Forum Topic

AMD Radeon RX 5000 series - All Things Navi

• @ruzucoe

ok naman na ngayon nakakapag laro naman ako ng maayos and wala pa ko naeencounter na error or issues

nag DDU ako sa safe mode taz restart then DDU ulit sa safe mode then restart ulit taz install na ng AMD drivers sa amd website
  • sobrang pangit ba ng ref ng 5700 xt? mahal kasi yung aib eh.
  • ^ may mga issues un reference e, check mo sa reddit at YT, baka na fix na din nila un since 2 months na din. may mga nag bebenta ng 19k na 2nd hand na 5700xt
  • sobrang pangit ba ng ref ng 5700 xt? mahal kasi yung aib eh.

here is my reference 5700XT (Gigabyte).. bago ko siya binili pinag isipan ko mabuti.. bought this August 3...

no issues encountered ever since.. mashado lang mababa yung stock fan curve so yun lang ina-adjust ko tuwing mag install ako ng bagong driver... temps usually nasa 75-80+ at 2700+rpm.. audible pero not noisy... I'm not worried with the temps at all. May nbasang nga akong review sa amazon, sabi nya ok lang daw nga kahit umabot sa 90C, dahil yung R9 290 niya 6 years na at 90C walang issue.

ang gusto ko sa blower style eh nilalabas niya yung init ng gpu.. unlike dun sa dati kong RX590 kahit horizontal yung fins, ang init ng tempered glass ko sa side pati yung taas ng case. Sympre affected din temps ng CPU.

lastly, nagagandahan talaga ko sa design niya, all metal pa yung cooler shroud.

• Now on sale for Php 26,950 :-)

• ^ lake din pala ng difference sa sapphire pulse. pero ang ganda nyan
  • Hi guys! New to the red team. Is there an option to enable "high performance" sa power setting for AMD cards like sa NVIDIA by going to NVCP para masulit performance?

• @sydmon

Sa Wattman madaming settings available like Auto Overclock GPU, Auto Overclock VRAM, or set the power limit to a higher setting. Really more on overclocking and setting up fan speeds ang Wattman if you ask me.

Your videocard also has a BIOS switch from silent mode to standard or OC mode. Make sure it is set appropriately.

I'm still experimenting with the Sapphire Pulse RX 5700, but looks like it has an easy overclock mode. Just set GPU clocks to max 1850MHz, Power Limit to max of 20%, and VRAM to 900MHz. Very stable and low temps (62C GPU + 70C VRAM).

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Sep 23 2019, 02:41 PM
  • worth upgrade naman 1070 to 5700? Gusto ko lang tlaga mag try AMD eh ang gaganda din ng reviews haha, I'm in for a cheap blower type or go with AIB?
  • onti lang naman difference sa pricing ng AIB sa reference card unless kukuha ka ng 2nd hand na blower type meron sa IFS dito
  • waiting for RX 5600/5500 :)
  • @emhelmark
    worth upgrade naman 1070 to 5700? Gusto ko lang tlaga mag try AMD eh ang gaganda din ng reviews haha, I'm in for a cheap blower type or go with AIB?

Opinion ko lang baka hindi sulit yung upgrade from GTX 1070 to RX 5700. Yung performance increase nasa 20% which is substantial din... pero isipin mo you are paying Php 19K just for that 20% increase in performance.

For videocard upgrades try to target a performance increase of around 40% or better para sulit din yung upgrade. So yung target videocards mo would be in the GTX 1080 Ti or RTX 2070 Super range. Ang RX 5700XT nasa 30% increase in performance relative to GTX 1070 so pwede narin siguro.

Kung mabebenta mo ang GTX 1070 for a decent price para mabawi mo din yung cost niya... then go for the upgrade :-)
  • @emhelmark

I sold my ASUS GTX 1070 Strix OC for a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT. I shelled out around 16.5k plus the 1070 proceeds.

