newer Trident Z Neo kits are compatible with both AMD and Intel setups. T-Force Delta TUF / Delta RGB also has good compatibility with Ryzen and AM4 motherboards.

If you can share what exact Ryzen 7 processor you are using and the exact model of Gigabyte B450 motherboard, we can look at the QVL and see if other memory kits are compatible.
  • @sleepygeepy
    Gigabyte B450M DS3H with Ryzen 2700
  • @nabannanaman
    Gigabyte B450M DS3H with Ryzen 2700

I checked the QVL of the motherboard and there are not many memory options available. These are the 32GB memory kits that I see on that list:

Tested for DDR4-3000
    - HyperX 16GB 2Rx8 HX430C15PB3K2/32
    - CORSAIR 16GB 2Rx8 CMU32GX4M2C3000C15R
    - CORSAIR 16GB 2Rx8 CMU32GX4M2C3000C15
    - CORSAIR 16GB 2Rx8 CMR32GX4M2C3000C15 ver4.31

Unfortunately the Gigabyte B450M DS3H does not have great memory compatibility, so you can expect memory speeds of DDR4-3000 and below. It also depends on how good the quality of your processor's IMC and silicon lottery applies.

Since nothing is guaranteed, go for an affordable DDR4-3200 32GB kit with CL16 timings. Then try to make it run as fast as possible (while remaining stable) by tweaking the voltages and timings. You can use the Ryzen DRAM Calculator tool to input the recommended timings and voltages.

Ryzen DRAM Calculator
    https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/

AMD Ryzen Memory Tweaking & Overclocking Guide
    https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-memory-tweaking-overclocking-guide/

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Feb 12 2020, 02:35 AM
  • @sleepygeepy
    Thank you so much for the help. I highly appreciate that one.
  • Post deleted #12282498

• Skip to 14:15 you're welcome :-)

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Feb 18 2020, 11:55 PM
  • ^
    Wow! thank you!
  • Ok sana yan Gigabyte B450M DS3H for the price pero...

Ingat pag 2.5-triple slot cooling ng GPU mo.
  • @BCFreeman

Yung common problem ng Gigabyte B450M DS3H is very long videocards can cover the SATA ports... So ideally gagamit ka ng shorter / more compact videocards and avoid the triple-fan versions. Or gagamit ka ng 90-degree SATA port connectors like the ones from Silverstone.

But even with a 2.5-slot videocard may space / allowance pa naman sa lower edge ng board to attach the bulky USB cable and other connectors.

Yung motherboard na nasa pic mo is not a Gigabyte B450M DS3H right? Looks like an ASUS ROG motherboard since may LED readout and start / reset buttons.
  • It’s a z87-gd65 mobo. The gpu is at the 2nd pcie x16. Ganyan ang estimate ko kung ilalagy ko gpu ko sa b450m ds3h.
  • @BCFreeman

Pwede ka din mag MSI B450M PRO-VDH Max para mas mataas ang position ng primary PCIe slot. Price-wise konti nalang din ang difference sa Gigabyte B450M DS3H, parang nasa Php 110 lang more expensive si MSI.

Yung downside ng MSI is yung M.2 slot mo will be covered by the videocard so potentially pwede mag overheat ang M.2 SSD. Another thing is yung videocard is positioned closer to the CPU socket so may chance na yung ibang CPU aircooler tumama sa backplate ng videocard, especially kung hindi offset ang design. Not to mention dikit narin ang videocard backplate sa memory slots.

With the Gigabyte B450M DS3H, I would try to look for a Micro-ATX case with 5 PCI slots sa likod para may extra breathing space ang thick videocards. Problem lang medyo rare ngayon mga Micro-ATX case with 5 PCI slots... but an alternative is to look for Micro-ATX case na may vents or holes yung PSU shroud or better siguro kung walang PSU shroud para mas maluwag.
  • Skipping entry level mobos. MSI B450M Mortar Max I think is the best bang for the buck, or maybe the B550 if I want pcie 4 support.
  • X370 Taichi users

Nag-upgrade na ba kayo to Ryzen 3rd Gen? Darating na 3700x ko bukas and updated narin x370 bios.

May issues ba kahit x370 boards gamitin?
  • @geloloco

Hindi ko pa na try, I'm still on first gen Ryzen hehe... pero alam ko wala naman issue. Here are some tips sana makatulong...

Suggestion ko is only flash your motherboard BIOS up to v5.10 until ready ka na mag-change ng processor. Kasi beyond v5.10 hindi ka na pwede mag flash to an older BIOS version, so no turning back.

Before flashing your BIOS set all BIOS / UEFI settings to defaults muna, save the settings, then let the PC boot to Windows naturally. Once nag-boot na siya to Windows at mukhang walang issue, then you can shutdown cleanly and flash to a newer BIOS version.

When flashing from one BIOS version to the next, always boot to Windows first then shutdown normally. Huwag ka mag flash ng BIOS version one after another without booting to Windows.
  • @sleepygeepy

Maraming salamat papi and will take note of that about flashing bios.
  • Mga sir, pahelp nman po magdecide between AMD Ryzen 3 2200 vs Intel core i3 9100. Ano po mas marerecommend nyo for home and gaming use. Pros and cons as well. Answers are deeply appreciated!
  • @gothicsakura
    Mga sir, pahelp nman po magdecide between AMD Ryzen 3 2200 vs Intel core i3 9100. Ano po mas marerecommend nyo for home and gaming use. Pros and cons as well. Answers are deeply appreciated!

Mas maganda kung share mo yung details ng PC mo sir at kung plan mo mag-upgrade or kung bubuoin mo palang. Also share mo narin yung budget mo sir baka may better option available.

Kung hindi ka gagamit ng dedicated videocard, then definitely go with the Ryzen 3 2200G. Mas maganda ang built-in GPU ng Ryzen 3 2200G and capable na siya of playing 3D games at low resolutions tulad ng 720p.

Kung may videocard ka na and naghahanap lang processor na pwede i-pair sa kaniya, both Core i3-9100 or Ryzen 3 2200G are fine. Depending on the videocard, possible na mas maganda ang performance ng Core i3-9100 sa games kasi mataas ang clock speeds niya compared to the Ryzen 3 2200G.

Pero kung may videocard ka na, and gagastos lang din ng Php 6K for the processor... skip the Core i3-9100 and Ryzen 3 2200G and go straight to Ryzen 5 2600.