Forum Topic

Aspiring devops needs a roadmap

• hello gurus, i am a developer who wants to learn devops tools.

i am planning to use 3 servers on esxi virtualization with ubuntu installed on each server. in each of this bare metal virtualized ubuntu servers i will use virtualbox for selenium testing, jenkins with server / worker setup, and just raw git repository and maven repository on one of those. i will also use docker and kubernetes in deployment as well as MySQL and other software servers (software like git repo, nginx, firewall, mail server, load balancer, etc). my workflow will be 1) to deploy spring boot microservices (discovery server, zuul gateway, configuration server, 2 microservices that can be called via REST, and ELK) with MySQL and test it. 2) deploy those mimicking 3 instances of each of those with load balancing and test it. all test will be triggered by jenkins. problem is i dont know much about networking, or i might have missed stuff. can you guys guide me on this ? documents perhaps ? courses online (not training center) that you know? also can you guys comment on my setup? thank you in advance.
  • I might use Proxmox VE instead of Ubuntu server, this is described here <click here for link>. still reading the docs, lets see what I can come up with

-- edited by devopsphils on Sep 01 2020, 02:20 PM