Forum Topic

The PC Gamers Official Thread

• Choosing console over PC is more convenient, IMO.

i have a PC too and may upgrade pa ako coming soon. i game more on my PS4 and switch these days. meron talaga mga tao who will choose convenience over anything else. there's no denying PC has best graphics. di ako maarte i can from play AAA 60fps games sa PC then switch to some 30 fps games sa console walang problema. ayaw ko ilimit yun mga nilalaro ko sa may mga highest graphics quality lang. case to case basis pa din yan depende sa type ng laro.

kung may magtanong sa akin ano marerecommend ko kung sa 30K budget at gaming lang ang gusto, mag console na lang sya. kung mga 50k to 70k mag PC sya.
  • Sanay na eyes ko sa 100hz+ gaming kaya hindi ko na mabalikan console.
  • ^ kung multiplats at competitive games syempre mas ok yan. pero kung console exclusive 30 fps tapos maganda naman yun game ok din sa kin. di ko malalaro bloodborne or breath of the wild (emulation aside) kung puro high graphics lang pipiliin ko.

-- edited by joeyboy_achievement_unlocked on Jan 26 2020, 01:27 PM
  • kung may magtanong sa akin ano marerecommend ko kung sa 30K budget at gaming lang ang gusto, mag console na lang sya. kung mga 50k to 70k mag PC sya.

This is the misconception that should stop being spread. A gaming PC (minus the monitor, speakers, and peripherals) worth Php 30,000 will have a Ryzen 5 2600 + RX 570 4GB which is good for 1080p 60+ FPS.

PC gaming can be affordable and there is no need to play at maximum detail.

-- edited by bintsmok on Jan 26 2020, 01:39 PM
  • ^
    may mga promo bundle dyan sa tabi tabi, for 30k you can actually have a R5 2600 + X370 + 16GB Ram + 256GB SSD + 1TB + 5500 XT 4GB + decent PSU and Case
  • unlike sa PC na need mo pa magtimpla ng settings to get your target fps

The settings are there for more advanced tweakers and quality/performance perfectionists. Pag tinatamad or ayaw ma hassle, andyan naman yung mga graphics presets. Some games offer auto detection. Personally gamit ko yung one-click game optimization feature ng Geforce Experience. Works for me at happy naman ako sa results. Meron din siyang option to optimize newly installed games for the absolute minimum hassle.

checking system requirements if kakayanin ba ng PC mo

Kung medyo luma na yung PC then yes, issue talaga yan pero of course, kung recent yung PC or high end, hindi na iniisip yan.

...bugs/crashes...

PC has come a long way. While not at all perfect, hindi na compatibility issue at crash fest katulad noon. Kadalasan, nasa game developer yung bugs/glitches lalo na at launch time due to the game being rushed out or shoddy ang porting. Over time may bug fixes naman. This also happens with console games at launch. In fact, iwas ako maglaro ng new games for that reason. Saka ko lang binibili at nilalaro pag on sale at na patch na yung mga game-breaking bugs. One thing na advantage talaga ng consoles over PC ay pagdating sa hacking/cheating sa MP games. Bad trip talaga ang MP gaming sa PC for me dahil sa hackers.

Console may not have the best graphics/fps pero but at least you can play it

Oh but the PC is also very playable. Lalo na with the advent of digital distribution platforms like Steam. Ang dali bumili ng game, mag install at automatic pa yung patch updates. Ready to go. I keep my PC on all the time whenever I'm home and awake so if I feel like playing, I just sit down and play. One moment, pwede akong nagbabasa at napopost ng comments dito sa TPC and then when I feel like playing, click ko lang yung shortcut sa desktop/start menu, laro na. Hindi na ako tatayo or lilipat pa ng ibang device. That's convenience for me. It's for that reason I barely pick up my Switch these days.

That's my 2C but I respect that it's different strokes for different folks and my experience may not be the same for other PC gamers. Iwasan lang yung generalizations and one thing I noticed is that over the last few generations, consoles are in fact becoming more and more PC-like, not just in hardware, but in the approach of overall ecosystem.

-- edited by MrBungle on Jan 26 2020, 02:50 PM
  • PC gaming can be affordable and there is no need to play at maximum detail.

eto completely agree 100 percent.

