Forum Topic

Wifi Router or Wifi Mesh

• Need your inputs po.

Large Home with Concrete floor. Around 6 users with Smart TV for netflix

1. Anung mas ok gamitin Wifi Router like Asus RT-86u etc or wifi mesh tulad ng DECO M5?
  • Need your inputs po.

Large Home with Concrete floor. Around 6 users with Smart TV for netflix

1. Anung mas ok gamitin Wifi Router like Asus RT-86u etc or wifi mesh tulad ng DECO M5?
  • Based on what I've been reading, mas ok ang mesh WiFi because of the uninterrupted signal if you move from one area to another area of your house. For example, if you are streaming sa living room and you decide to move to the bedroom, walang buffering na mangyayari sa pinapanood mo dahil sa hand off ng signals. I guess this is very true for houses na multiple floors.

BUT everything is still dependent sa internet provider mo. Even if you have the most expensive Mesh WiFi installed in your home but your internet is "underpowered" then neither Mesh or regular Routers will be a pain. Especially if you have multiple heavy users connected at the same time

Look at the TP Link Deco M4 or M5. Yan pinaka mura na known brand mesh system in the market. I think the other reliable one is Google WiFi but too pricey.
  • IF you ask me then go with wifi from ASUS router, I do have something like ASUS RT-N18U and all works really really fine no matter what simply. I have a lot of mobiles and few laptops connected to it and all works fine so highly recommended.
  • need mo mesh set-up sir dahil multiple rooms and floor sa inyo ndi ba. kung buong living room lang ay mas OK na wifi-router mas ok nga yung isang broadcast lang dahil mas mabilis latency nya sa games. Sa mesh mukang tataas ping mo
  • Present internet speed using 3rd party Router which is an Asus AX86U Wifi 6 Gaming Router and Asus TUF 3000 Wifi 6 Gaming Router thru AI mesh. ISP is Converge Plan2000 at 300 mbps while disabling default wifi modem router.

Although mejo pricey yung mga router pero sulit naman sa stability and range nya coz of its AI Mesh system nya no lag watsoever running cya 24hrs a day.
  • Official Networking Thread (LAN Configuration, Internet Sharing, Routers, Switches, etc.)

<click here for link>