So far at 1080p, I’m getting almost twice the framerate I had from my previous build. Although I don’t think all that performance gain can be attributed sa 5700 XT alone kasi nagupgrade din ako from i5-6500 to R5 3600.

But I think you should still expect at least 50% performance gain.

My initial plan was going up to 1440p, still waiting for new monitors to drop dito sa bansa. Hehe.
  • Share ko lang... really surprised at the performance of the Sapphire Pulse RX 5700.

Hinayaan ko lang ang nephews / wifey to play CS:GO, LoL, Fortnite sa PC from early morning to afternoon. So after checking HWiNFO...

Very good temps on GPU + VRAM and yung GPU clock is reaching almost 1,800MHz which is RX 5700XT speeds.

Not bad for a budget RX 5700 AIB card :-)

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Sep 23 2019, 03:54 PM
  • @sleepygeepy

Btw I checked where the BIOS currently is set on my card and it’s on the leftmost part - upon searching looks like at this placement it’s gonna be up to Trixx software which profile I am going to use.

I currently have it on Primary BIOS - I assume it’s the performance profile? I cannot locate the online manual which confirms this.
  • @sydmon

If the switch is placed at the leftmost part, meaning moved closest to the PCI bracket then that is the performance BIOS. The opposite would be the silent / power optimized BIOS.

I think you can use Sapphire Trixx to switch BIOS modes. I checked, and my Sapphire Trixx version does not have that feature so it might be enabled only for the Nitro and Toxic series.

One way to determine is to download MorePowerTool from Igor's Lab and check the Power Limit of the videocard if set to 225 watts or 200 watts.
  • Share ko lang... for those who are on reference style / blower style cards... and want to undervolt / lessen temps... this is a good resource:

Igor's Lab - Make the Radeon RX 5700 and RX 5700 XT more economical, efficient and noticeably quieter with the MorePowerTool
    <click here for link>

Note the article is in German so use your favorite translator. BTW Igor Wallossek is the former editor of Tom'shardware Germany in case you are wondering :-)

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Sep 23 2019, 11:33 PM
  • all you need is a good undervolt + good cooling..

Sapphire RX 5700 (reference/blower)

i never hit 2ghz in benchmarks, but in games, most of the time i hit it specially high fps games like apex legends, call of duty modern warfare, overwatch..

but in dota 2 i barely hit 1.8ghz on clock..

and i don't limit my fps in everything..

-- edited by desvillar on Sep 24 2019, 11:16 AM
  • @sleepygeepy

Not that I don’t believe you sir, no offense... pero this is what I read on Tech Power Up so far —

Please note that the BIOS switch supports three positions. From left to right, these are "default", "quiet" and "performance". With the default setting active, you are able to change the BIOS selection using Sapphire's TRIXX software. While the switch itself is instant, a reboot is required for the new BIOS to activate as the BIOS/driver only reads the BIOS during startup.

Weird kasi talaga di ko mahanap sa website nila yung online manual na sinasabi dun sa documentation included sa box.

Bale nasa left most part yung switch nung akin - hence software controlled ang BIOS option. Nilagay ko sa Primary Profile hoping na yun yung “Performance”.

-- edited by sydmon on Sep 24 2019, 01:47 AM
  • @sydmon
    Not that I don’t believe you sir, no offense... pero this is what I read on Tech Power Up so far —

No worries, I'm also trying to learn the ins-and-outs of the Navi card hehe :-)

I based my statement on what was mentioned in Computerbase.de and they said exactly the same thing: <click here for link>.

For the Sapphire Pulse cards the leftmost position (nearest to PCI bracket) is the performance BIOS. However Sapphire Pulse only has two BIOS switch positions so settings are simpler. For Sapphire Nitro they have 3 BIOS positions so not sure if it is the leftmost or rightmost position.

