Forum Topic

*Dito Telecommunity - 3rd Telco (Mislatel)

• Updates just recently, me ngkakabit na ng PLDT at mgstart nrin ng cabling. Eto ngyon nakakatawa, need ngHOA Cert at dapat updated ang dues at wala din bad record ang homeowners bago payagan mkagpakabit ng wired connection.

wow, dami siguro hindi nagbabayad sa inyo ng at least montly dues nyo. As a former HOA officer sa village namin, sakit sa ulo yung mga ganitong klaseng homeowners. Ipit na nga kayo sa budget para sa subdibisyon, dami pang hindi nagbabayad, masama pa nyan pag hindi natutugunan yung issue sa village, sila pa yung galit.

so in this case, kung ganyan patakaran ng current officers sa HOA nyo, wala kayong magagawa. Oras na ganyan ang patakaran sa HOA (should be discussed during general meeting) wala ka ng magagawa except lumayas dyan sa village (or become the HOA officer it self, as a president if possible and waive that kind of rule).
  • @polka

you are correct. just move out. their neighbor appears to be irresponsible persons who do not do their fair share.
  • Sarap may DITO 5G SA na. Makati Area parehas na sila ni SMART. Lugi lng kay DITO wala UNLI. haha.

-- edited by cutejayr on Jan 03 2022, 09:01 AM
  • Ilang beses ako nanalo ng 500mb at 2gb nung December at 1st week ng January dahil sa promo ni DITO. Kahit un di ko maubos-ubos hanggang ma expire na sa 22 haha
  • Post deleted #12409294
  • yung minutes of call ko 2500 minutes na ata hahaha di ko ren maubos hahaha
  • Aside Makati, do you know any other confirmed DITO 5G sites. nPerf and Opensignal is showing somewhere near SM North and Munoz kaso baka kasi di pa publicly available since dot pa lang sila on the map of the aforementioned apps.
  • Post deleted #12409519
  • cutejayr Send Message View User Items on 04 Jan 22 @ 01:01 AM #

Sarap may DITO 5G SA na. Makati Area parehas na sila ni SMART. Lugi lng kay DITO wala UNLI. haha.

-- edited by cutejayr on Jan 03 2022, 09:01 AM

edi ang bilis ma ubos ng 25gb sa bilis ng 5g ng dito???
  • basta pag nag yt kahit 480p lang goods na yan hahaha at wag mag dl ng malakeng file XD
  • edi ang bilis ma ubos ng 25gb sa bilis ng 5g ng dito???

depende pa rin sa usage. though NGL, mas nakaka-enganyo gumamit ng internet na mabilis haha.

i mean, if for example, you have decided to download a 12GB file, if possible you'd want it na matapos faster. yung time na matitipid mo will also mean the sooner makakapag-power down yung device.
  • may unli ba sa ibang network?
  • @DMZ N78 lang naka allocate sa DITO for 5G NR noh paps?
  • @DMZ N78 lang naka allocate sa DITO for 5G NR noh paps?

Practically speaking, oo. Then again, pwede silang mag-DSS sa other bands or even dedicate a portion pero sa nipis ng mga yun eh they need it sa LTE as much as possible as long as karamihan ay LTE users pa. Kung capacity lang, yung 100+40 MHz of n78 nila should be more than enough so far for 5G.

As for DSS, I can see them using DSS sa Band 1 or 28 for added 5G coverage since n78's high frequency limits its range and penetration. Kaso they have weigh it carefully given yung number of users nila on 4G and 5G as well as yung overhead of simply deploying DSS.

-- edited by dmz01 on Feb 10 2022, 05:59 PM
  • ICYMI

There are four data promos available for the DITO 5G Home WiFi:

P590 (100GB)
    P990 (200GB)
    P1,490 (340GB)
    P1,990 (500GB)

All promos are valid for 30 days. Data packs only officially available with the included sim. Might use the same sim card and modem policy as Globe and Smart Prepaid Home Wifi.

DITO 5G Home WiFi launched!
    Link: <click here for link>
    FAQs: <click here for link>

Images from their FAQ shows that this modem is similar to China Unicom VN007/VN007+.
    not sure if exact same model/variant though.

Can't seem to find their exact coverage area in their website which is a bummer. It only said:
    This service will be available in DITO Telecommunity's 5G coverage in select areas in City of Manila, Caloocan City and Quezon City.

-- edited by dmz01 on Feb 28 2022, 03:29 AM
  • P590 (100GB)
    P990 (200GB)
    P1,490 (340GB)
    P1,990 (500GB)

mahal ng data package, sana nag offer man lang ng unli data para sa promotion ng 5G service nila, selected areas lang din available, china unicom nga daw yan modem
  • P590 (100GB)
    P990 (200GB)
    P1,490 (340GB)
    P1,990 (500GB)

I believe this is only a promo based on their website. The data allocation is doubled during the promo period.

The pricing is disappointing considering the expectation that they will be disruptors in the industry. There is nothing disruptive with their promos and even though I have a dito sim card, I find myself going back to globe for my data needs because of the lack of dito coverage. We need our very own "reliance jio" to disrupt the big 2 players. For those who are not familiar, try googling what they did in India.
  • oks disappointed ako sa pricing ni dito sa bagong promo

199= 16 gb nalang from 25gb

• I believe this is only a promo based on their website. The data allocation is doubled during the promo period.