This is the misconception that should stop being spread. A gaming PC (minus the monitor, speakers, and peripherals) worth Php 30,000 will have a Ryzen 5 2600 + RX 570 4GB which is good for 1080p 60+ FPS.

i guess i oversimplified it. let me explain.

dun pa din sa topic na bakit some would choose console ito. kung 30k wala monitor na budget pwede kasi dyan sa sinasabi mo etong mga klase ng tao:
    - assuming may monitor na sya, malamang may PC na sya. di na talaga lilipat sa console yan video card upgrade na lang gagawin nya sa 30k malamang.
    - wala sya PC, papabuild ka 30k then papakabit sa TV. buy na lang cheap kb and mouse. hopefully may comfortable way para malaro. kung mapipiga pa sa budget bili ng controller. would you be confident to tell them na "30K wala pa monitor yan." but kung meron naman all in na package at 30K, by all means let them have it. no disputing that.
    - or they could go for a console. there's no disputing that 30k would be great for a 1080p setup, pero kumbaga may laban pa din yun console dito.

so i'm not saying you CAN'T build a gaming PC for 30K. i'm saying if you have a hard budget of 30K i will RECOMMEND for you to get a console. semantics, i know. but i felt the need to explain.
  • wala sya PC, papabuild ka 30k then papakabit sa TV. buy na lang cheap kb and mouse. hopefully may comfortable way para malaro. kung mapipiga pa sa budget bili ng controller.

Viable naman ang couch gaming sa PC pero mas tataas ang budget sa peripherals.

Couch gaming with 50-inch 4K TV ang setup ko ngayon at ito mga gamit ko.

Logitech K400+ @ Php 2k
    8BitDo SN30 Pro Plus @ Php 2.2k

Di na kailangan ng mouse for navigating the desktop dahil may touchpad na yung Logitech K400+.

-- edited by bintsmok on Jan 26 2020, 06:05 PM
  • ^ yes there is no disputing that.
  • Pagdating sa hardware cost, home gaming console will always win. That is one of the selling points of console.
  • For me, a PC and a console are totally different devices. The hardware might be similar but still considered apples versus oranges, so I don't see the argument.

A PC is multi-purpose computing device, like a jack-of-all trades. You can type emails, work on documents, browse the internet, do programming, edit videos, edit photos, and other computer related tasks. You can also play video games and watch movies on a PC. The PC tends to be more expensive (hardware wise) because it needs to be able to do a lot of other things not just playing games.

A gaming console is a device that is focused on playing video games, and the design and hardware is designed for that purpose. Although gaming consoles can also do other things like play a BluRay disc or host Netflix or browse the internet, it is still meant as a gaming-only device and it does it well. With a gaming console you can play with 2 or more friends on the same device, you can play games while lying in bed or riding the MRT, and it works out of the box with no assembly needed which is good for kids or non-tech savvy people. Because of the specialized nature of the gaming console, it will offer the same graphics with cheaper hardware... or better graphics with the same hardware.

So no reason for it to be PC or console, when you can have both. Many PC gamers are also console gamers and vice-versa.

As for the 30K budget suggestion...

- If you need a PC, then buy a PC worth 30K.
    - If you need a gaming console, then buy a gaming console worth 30K.
    - If you need a smartphone that can play games, then buy a gaming smartphone worth 30K.

Simple as that :-)
  • So no reason for it to be PC or console, when you can have both.

People tend to have unlimited wants but resources are limited.

Not everyone is lucky to have a job/business that pays very well that it allows to buy both.

For me, I chose gaming PC not because I think PS4 is inferior but because I don't have the financial capacity to have both. And when I say "have", I mean buying the hardware and being able to sustain buying legit copies of games.

-- edited by bintsmok on Jan 26 2020, 09:26 PM
  • Baka nakakalimutan natin na kasama pa din sa target audiences ng consoles e mga "kids". So kung papiliin sila and mga parents, I'm assuming they will just choose consoles kase nga convenient (semi-idiot proof). Unless medyo may pagka nerdy yung bata, ang pipiliin nun computer, hehe :D
  • at nagpumilit.... :)

• Nagbalik pc ako noong 2012 dahil sa bf4 at hanggang ngayon sa BFV. Kung puro single player lang ako malamang naka ps4 ako.
  • para may context, ang pinagmulan kasi nyan e meron reports ng last of us part 2 coming to PC. bakit pa mag console kung lalabas naman sa PC yun mga titles na ganyan? kasi kung magkatotoo yan, mababawasan ang meaning ng exclusives as a factor for choosing consoles.

