Forum Topic

DC Inverter Aircon Thread (Aircon roundup and FAQ on page 1)

• Summer na talaga.. Biglang lundag yung consumption ng KX-35i ko from 2.5~3kwh to 2.8~3.2kwh for an 8-10 hour night..

Switched my unit to dripless operation na (taking a cue from Kompressor's move) to improve cooling performance. So far it has worked to bring my consumption back down to 2.5~3kwh. Yes may water splashing sounds especially on very humid nights but the reduced power consumption is worth it.
  • Question lang po. Anong okay na breaker for split type? For installation kasi by Saturday. And ano gamit nyong pang sukat ng power consumption ng unit? May nababasa kasi ako na nasusukat nyo yung power consumption ng AC unit. Salamat po.
  • ^ Visit page 01 please and read my posts there..
    - Aircon FAQs
    - Aircon Do's and Don'ts
    - How to measure your aircon's consumption
    - Breaker sizing

-- edited by Godai_Yusaku on Apr 21 2021, 01:47 PM
  • Sirs @Godai_Yusaku and @Kompressor

Thank you po sa response. So I went in today at Ray and J's and decided to get their Daikin D-Smart Queen series in 1.5 hp config na 2 units for both the bedroom and mini office. Gulat ako na they said na bukas daw pwede na kabit so I said yes.

Anything I should further know po with Ray and J's pag magpapakabit para mas okay or mas makamura? For sure yung isang unit would have an excess tubing as more than 10ft and both units would need to have new breakers and stuff given na window type yung existing sa bedroom and 1st time ni mini office malagyan AC. Okay na po ba sa 35k/unit na Daikin D Smart Queen or may secret code ba para mas bumaba hehe. Thanks!

-- edited by transjico on Apr 21 2021, 01:38 PM
  • Okay na po ba sa 35k/unit na Daikin D Smart Queen

That is a very sweet deal already! Ano ang inclusions ng 35k quote sa iyo?
  • @transjico

Para maka mura, you may opt for cash payments if you can. Afaik may patong ng around 5% sila Ray J kapag card gagamitin mo. In any case, try to haggle pa since 2 units naman kukunin mo. Maybe you can get freebies pa and/or waive (additional) charges. Best person to talk to is Ray himself to get a good deal.

For the installation itself, better na bantayan mo yan mag iinstall to make sure na maayos nila makakabit yan AC mo. Actually, if they do a good job, tandaan mo name ng lead tech / installer then sa kanya ka na mismo magpalinis later on. May separate cleaners kasi yan Ray J, most times they assign amateurs and they do a terrible job. There are occassions nasisira, nayuyupi't hindi nila nakakabit ng maayos yan AC when they clean it.

You can also follow this guide I've made for st installation.

Post installation inspection for me:

1. Make sure water is flowing / dripping consistently on the drain pipe and not anywhere else.
    2. Cables, pipes, electricals are protected and wrapped properly. Ideally, dapat may sariling breaker within your aircon vicinity or a separate lever sa main breaker nyo in case you need to shut it down during cleaning or emergency.
    3. Indoor and outdoor unit are securely installed. Dapat walang loose parts, walang umuuga.
    4. Unit should be quiet and no abnormal sound aside from minimal fan noise.
    5. Remote must function as it should. Modes, fan speed, including yun airflow swing buttons.
    6. And of course dapat consistent lumalamig yan room mo relative to your ambient temperature

-- edited by musicgeek on Apr 21 2021, 01:59 PM
  • Sir @Godai_Yusaku

So far sir ang kasama is yung usual na 10ft copper tube, 1pc pvc drain pipe, materials, tools, manpower, bracket, and communication wire daw po.

Sir @musicgeek

Paano ko kaya po macocontact mismo si Sir Ray himself? Pumunta ako roosevelt kanina sir cash payment na po ako for tomorrow as agreed with them 35k daw po yung cash price at mga tao lang po ang andun. Baka may contact ka sir? hehe thanks!
  • Nagpa-site visit ka ba? Kasi almost sure na they will offer you to get an isolation breaker for each unit if wala kang dedicated breakers sa main panel board mo.
  • @transjico

pm'd you rey's #.
  • Sir @Godai_Yusaku

Di daw sila available for site visit sa sched pero sabi sakin ay pwede naman daw na if worse comes to worst na di kaya magkabit talaga wala daw po machacharge na kahit ano sakin. So far may dedicated breaker po yung existing window type sa bedroom doon sa main panel mukhang yung doon ieextend lang nila linya papunta sa outdoor unit, yung isa for sure lalagyan ng isolation breaker since walang existing aircon sa mini office.

