Forum Topic

How does Globe LTE Upgrade Sim work

• For people without LTE in the globe sim.. you can get an LTE Upgrade SIM and then do the following at home: https://www.globe.com.ph/help/prepaid/prep-cx-to-lte?jsid=95AD84764F0499AA09AC7728ECE9FC2B.41513329413679

I'd like to understand something not in the FAQ...

When you go to globe and present your old sim and 2 valid IDs.. do they need to match something in the old sim and upgrade lte sim in the computer? or can you use the upgrade lte sim using another old sim?

I'm asking because I don't want Globe to make my anonymous sim become registered by presenting the ids.

So I plan to present other old globe sim and get the the LTE upgrade Sim and activate it my old sim without globe knowing where the new upgrade lte sim is used.. thanks..
  • ^ if you dont want to give your identity to globe, then just get a new LTE sim card, there's plenty around anywhere.

if you want to retain your number with new sim, then you have to go with their "way" of migrating things. no matter how against you are giving your identity, its no use. actually the government supports and recommends sim card registrations now, so its just a matter of time that a mandatory sim registration becomes reality.

and really, I just hope that mandatory registration becomes reality right now, just to avoid the spams and scams and potentially illegal activities done over it, really...

-- edited by polka on Dec 16 2017, 08:11 AM