Forum Topic

*Sony Playstation 5 Thread (Flamebait posts will be removed)

• awts... wala pa din yung internal ssd update hehe..

sayang lang external ssd pag bumili. wait na lang ulet sa internal update XD
  • @jovmer

I prefer external cold storage because of the current prices of possible compatible nvme ssd for the internal. 500GB gen4 nvme are worth around 7-8k while you can get a 1TB external ssd at that price.

-- edited by cyberakuma on Apr 15 2021, 11:16 AM
  • I prefer external cold storage because of the current prices of possible compatible nvme ssd for the internal. 500GB gen4 nvme are worth around 7-8k while you can get a 1TB external ssd at that price.

ok lang din nmn external pero sasayangan ako sa speed e. sayang yung purpose. sana nga lang pag lumabas na support halos lahat compatible nsa market.
  • The update solved my issue of the PS5 turning on automatically when i switch on the TV.
  • @jovmer Useless din yun external ssd drive dahil kailangan mong imove sa internal para maplay.

Ang Advantage lang ng new update pwede mo itransfer yun mga ps5 games mo sa ps4 hard drive. :D
  • Ang Advantage lang ng new update pwede mo itransfer yun mga ps5 games mo sa ps4 hard drive. :D

prang ito nga lang din nakikita ko.

kaso wala akong PS4 XD . hehe
  • @jovmer Compatible naman halos lahat ng games sa ps4 sa ps5.

Kahit yun cheapest external hard drive pwede mo itransfer yun ps5 games mo. (Mabagal nga lang)
  • (Mabagal nga lang)

un lang pag hdd. pag ssd dapat usb C na din para sulit. for now ok pa nman ung storage ko di pa napupuno paisa isa lang din muna laro. kakatamad pag dami akong nakikitang games e lalo na pag PS+ member ka daming free games. tapusin ko muna isa hehe..

ano ba mas ok? ung CD o digital NBA? ung Mamba kasi nsa US$100 tapos ung cd nsa SGD$100 ung NBA lang di mamba parang same lang ng digital price nsa US$70. ang sa akin lang cguro pede ko benta CD pagsawa na?
  • @jovmer - Ang ginawa ko sa NBA, bumili na lang ako ng PS4 Mamba Edition na physical sa Gameline. Naka-sale sya for 2k. Then, kinuha ko lang yung digital code for PS5 Standard Edition. Tapos binenta ko uli yung CD for 1.5k.
  • ^
    thank you sa tip paps.
  • Really wish Sony would allow copying (not just moving) games to external drives. It’s a major hassle to have to download games and updates separately to my launch PS4, Pro and PS5. With Xbox I can download a game to my One S then copy it over to my Series X via external hard drive or over the local network. Very fast, easy and convenient and doesn’t hog my bandwidth.

Also hoping Sony enables Auto Low Latency Mode, 1440p and VRR support on the PS5. All these are present on the Xbox (even on the older Xbox One).

And finally another gripe ai have with the PS4 and PS5. I have a bunch of physical PS4 games that are now included with PS Plus. I still have to insert the discs to play them even if I’m a PS Plus subscriber. If I want to play the PS Plus digital versions, I have to uninstall the games on my PS5 and re-download. WTF Sony. With Microsoft, if you have a physical copy of a game installed, if it becomes available on Game Pass, there’s no more need to insert the disc or re-download the game. Everything is just seamless.

Sorry for the rant. Been a die-hard Playstation fan and have had every generation since PS1. I love the brand but after using an Xbox, it just became apparent that Sony’s offerings are more flawed and have been for quite some time now. Really hope they fix these issues.

-- edited by kupz on Apr 15 2021, 02:45 PM
  • ^
    haha.. can feel you paps. yung paglalagay ng psn wallet ang hirap. paypal at CC pag iba location kakainis.

matagal na din kasi ang microsoft sa OS paps kya mas matured at may experience na sila.
  • ^that is what the rival company does. looking for flaws of an existing console and improve that so they can have others to switch to their own made console.

but because the free game is under PS Plus, the game is attached to that subscription system as "free" which has a deadline. however, that also might be the case even you have a physical game and you want to purchase the digital game. there is some sort of "trigger" due to the PS Plus subscription for it to be deactivated once it ends.
  • Still waiting for a chance to snag the PS5 at SRP. But the jet turbine noise my PS4 Pro generates whenever I play a game makes me lean closer to buying a new one at the current non-SRP price.
  • makes me lean closer to buying a new one at the current non-SRP price.

mukhang matagalan pa paps ang current non-SRP. gang may pandemic mahirapan pa makabawi. baka next year na mag stabilize pricing nito pag may mga babalik na for production para ma compensate ang shortage ng supply ng components. ibang company na nagrerely sa components like sa amin.. nag issue na din ng letter of force majeure for this year dahil kulang na kulang talaga supply. kung makatiis pa intay gang nxt year XD. or abang sa preorder ang pagasa din paunahan na lang hehe..
  • ^ linis palit thermal paste lang yan sir
  • Yun nga eh. Will try to DIY the cleaning/repasting if sinipag ako. One thing keeping me from buying a PS5 right away e dahil konti pa din ang exclusive games.
  • ^that is what the rival company does. looking for flaws of an existing console and improve that so they can have others to switch to their own made console.

but because the free game is under PS Plus, the game is attached to that subscription system as "free" which has a deadline. however, that also might be the case even you have a physical game and you want to purchase the digital game. there is some sort of "trigger" due to the PS Plus subscription for it to be deactivated once it ends.

