Forum Topic

The Coolers Thread: CPUs / GPUs / HSFs / Fans: New Products and Reviews

• EK pre-filled and QDC-enabled GPU water blocks (now available)
    <click here for link>
    <click here for link>

Review of EK Predator Pre-filled GPU block for R9 NANO
    <click here for link>

Sana maging locally available ang EK Predator and pre-filled GPU waterblocks :-)

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Nov 08 2015, 10:05 AM
  • Ok na ba ang isopropyl alcohol (70% solution) na pantanggal sa thermal paste ?
  • @bismok para sakin ok naman. since that's what i use to remove the old thermal paste before applying a new one.
  • @bintsmok

Yan lang ang gamit ko pag naglilinis ako ng thermalpaste.
  • Ganda nung EK predator. Parang underwhelming lang yung perf niya compared to lower priced competing solutions.
  • ano naman yung low priced solutions na yan? haha..
  • ^ uhhh, kung nabasa mo yung mga reviews niya, Corsair H100, H110, H105 to name a few. Almost half the price pero within a couple of degrees from each other in silent and 100% fan mode.

-- edited by MrBungle on Nov 11 2015, 08:25 AM
  • Noctua S Series CPU Cooler Review <click here for link>

Noctua took a unique design tactic with the NH-D15S and NH-C14S, refining existing designs for expanded compatibility with a variety of motherboards. Both coolers feature the aesthetics common to Noctua coolers - chromed bodies with tan and brown fans. They also feature all of the design aspects we've come to expect from Noctua - nickel-plated copper base plate and heat pipe assemblies, aluminum radiators, and attention to detail with respect to their construction. The coolers performed well under stock processor speeds, keeping system temperatures under control and maintaining system stability. The coolers faultered under overclocked conditions though. The NH-D15S was unable to keep the Haswell-E system stable at all when overclocked, resulting in general instability and excessive temperatures. The NH-14S faired better with the overclocked Haswell-E, maintaining processor stability with throttle-free operation. While both coolers performed adequately, there are better offerings available at the price-point of these units.

Strengths

Performance under stock CPU operating conditions
    NH-C14S cooler performance with overclocked Hawell-E processor
    Build and machining quality of the cooler
    Size compatibility with most motherboard configurations
    Fan noise in all tested configuration
    Manual quality

Weaknesses

Price
    Performance with overclocked Haswell processor
    NH-D15S cooler performance with overclocked Haswell-E processor
  • How many case fans should you install ?

Bit-Tech: 3 to 4 fans <click here for link>

Linus Tech Tips: 3 to 4 fans <click here for link>
  • any budget HSF fans with led? just like gammaxx 400? thanks!
  • Suggestion if using ncase m1, silverstone nt06 top down cooler or noctua 92mm tower? Thanks ü
  • Worth watching just for the laughs :-)

How To - EK Predator 240 Draining/Refilling and fitting 980 Ti Poseidon (Redone)

Language NSFW!
  • New mini twin-tower cooler from Scythe...

Scythe Fuma (SCFM-1000)

Height is 149mm :-)
  • guys tanong lang, has anybody tried putting a Kraken G10 GPU bracket sa Inno3d 980 Herculez x3?
    Just want to confirm if compatible sya before purchasing. thanks! :D
  • kelan kaya maging available locally yung mga Be Quiet na CPU coolers... porma kasi e.. my iba pa bang locally available na maporma din? haha... red black theme sana
  • kelan kaya maging available locally yung mga Be Quiet na CPU coolers... porma kasi e.. my iba pa bang locally available na maporma din? haha... red black theme sana

Limited kasi ang choices ng CPU coolers dito sa Pinas

Noctua
    Cooler Master
    Deep Cool

Kung may trip ka talagang cooler na wala dito sa Pinas, order ka na lang online. Bihira naman magka-problema ang air CPU cooler kasi wala namang electronic part yan. Pag sira fan, palitan mo na lang ng kahit ano na babagay sa color theme na gusto mo
  • ^

parang yun lang ata yung choice ko talaga... kaso wala akong pang order thru online.. hanap nalang ako ng paraan.. :D baka bago umuwi yung barkada ko galing US.. papabili nalang ako sakanya sa black friday. ehe..

for my 2nd build sana.. dun sa first build ko naka H80i GT naman ako..

thank you sir
  • Ask ko lang mga master normal lang ba sa cooler master hyper 212x to <click here for link> mahigpit naman na pero umiikot parin my mali ba sa paglalagay ko?Thanks
  • ^

normal lang yan, kahit hyper212+ pa lang ganyan na yan. hinde talaga yan defect pero sa tingin ko dahil yan sa mounting system mismo.

kung ok naman temps mo, wala naman problema yan.
  • nag ka hyper 212 evo push and pull ako noon pero hindi naman ganyan kadaling galawin naalala ko noon pinapantay ko sya pero medyo mahirap or mahigpit bago ko magalaw but tama naman si dyaems kung walang problema sa temp eh di ayos lang.....

• Btw thanks sa info ung temp ko medyo mataas siya pag naka prime 95 umaabot ng 80+ naka oc 4.1ghz ung 3570k ko ok lang kaya ung temp na un mga sir?
  • Gganyan yata talaga mga cooler master yung v6gt ko dati gumagalaw din.
  • Gusto ko sana mag upgrade ng CPU cooler.
    I have an 3rd gen i5 3470 oc at 3.8ghz. idle is at 47c. When I play games, umaabot ng 65c.
    When I render videos, I get a warning na 70c na pero I have yet to confirm average temp.