Problem is how can you tell if the switch is in the left-most position or the right-most position? Because it depends on how you are holding the videocard hehe... They should say the switch position "nearest to the PCI bracket" or "furthest away from the the PCI bracket" :-)

The surefire way is to download the MorePowerTool utility and let it read your current BIOS setting. You need to use GPU-Z to extract the BIOS from your card, save it in a folder then let the MorePowerTool utility read the BIOS. You will see the power targets and max frequencies.

Bale nasa left most part yung switch nung akin - hence software controlled ang BIOS option. Nilagay ko sa Primary Profile hoping na yun yung “Performance”.

Matrabaho lang but worth doing... switch mo to the leftmost position... reboot PC and open GPU-Z then download the BIOS.

Then rinse and repeat for the other two switch positions (middle and rightmost) and capture the BIOS of those modes using GPU-Z.

Once you have all three BIOS modes saved, pwede mo na sila view using the MorePowerTool :-)

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Sep 24 2019, 04:02 AM
  • Looks like the RX 5700 has a lot more overclocking headroom... can go past the 1850MHz limit :-)

However Junction temperature is getting too toasty for my comfort level so I will be dialing back the settings.

Kung may lumabas na RX 5700 model with a top notch cooler... like a Sapphire NITRO RX 5700 model... definitely worth buying and tweaking.

-- edited by sleepygeepy on Sep 24 2019, 03:34 PM
  • ^

I only used GPU-Z and indeed looks like the Primary BIOS = performance profile.

When I switched to the other profile the clocks went down by ~ 100 MHz.

• After 1 game of Dota 2 @ 1080p Maxed Settings

Malaki naman kaya budget once I jump to 1440p no? Nasa 50-60% utilization lang ata both CPU and GPU nung sumilip ako while ingame.

• @sydmon
    Malaki naman kaya budget once I jump to 1440p no?

Depende siguro sa game and ano yung gusto mo maging target framerate at 1440p... But I'm sure kaya naman ng RX 5700XT ang 1440p high fps with most games.

Kung mabitin ka sa performance, meron naman Trixx Boost so you can play at 85% to 90% resolution + Radeon Image sharpening :-)
  • Sir sleepy natry mo na si pulse 5700 mo sa 1440 gaming? Kamusta performance and ano driver gamit mo?
  • @RuZuCoE
    Sir sleepy natry mo na si pulse 5700 mo sa 1440 gaming? Kamusta performance and ano driver gamit mo?

Yung driver na gamit ko is 19.9.2 ok naman and stable so far. Hindi ko pa natry sa 1440p kasi 1080p lang yung monitor ko hehe. Ok naman ang performance sa 1080p and kaya niya isagad ang 144 fps / 144Hz refresh rate ng monitor. Tingin ko ok din siya for 1440p kung yung target framerate mo is somewhere between 60 - 90 fps depending on the game.

Suggestion ko lang, kung plan mo mag 1440p gaming go for the RX 5700XT model. Sa 1440p kasi every fps (above 60) starts to count so gusto mo yung may headroom ka ng konti. Although pwede mo din i-overclock ang RX 5700 model siyempre hindi din lahat gusto mag run ng overclocked videocard dahil sa increased temps at power consumption :-)

One thing I noticed is mas madalas ang stutter sa Borderlands 2... tingin ko hindi pa optimized ang driver ni AMD at kailangan pa ng further tweaking. Beta driver pa kasi ang 19.9.2 so sana yung next driver release mas maayos na.
  • mga Sirs ano po undervolt settings nyo. Naka Gigabyte 5700 XT ako trifan.
  • mga Sirs ano po undervolt settings nyo. Naka Gigabyte 5700 XT ako trifan.

Try mo muna sir yung Auto Undervolt settings ng Wattman (Radeon driver 19.9.2). Matino naman siya and at least may baseline setting ka na pwede mo pa i-fine-tune. Kapag nakuha mo na yung voltage settings na in-apply, then pwede mo na siya i-set sa MSI Afterburner or whatever tool yung gamit mo to adjust voltages.