Forum Topic

Converge vs. Google Mesh Wifi

• Hi,

I am not a techy person but I would really appreciate your inputs.

I am currently subscribed to Converge (P1,500 plan). I want to find out if it is possible for me to setup a wifi mesh system in my home. Currently I turned off the wifi feature of the modem/router they provided and I connected another router (Google OnHub). I've had this setup for years already and connected some extenders around the house.

I read about wifi mesh systems and I decided to purchase a 3-pack Google Wifi Mesh. It seemed easy to set up and considering I already had a Google OnHub I thought there won't be any problem. Now my problem is I cannot connect the 1st node to my Google OnHub. I cannot "Add wifi point" or it says "Wifi point is out of range". I have tried multiple times even resetting my routers (converge modem/router and Google OnHub).

I came across articles saying that I need to have my ISP provider (Converge) do "bridge mode" because it needs to be a public IP etc etc.

What are your thoughts on this? Are the internet provider (Converge, PLDT, etc) really a factor when it comes to setting up a mesh wifi system?

TIA
  • Connect your Google WiFi mesh to your Converge modem and add your OnHub as additional wifi point. <click here for link>
  • I will try this as well. So there are no issues with setting up a wifi mesh system with Converge?