Forum Topic

Globe@Home HG8145V5 - Enable printer and storage sharing is disabled

• Sirs,

I'm trying to enable the printer and storage settings on my globe HG8145V5 but the check box is grayed out. Anyone else experiencing the same problem. I was trying it out first on a fat32 formatted usb drive then ikabit ko na sana yung printer para shared na sa all devices.

Any tips/suggestions/ links is highly appreciated
  • Same issue din sakin parang wlang nkakaalam
  • I've reported the same issue with their tech support but they haven't gotten back to me with an acceptable resolution. After months of inaction on Globe's part, I lost interest in pursuing the case.
  • Did anyone ever solve this? I have the same Huawei router from Globe, HG8145V5 V2, and the "Enable printer and storage sharing" checkbox under the USB setting is also greyed out. I've spent all afternoon trying to fix it with no luck.
    Thanks so much for any help.
  • Weird, mine's working but I'm on PLDT.

• For Globe modems if the checkbox is greyed out you would want to Inspect Element on your browser and find the corresponding checkbox. Delete the attribute "disabled" on the html tag of the checkbox and hit enter to apply changes on your current page. Then put a checkmark on it. If the apply button is also disabled do the same modification through the Inspect Element of your browser and delete the attribute "disabled". Then hit apply.

Note: Refreshing the page or restarting the modem will revert back the disabled attribute but as long as you have saved and applied the settings after modifying the page then you're good. Do not perform factory reset.