So I was wondering if Ill go with air or liquid cooling.
    For air cooling, budget wise gusto ko si evo 212 as this was a preferred budget cooler as per google.
    For performance wise, I was thinking of getting the Noctua NH-D15. But for the price, I might as well go for liquid cooling.
    Kung mag liquid cool lang rin naman, Zalman Reserator 3 Max Dual ang choice ko.

My concerns:
    Are the sockets will be compatible for future CPU upgrades?
    I plan to get an i7 next year.

Any more recommendations?
    Been looking around about fans and it seems na limited lang choices dito sa pinas.
    So I plan on ordering from ebay US. But local fans are preferred.
    My rig is an mATX with tecware carbon case.
    I dont have plans on getting a bigger ATX and case.

My goal is to get under 70c on my cpu when rendering.
  • Gusto ko sana mag upgrade ng CPU cooler.
    I have an 3rd gen i5 3470 oc at 3.8ghz. idle is at 47c. When I play games, umaabot ng 65c.
    When I render videos, I get a warning na 70c na pero I have yet to confirm average temp.

What software are you using to monitor the CPU core temperature ?

Try using HWiNFO

For air cooling, budget wise gusto ko si evo 212 as this was a preferred budget cooler as per google.
    For performance wise, I was thinking of getting the Noctua NH-D15. But for the price, I might as well go for liquid cooling.

Air coolers will do for a core voltage of 1.25 V or lower

My concerns:

LGA 1155 is a dead-end platform like LGA 1150

If you will upgrade, get a Core i7 6700K (LGA 1151)

-- edited by bintsmok on Nov 23 2015, 08:30 PM
  • @pedallionph

I would suggest you go with aircooling. The design of the Zalman Reserator 3 Max looks "unusual" for an AIO watercooler since it is not using a regular radiator. Plus the fan looks to be proprietary and if it breaks you won't be able to replace it. If you really prefer an AIO watercooler, I suggest you go with a more popular model like Corsair H80i GT or take a look at the Fractal Kelvin T12.

Personally I would go for a good CPU aircooler like Noctua NH-U12S which is reliable, quiet, and maintenance free. The Noctua NH-D15 is also a good choice if you plan to upgrade to a Core i7 in the future. But check and make sure it will not cause incompatibilities with your motherboard since you are using Micro-ATX. The front fan of the Noctua NH-D15 can overlap with the first two memory slots and the fins can overlap with the nearest PCI-E slot. A better model would be the Noctua NH-D15S which has an offset design.

My concerns:

The Noctua CPU coolers are compatible with Intel sockets for Ivy Bridge, Haswell, and Skylake processors. So if you upgrade to a Core i7 Skylake processor next year you will still be able to reuse the Noctua CPU cooler. If you are not overclocking the Core i7, a Noctua NH-U12S should be more than adequate. But if you plan to do a moderate overclock on a Core i7 then I recommend you get the more powerful Noctua NH-D15S.

Any more recommendations?

In addition to the Noctua coolers and Cooler Master Hyper 212X, also take a look at ID Cooling SE-204K and the Deep Cool Gamerstorm Lucifer / Assassin.

Been looking around about fans and it seems na limited lang choices dito sa pinas.

Not many choices for 200mm fans for your Tecware Carbon case but these are available:

- Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm
    - Cooler Master Megaflow 200mm
    - NZXT FN-200RB / FS-200RB / FZ-200 200mm

For 120mm or 140mm fans there are many models available from Noctua, Scythe, Corsair, and many more.
  • @sir sleepy

nakita ko dun sa last page ung Phanteks PH-TC14PE
    ang pogi eh

compatible kaya siya sa CM N300
    or pwede din si ID Cooling SE-204K kung compatible
  • @kikokiko123
    nakita ko dun sa last page ung Phanteks PH-TC14PE
    ang pogi eh

compatible kaya siya sa CM N300
    or pwede din si ID Cooling SE-204K kung compatible

Medyo mataas ang Phanteks PH-TC14PE at 171mm so malamang hindi siya kakasiya sa CM N300 at tatama sa side panel. Also hindi parin available sa atin ang PH-TC14PE unless ipasok ng Phanteks distro. Yung ID Cooling SE-204K will fit the CM N300.
  • Good day

Ask ko lang kung ok na yung included fan ng Core V1 or palitan ko ng :

Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm or Cooler Master Megaflow 200mm

gagamit kasi ako ng HSF Cryorig c1 then 2x deep cool wind blade 80mm exhaust

TIA
  • Medyo mataas ang Phanteks PH-TC14PE at 171mm so malamang hindi siya kakasiya sa CM N300 at tatama sa side panel. Also hindi parin available sa atin ang PH-TC14PE unless ipasok ng Phanteks distro. Yung ID Cooling SE-204K will fit the CM N300.

tumawag ako dun sa distro ng Phanteks.. ang sunget, dun daw ako magpaorder sa Dyna, PCH*b.. kaasar bute na lang di kasya hehe

hanap na lang ako ng ID Cooling SE-204K ,

-- edited by kikokiko123 on Nov 25 2015, 08:26 AM
  • guys, question... im planning to build a new itx rig. with air cooling using scythe shuriken, the specs are below. need your input if they're still good.

haswell - air cooled
    cpu - i5 4460 or i5 4690
    mobo - gigabyte z97n-wifi
    gpu - gtx 960 itx
    ram - 2x 8GB
    case - cooler master elite 120

or

skylake - water cooling (120/240 rad)
    cpu - i5 6600
    mobo - gigabyte z170n-gaming
    gpu - gtx 960 itx
    ram - 2x 8GB