Forum Topic

HELP: Need CPU fan for my Phanteks Evolv MATX TG

• I was set on buying the Noctua U14S but apparently, hindi sya available locally. I then opted to get the Corsair H110 pero i read in some phatnteks evolv matx reviews na hirap yung fan on top since restricted yung airflow. (i dont want to put the fan in front)

In this case, does anyone know a relatively good air cpu fan that is as good as the Noctua U14S and maliit lang?

I don't plan to overclock naman pero i still want a good cpu fan kasi mainit lagi sa room.

Im going to run an i7-8700 on an asus matx mboard
  • Anyone? pls help
  • What do you mean locally? In your area? You can easily order a noctua u14s from sellers here in TPC just like I did.
  • Dark rock pro 3
    Or you can order from newegg, they have a noctua supplier that ships from taiwan so the shipping is reasonable
  • One option is go with Noctua NH-U12S since ang cooling performance niya is only 2-3 degrees Celsius higher than Noctua NH-U14S. Once maging available na sa atin ang Noctua NF-A12x25 fans pwede mo pa improve ang cooling performance by upgrading the included fan.

Pero kung gusto mo ng no-compromise / max performance air cooling then might as well go with the dual tower coolers tulad ng Noctua NH-D15 and Cryorig R1 Ultimate. Performance of both will be almost the same as a 240mm AIO watercooler and be more reliable as well. Maganda din sana ang BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 pero may issue yata siya with not having enough contact pressure sa heatspreader which affects performance. Kung gusto mo yung stealth look ng BeQuiet coolers then better wait for the Dark Rock Pro 4 to become available sa atin.

Personally I would just go with Noctua NH-D15 then change the fans / lagyan ng Chromax covers ang heatsinks kung hindi mo type ang looks ng Noctua :-)
  • sorry for the late reply.

aldyu - i tried calling the ones selling here and they said its out of stock. naka post lang na meron pero once tinawagan mo wala naman...

sleepy - thanks but i like a smallish cooler since i wont really overclock my unit. i just want it to be better than stock.
  • thanks but i like a smallish cooler since i wont really overclock my unit. i just want it to be better than stock.

Ok but when you say "smallish cooler" what do you mean exactly? How small do you want the CPU cooler to be?
  • sleepygeepy - maybe as big as the Noctua U14S. I have the Noctua D15 in my office and its very big if i will be using it on my home CPU case (phanteks evolv MATX Tempered glass).

What are the alternatives to the Noctua U14S which are available locally (Manila)?

Thanks
  • maybe as big as the Noctua U14S. I have the Noctua D15 in my office and its very big if i will be using it on my home CPU case (phanteks evolv MATX Tempered glass). What are the alternatives to the Noctua U14S which are available locally (Manila)?

Hmm... that's a tough requirement. Not many choices when it comes to single tower coolers with a 140mm sized fan. But here are some that you might want to check out:

- Cryorig H5 Ultimate / Universal
    - Cooler Master MasterAir Maker 8
    - MSI Core Frozer L
    - DeepCool Lucifer V2

- BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 (not sure if available)
    - Thermalright Macho HR02 (old school)
    - Prolimatech Megahalems (old school + hard to find)

If you really want the Noctua NH-U14S try inquiring from other PC shops like Ayos Computer or Mavetec Enterprises or Softbox Solutions. They might be able to order it from the local distro and have it on stock after a few days.
  • Thanks for the help, ill be looking into the alternatives you've listed.

By the way, among those listed below, which one is the best?

- Cryorig H5 Ultimate / Universal
    - Cooler Master MasterAir Maker 8
    - MSI Core Frozer L
    - DeepCool Lucifer V2

Thanks
  • Since you are not overclocking / using a locked Core i7-8700 any of the four coolers will perform a lot better than the Intel stock cooler. But among the four I would go for the Cryorig H5 Ultimate / Cryorig H5 Universal then second choice would be the DeepCool Lucifer V2.

The MasterAir Maker 8 is too expensive and might not be worth buying, while the MSI Core Frozer L has average reviews and nothing special going for it other than looks. The DeepCool Lucifer V2 is actually a good performing CPU cooler but is almost as big as a dual tower cooler, so check it first if it meets your size constraints.
  • Thanks ! ill check the shops if they have this.