Forum Topic

Dell U2413 monitor shutting off

• I recently bought a used Dell U2413 monitor. Okay naman siya nung una, pero after ilang days, namamatay yung monitor within 30mis - 1hr after turning it on -- no power led, pressing the power button does not work. The monitor has usb ports with power coming straight form the monitor's power supply -- kapag namatay yung monitor, the usb still has power, with one port an exception. The device plugged in to that port will charge on and off, parang nagffluctuate.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the power supply, but no idea what could be the root cause. I checked several of the mosfets/diodes and all seem to be fine. No bulging capacitors and no burned resistors either.

Do you guys have an idea what could be the possible cause? Or do you guys have a recommended shop/technician to bring it to?

Thanks!
  • Baka sira na your fuse sa power cord? Happened to my old LG monitor that I thought was broken which led me to buy another monitor. Found out it wasn't broken when it was plugged using different cord on my other pc?
    If your monitor's power has it's own power brick then that might be the culprit.

Pero pag kakaalam ko VillMan is authorized Dell seller so maybe they also are authorized Dell repair center? Check with them.

• Baka sira na your fuse sa power cord? Happened to my old LG monitor that I thought was broken which led me to buy another monitor. Found out it wasn't broken when it was plugged using different cord on my other pc?
    If your monitor's power has it's own power brick then that might be the culprit.

Pero pag kakaalam ko VillMan is authorized Dell seller so maybe they also are authorized Dell repair center? Check with them.

The monitor has the power supply built in. Will try to contact VillMan though. Thanks!