Yep, and they can count me in as one of those who will be migrating to the Xbox camp. I'll be buying the multi platform games on Series X and will just use the PS5 for exclusives and to play my PS4 library.

Regarding the PS Plus games, there's just no excuse to not be able to do it because it works on Xbox. I have a physical copy of GTA5 on my Xbox One and the other day it became available on Game Pass. Now I don't even have to insert the disc anymore to play. I then copied the existing installation from my Xbox One to my Series X over the local network. I can now play GTA5 on that one too without the disc. Super easy and convenient. They also have no excuse not to allow something as simple as copying a game to another hard drive or another system. You can only move the data to and from a drive, or back it up to a drive along with all the other data on the current system. Restoring the data from a backup wipes out everything on the target system. What a hassle.

Yun nga eh. Will try to DIY the cleaning/repasting if sinipag ako. One thing keeping me from buying a PS5 right away e dahil konti pa din ang exclusive games.

Make sure to use thick thermal paste. Since the heatsink on the PS4 mounts to the die itself, the more liquid pastes like MX-4 will "pump out" within a month or so and it will be back to being noisy. Ingat rin sa ribbon cables on the Pro, they are fragile and there are a bunch of them. When I repasted my Pro I had problems with the disc drive not reading discs. Had to re-seat the ribbon cable a couple of times to get it to work again.

• Regarding the PS Plus games, there's just no excuse to not be able to do it because it works on Xbox. I have a physical copy of GTA5 on my Xbox One and the other day it became available on Game Pass. Now I don't even have to insert the disc anymore to play. I then copied the existing installation from my Xbox One to my Series X over the local network. I can now play GTA5 on that one too without the disc. Super easy and convenient. They also have no excuse not to allow something as simple as copying a game to another hard drive or another system. You can only move the data to and from a drive, or back it up to a drive along with all the other data on the current system. Restoring the data from a backup wipes out everything on the target system. What a hassle.

it just shows how protective Sony is on their game library. Sony doesn't want to repeat what happened on their PSP.
  • ayos ang dualsense ps5 sa steam. detected agad na ps5 controller hehe..

eto pla gamit ng ext ssd ko XD. since di ko nman ginagamit lipat ang backup sa laptop tapos usb-C. lipat lahat ng PS4 at PS5 games sa ext ssd. swabeng swabe 1TB xD

• I'm using Seagate TLOU 2TB limited edition as my extended drive.

Ok na ako dito store and use it to play PS4 games.

Kahit siguro ma enable na yun expansion ng nvme sa PS5 malaki chance na sobrang mahal nun kaya tiyaga na lang ako ng move unused game sa PS5 sa extended drive then lipat uli sa ssd if laruin na.
  • @jovmer detected sa Steam. Pero yung mga games sir, yung HUD ba nagiging for PS din?
  • @jovmer detected sa Steam. Pero yung mga games sir, yung HUD ba nagiging for PS din?

oo add mo lang s controller. PS5 agad detect nya. tapos pede mo din ma customize. pero ok na ko sa default nya.
    naka usb-C nga pla connection ko.

Kahit siguro ma enable na yun expansion ng nvme sa PS5 malaki chance na sobrang mahal nun kaya tiyaga na lang ako ng move unused game sa PS5 sa extended drive then lipat uli sa ssd if laruin na.

ok na din ako sa ext na 1TB. tantya ko supported nya mostly mga internal ssd pag may update na. dami na din to tutuusin puro dota lang din ako.. tinatamad din ako pag nakikita ko daming games e hehe..
  • First time posting, good pm po! Ask ko lng po kung lag dn experience nyo s nba 2k21 playnow online, almost 1-2s. input delay kahit s pause menu lng. Ok naman s ibang multi player game, tapos better pa nga PC version n 2k, and last gen version siguro. Although d naman po siguro factor, I have US PSN account and wired connection. Any tips po for improvement? Ok naman po pag single player. Thanks po.

-- edited by dedmaw5 on Apr 17 2021, 08:07 PM
  • Kupz, thanks for your advice. It's weird, I'm currently playing Ghost of Tsushima on a 2k resolution monitor with HDR on and the PS4 Pro runs smoothly without the jet turbine sound and fans on full blast. However, on Resident Evil 7, a game launched over 2 years prior, it sounds like one. Could it be a software/game optimization problem?
  • Hmm last month March 19 ang 4th wave ngayun wala pa balita sa 5th wave.
  • Hmm last month March 19 ang 4th wave ngayun wala pa balita sa 5th wave.

hindi ba sa Jun paps?
  • Kupz, thanks for your advice. It's weird, I'm currently playing Ghost of Tsushima on a 2k resolution monitor with HDR on and the PS4 Pro runs smoothly without the jet turbine sound and fans on full blast. However, on Resident Evil 7, a game launched over 2 years prior, it sounds like one. Could it be a software/game optimization problem?

Yes I think it depends on the game. Some games have unlocked frame rates which will cause the Pro to ramp up the fans. Examples are COD Warzone (in the lobby where you can see your character) and when you look at the map in Days Gone.
  • Sony will no longer shut down PlayStation 3 and Vita stores
    <click here for link>
    from the article, "Now, Sony is only retiring the PSP store on July 2nd, although it should be noted that the majority of those games are available on the PS Vita’s marketplace."