Forum Topic

Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3i (15) - Where to obtain cable to connect internal HDD?

• Sorry ininglish ko na...Ilonggo...mahina sa tagalog.

I purchased my IdeaPad 3 Slim 3i (15) - [ideapad 3-15IML05 Type 81WB], with just a 512GB solid state drive, with the store advising I can install an additional internal 1TB laptop HDD .

After talking with the store tech support, it appears my laptop does support this feature, but the cable to connect from the motherboard to a second internal hard drive was not included.

Would really appreciate any help where to buy this cable connector...I cannot even find the part number.

The local Lenovo distributor has no idea where to buy locally nor do they have an idea when their stocks will come in if they order now.

Thanks in advance!

-- edited by gunpdr on Jul 16 2020, 10:45 AM
  • if you can't find it locally, why don't you use shipping? i'm quite sure lenovo can arrange a shipping for you. you may be waiting for a few weeks, but i guess that's worth it? <click here for link>

-- edited by Haptinseele on Nov 10 2020, 02:05 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion but as I mentioned above, the local Lenovo distributor has been ambivalent in their responses.

I did try to search and look up the web but not knowing the part number is a hindrance. I was hoping that somebody here are help out and suggest where to buy.