Sir @musicgeek:

Pmed po thanks sir!
  • Anything I should further know po with Ray and J's pag magpapakabit para mas okay or mas makamura? For sure yung isang unit would have an excess tubing as more than 10ft and both units would need to have new breakers and stuff given na window type yung existing sa bedroom and 1st time ni mini office malagyan AC. Okay na po ba sa 35k/unit na Daikin D Smart Queen or may secret code ba para mas bumaba hehe. Thanks!

Twice na ako nakapagpainstall sa Ray and Jay's. Both cash payment. 1st was last year for a 1HP Daikin, straight forward installation. No extra tubes, wires and cost. 2nd was just last month for a 2.5 HP LG Deluxe unit. Kinailangan mag fabricate ng connection from the main breaker (30A port ) to the unit/breaker since hindi kakayanin sa wall socket, unlike dun sa 1HP nakasaksak lang sa wall socket. I had to go to the hardware to get stranded wire, plastic moulding and adhesive etc. Plus extra charge sa labor 1500php. From 8am to 2pm natapos so medyo madugo . Also umabot ng 13 feet yung copper tubing so plus 900. So more or less nagdagdag ako ng around 3500 on top of the posted price. Courteous naman yung installers pagsabihan mo lang kapag hindi maayos magmask nakakatakot Covid lalo na kapag nasa loob ng bahay syempre gagawa.

-- edited by mccoy on Apr 21 2021, 04:26 PM
  • Switched my unit to dripless operation na (taking a cue from Kompressor's move) to improve cooling performance. So far it has worked to bring my consumption back down to 2.5~3kwh. Yes may water splashing sounds especially on very humid nights but the reduced power consumption is worth it.

I drain the condensate once patayin ang unit. Anyways sa sobrang humid lately, saglit lang mag.generate ng condensate to splaah into the condenser.
  • ^ Yun lang ang di ko magawa. Di kasi gaanong accessible ang drain plug ng unit ko.. Pero yeah grabe ang humidity lately. Ok na din since it makes more water for my aircon to splash onto the condenser! Hehehe.

Being able to switch to dripless operation is a trick that only WT units can use. Love my WT units! =)

-- edited by Godai_Yusaku on Apr 21 2021, 10:19 PM
  • @GodaiYusaku
    Being able to switch to dripless operation is trick that only WT units can use. Love my WT units

Speaking of dripless operation. There's a product I saw that's called AC Mister system for split type ACs.
    It sprays water mist to the condenser coils when condenser fan is on. Since di naman sobrang mahal ng tubig dito, might help with cooling.

Here's the link to a video. <click here for link>

Would be great if this was available here in the Phils. What do you think of this system?
  • @orbstan

I think that it's a clever application of evaporative cooling to boost the efficiency of condensers. WT aircon kasi have a steady supply of condensate water (no chlorine) that can be used to boost cooling unlike ST units na need mo pa mag-introduce ng drip or mist to get the same boost.

Madali lang actually gumawa ng water drip line sa condenser radiator that you can tap from the gripo to replicate that evaporative cooling boost. My worry however is that chlorinated municipal water might corrode the aluminum fins over time. Possible din na magkaroon ng calcified deposits sa areas na deep well ang tubig. Worse would be yung sa areas na salty ang tap water as salt will quickly destroy the aluminum fins.

Making such a rig might be more trouble than the power savings that you get..

-- edited by Godai_Yusaku on Apr 21 2021, 10:20 PM
  • Sa Window type Inverter ba, Carrier/Condura lang ang may "Auto Fan" setting/features?
    And yung Panasonic at LG Window Inverter ba nakakalas lahat kapag lilinisan? Nakikita ko kasi sa youtube yung Panasonic parang ang Daming naiiwan na hindi natatanggal kaya parang hindi masyadong malinisan mabuti yung Evaporator at Condenser on both side. And yung mga Electronics binabalot nalang ng Platic.

-- edited by Exposure on Apr 22 2021, 08:53 AM
  • @exposure

Lahat ng WT units may "Auto" fan setting. But TCL lang ang may "Turbo" fan setting.

Halos lahat ng WT ngayon ay binabalutan ang electronics during cleaning. Hindi na nila binabaklas ang mga electronics dahil time consuming and takot sila na baka di nila maibalik ng tama. Result? Radiators lang ang malinis.