Yep. Though given how hard their 2 competitors are, it is likely they'll keep it or even make it better.

mahal ng data package, sana nag offer man lang ng unli data para sa promotion ng 5G service nila, selected areas lang din available, china unicom nga daw yan modem

mukhang di pa kaya ng network nila magprovide ng unlimited even for 5G.

We need our very own "reliance jio" to disrupt the big 2 players.

As for Reliance Jio, they had many factors going for them

Timing: They launched a 4G-only network and went all in on it in a time when 4G was just picking up in India. DITO launched at a time when Globe and Smart's 4G network are relatively mature in terms of technology and coverage. Reliance Jio also had Reliance's existing fiber to help them in their launch as compared to DITO starting from scratch.

Backing: Jio had the financial backing of Reliance which already had a mature businesses before entering the mobile market. And their owner is among the world's richest, so they could afford disruptive pricing in order to get market share without having to worry about financial survival in the short term. DITO, meanwhile, has questionable beginnings and is largely around due to favorable relationship with the current government. The financial status and moves by it's owner, Dennis Uy , has been put into question a few times at the very least.

Execution: With the aforementioned advantages, Jio wasted no time capturing market share with very disruptive pricing and fought their competitors' attempt to match them. Despite their gains, they haven't gone complacent yet and are still fighting,

-- edited by dmz01 on Feb 28 2022, 07:38 PM
  • As for DITO 5G Home WiFi, I find their pricing and product strategy very weird.

If we disregard unlimited promos, their data packages are actually competitive with Globe and Smart's prepaid home offerings. However, their modem is too expensive vs the bundled 4G modem of the competition. At least Smart has Unli5G to make the high price of their 5G modem justifiable.

Also, the price of their modem is roughly the same price (if not higher) of the openline version (assuming the latter won't go the way of Huawei 5g modems' pricing in the future). I actually expected them to subsidize the unit to make it more appealing to customers. However, this assumes the unit is network-locked like the bundled devices of the competition/ However, in the unlikely event the bundled unit is openline, the value proposition slightly improves. As for my expected price, i was expecting around 8k/9k for DITO's 5g modem if it's network locked given existing openline pricing.

With all these available info, i can't help but feel that this product launch is more for them being able to say they have a particular product rather than for actually selling it. And with their sparse coverage info, good luck with them having to process returns/refunds when a dissatisfied customer buys one only to discover no 5G signal in his/her area yet.
  • ok sana yung promo kung no expiry. pero kung good for 30days lang eh panalo pa din unli data/fam promo ni smart/pldt.
    ang medyo ok lang na update is yung advance pay nila. you can get good discount sa mas matagal na advance promo.
  • What I'm worried about sa recent pricing ng DITO is that baka i-took ito ng Globe and Smart na sign na huwag na masyadong gandahan mga promos nila since DITO itself doesn't seem to want to bring it on.
  • What I'm worried about sa recent pricing ng DITO is that baka i-took ito ng Globe and Smart na sign na huwag na masyadong gandahan mga promos nila since DITO itself doesn't seem to want to bring it on.

hindi na nga sila makasabay sa dalawang higante, market strategy na din ng dalawa na mag labas ng unli data para maliit lang makuha ng DITO at alam nila na hindi kakayanin ng DITO mag offer ng unli,
  • Hindi affected ang ibang network sa promo ng DITO.
    Si DITO ang affected kasi naglabas tuloy ng promo which is absurd.

Tinest si DITO kung makakasabay sa unli promo. olats, di pa makasabay sa ngayon.

Dapat naglabas rin si DITO ng unli promo. Sapawan man lang nya kahit si GOMO.
  • <click here for link>

pantapat ata kay GOMO, though their offering is not for those "pang masa" that is looking for a cheap data that can last them for over a year or so.

GOMO is offering 25-30GB of data no expiry for as low as 199-299, while DITO offers 713 pesos for a 84GB of data with bonus 12GB data with 96GB total of data.

-- edited by polka on Mar 02 2022, 03:53 PM
  • ok din yung offer nila na 713 pesos for 1yr 96GB of total data, meron rollover data,call&text for unused, advantage din sa promo nila yung call&text to all net, problema nga lang hindi pa nationwide coverage, selected device pa din, sa pocket wifi ko nga hindi working DITO sim
  • Sawakas, may pang GOMO style non-expiry na din yung Dito gamit yung advance pay, 713 pesos for 1 year 96GB, puwede ko nang gamitin pang labas-labas ang Dito ko ngayon plus yung main sim ko na Smart sa mga areas na walang signal yung Dito, at puwedeng puwede nang ipang hotspot sa mga kaibigan mo na hindi ka manghihinayang sa data mo, haha.
    GOMO 299 php/30 GB = 9.96 pesos per GB
    Dito 713 php/96 GB = 7.43 pesos per GB

-- edited by AnimMouse on Mar 11 2022, 07:31 AM
  • Ano magandang modem for dito?
    Php 713 data parang oks na din pero throttled VPN dyan eh
  • ^
    Tp-Link
    Archer MR200 Cat4 (wala Band 28)
    Archer MR600 Cat6 (may Band28)

<click here for link>

-- edited by rudy on Mar 05 2022, 11:19 PM
  • ^ seems expensive
    Any compatible huawei router model ba for DITO?