so given that at base sa mga napagusapan eto ang ilang factors bakit may pipili pa din ng console over PC:
    - convenience - madali sya iset up. no need for upgrades for maybe 5 years or so for the early adopters.
    - cost - pwedeng dahil limited ang budget at isa lang ang kaya bilhin. o kaya naman medyo may kaya at pwede bumili ng secondary gaming device.

did i miss anything?

it was never a comparison of which is better.
  • I'm sure there will always be console-exclusive games, and hindi mawawala yan as a reason to buy a console. Some games will only run on specialized hardware like Nintendo switch or a Sony VR headset or intended only for the Japanese market. Other games will remain exclusive on console for a certain amount of time before they will be released to other platforms to extend sales of the game.

Most likely ganiyan ang nangyari sa Last of Us Part 2. Possible na humihina na ang sales ng game, so yung developer / publisher decided to release it on PC to get more sales and broaden their audience. Hindi naman masama since it means more revenue for the game developer / publisher and more people enjoying the game. Of course may console fans na magagalit but it is what it is and you cannot please everyone.

With Playstation 5 and Xbox Scarlett coming very soon... and these are powerful machines designed for 4K gaming and have specialized hardware for ray traced effects in games... I would not be surprised if many will buy them over a gaming PC. Some might even forego upgrading their PC and buy these consoles instead :-)
  • Well, actually ang nagiging issue lang talaga is "fanboyism" :)

So what kung nag-decide si Sony or Nintendo na ilabas mga games nila na exclusive before? Mamamatay ka ba, lolz :D

Sometimes irrational na din ibang mga gamers kase, sobrang nagpapakamatay para sa beloved brands nila. They should know that ginagamit lang din sila nung mga companies na yun to build hype for marketing purposes.
  • nagagalit yung mga console user dahil yung exclusives games ay may chance na i port sa PC why not maging happy sila dahil may chance rin silang malaro in ultra settings 60fps+ tapos naka 144hz monitor di ba ang sarap sa feeling nun

i hope sony and naughty dog ay maging permanent ang kanilang desisyon na ma port yung games sa pc
  • i hope sony and naughty dog ay maging permanent ang kanilang desisyon na ma port yung games sa pc

And I hope that their games wouldn't be exclusive to Epic Games Store...

Before anyone says Valve needs competition, yes, I agree there should a big competitor to Steam but what Epic Games is doing is not competition.
  • A gaming PC maybe expensive but buying games in PC are far more cheaper compared to consoles if you know where/when to buy (sometimes you get them free), also PC is great for emulation and retro games. May certain market of people din that go for PC if they are a fan of military sim or driving sim that really go for expensive setups.

A console is great for console exclusives and na mention na dito is "convenience". No need to bash trip ng iba, just respect ang means/needs ng iba.
  • The paradigm of having consoles just for exclusives with a dedicated machine is gonna change in the upcoming generation, with the advent of the new technology being introduced by both Sony and MS. Where you can play your 'games' from anywhere with anything. The mobile transition of 'console' gaming is coming.
  • reminder: The PC Gamers Official Thread
    constructive comparison is OK, but bashing any platform will not be tolerated.

-- edited by ninjababez on Jan 28 2020, 07:52 AM
  • mga sirs, pakisuggest naman po ng online game na kaya pa ng i7-740qm 1.3ghz, 4gb ram, gts 360m. nagtatanong brother ko, nasabi ko lang left 4 dead 2. salamat..
  • ^pwede siguro CS:GO
  • And I hope that their games wouldn't be exclusive to Epic Games Store...

Before anyone says Valve needs competition, yes, I agree there should a big competitor to Steam but what Epic Games is doing is not competition.

Plot twist - baka nga gumawa pa sila ng sarili nilang storefront like Rockstar Games

-- edited by djdiaz on Jan 28 2020, 08:15 PM
  • ang daming naka line up RE 8 keep up the good work capcom kung pwede lang sana sabay sabay ang release

Dino Crisis May Be Getting A Remake On PS5 And Xbox Series X
    <click here for link>
  • Magkakaroon ng RE 8? Nice!
  • Ok lang ba yung graphics ng daymare 1998

-- edited by vladz17 on Jan 29 2020, 04:24 AM
  • I have Ps4 pro and Nintendo switch and PC. Depende nalng kung ano gusto mo laruin.

Sa ngayon mas naeenjoy ko na maglaro sa TV kasi kaya yung PC ko medyo napahinga na ng onti. lol