Forum Topic

GOMO 5G/LTE users here!

• @polka yung sa Magic Data kasi sir wala pang call and text. So di sya praktical gamitin. May mga contacts pa rin kasi ako na traditional call and text pa rin ang gamit at hindi sila lagi naka online.

Sa Smart naman ay yung meron pang Pldt calls ang load ko or yung tingi lang na pang 3 days or 7 days. Kaya lang yung calls na kasama nya ay pang Smart network lang if with Pldt. So Gomo yung main ko for all networks then Smart kung kailangan ng Pldt calls. I’m just being greedy sir maganda kasi complete haha
  • @MacJjang
    sir anong promo yung may PLDT call?
  • ^TU200 via Paymaya or Gcash
  • ask lang mga boss bakit me narecieve akong message na mag expire na tapos pag check ko wala na signal yung sim kala.ko ba no expiration?
  • Yung load no expiration pero yung sim, gaya ng lahat ng sim sa pilipinas ay madedeactivate kapag hindi na-loadan sa loob ng isang taon. Basa po tayo ng terms and conditions.

Does my SIM card expire?
    Yes, your SIM card will expire if no paid transaction has been made within one (1) year. To extend the life of your SIM, purchase any GOMO offer
  • kahit bilhan ko credit to wala na?
  • Wala na yan since deactivated na.
  • Pa ask po ako. Anong device name need ko to catch data signal then dun ko po lagay ang Gomo Sim para deretso na sya WIFI? 2G lang po kasi signal makukuha ko sa phone ko.
  • ^ a pocket wifi?
  • received blank sim yesterday
    entered all porting sequences
    its been 30 hours, delay parin ang porting
    GOMO CSR in FB Messenger said it usually takes 24-48 hours before asking to restart.

sana bukas/mamaya okay na...
  • @euen_ilagan

porting...
    if your from smart network medyo matagal... sakin 2 weeks inabot ng porting...
    from dito naman inabot ng 3 days...
    from globe matagal na 1 day :)
  • thanks sir, Globe ako,
    baka bagong update sa mga lead time nila,
    anyway, nag follow up na ako. nangako may positive update daw within 24 hours.
  • sa wakas.
    Globe post Paid to Gomo...almost 1 week, politely kulitin lang araw araw.
    Target budget for the year 1000 pesos. if ma achieve majujustify ko nang bumili ng android flagship of last year na hulugan :)).

Salamat sirs
  • ^ what if masira un globe ported sim mo to GOMO, saan ka na po magpapareplace ng gomo sim?
  • ^ I wish maging norm na yung esim dito sa pinas, ang dali kaya mag lipat ng esim sa ibang phone.

just recently went to singapore tapos yung meron silang prepaid esim. i also tried migrating that esim to another phone just to test and bam, sobrang dali ilipat at mabilis lang, just a few 1-2minutes lang may signal na.

kailangan mo lang talaga is mag register sa app nila, pay the registration fee. After that may esim ka na.
  • ^ Sa Pinas pa ba? ubod ng kupad at walang senses ang mga ibang priority na batas (me gusto pa unahin rename yung airport potek). Isang national ID/ sim card reg act lang andun na din yan e-sim, wala pa mga nasscam at mga naloloko...
  • How is the signal and speed of GOMO compared to Globe? I know that they are under globe but I was wondering if there is any difference because of prioritization. I currently have a globe prepaid wifi being used as a backup and I am thinking of replacing the sim with GOMO because of the better offers.
  • ^ Dad has Globe Corporate, Mom has Globe Postpaid, and I have GOMO. We all have the same signal and speed.
  • ^ if you are transferring to gomo, just make sure you dont lose it if you want to retain your number for a long time.
  • ^ Dad has Globe Corporate, Mom has Globe Postpaid, and I have GOMO. We all have the same signal and speed.

That's good to hear. Thanks!
  • How is the signal and speed of GOMO compared to Globe? I know that they are under globe but I was wondering if there is any difference because of prioritization. I currently have a globe prepaid wifi being used as a backup and I am thinking of replacing the sim with GOMO because of the better offers.

GOMO has a slightly higher priority than Globe Prepaid based on QCI but they only have a set capacity for them. So if your area does not have much GOMO users vs Globe Prepaid/TM, it can feel as fast or even slightly faster. The inverse is true. GOMO's YouTube speed is uncapped when on no-expiry data vs Globe Prepaid/TM that has around 25-35Mbps speed cap (which can only be felt once you're streaming 4K videos, up from around 1.5Mbps around late 2020 or 2021). Globe Postpaid doesn't have YouTube speed cap IIRC.

If you're a heavy user with a 5G device, Globe/TM has Unli5G promo uncapped subject to prioritization while GOMO is only limited to 5Mbps Unlidata for now.

On a price per GB basis, Globe Prepaid Mobile and Home Prepaid technically has some better value promos though are subject to expiry. For example, Famsurf499 has 65GB open access + 1GB/day site-specific data vs GOMO's limited edition 55GB promo at the same price. Though Famsurf499 is only valid by 15 days by itself vs GOMO's no expiry data.
  • dmz01

nice analysis sir.
    to add, as of now, only GOMO offers *immortal prepaid. consequently relatively cheap rin ang rates.
    that what makes GOMO standout for users such as me who are light to moderate in calls and text. specially now a days abundant na ang hotspots,

i only retain PLDT Fiber at home for general usage. i tried gomo on it. not reliable vs wired. i wouldn't complain as much sa 1800 per month pero reliable at 100mbps.
  • That's why it really helps to know your usage level so you can pick the best promo.

GOMO's no expiry data does help in avoiding having to micromanage one's subscription sometimes to a fault (I have encountered people who had expired sims due to them not reloading within 1 year because they haven't used up the initial data allocation.)
  • The inverse is true. GOMO's YouTube speed is uncapped when on no-expiry data vs Globe Prepaid/TM that has around 25-35Mbps speed cap (which can only be felt once you're streaming 4K videos, up from around 1.5Mbps around late 2020 or 2021). Globe Postpaid doesn't have YouTube speed cap IIRC.

uncapped speed naman talaga sa no expiry data si GOMO to all site including youtube, naka depende na lang sa tower yung speed na makukuha, pero ang weird may speed cap sa globe prepaid, sa 5G signal kaya meron din network prioritization?
  • GOMO has a slightly higher priority than Globe Prepaid based on QCI but they only have a set capacity for them. So if your area does not have much GOMO users vs Globe Prepaid/TM, it can feel as fast or even slightly faster. The inverse is true. GOMO's YouTube speed is uncapped when on no-expiry data vs Globe Prepaid/TM that has around 25-35Mbps speed cap (which can only be felt once you're streaming 4K videos, up from around 1.5Mbps around late 2020 or 2021). Globe Postpaid doesn't have YouTube speed cap IIRC.

If you're a heavy user with a 5G device, Globe/TM has Unli5G promo uncapped subject to prioritization while GOMO is only limited to 5Mbps Unlidata for now.

On a price per GB basis, Globe Prepaid Mobile and Home Prepaid technically has some better value promos though are subject to expiry. For example, Famsurf499 has 65GB open access + 1GB/day site-specific data vs GOMO's limited edition 55GB promo at the same price. Though Famsurf499 is only valid by 15 days by itself vs GOMO's no expiry data.

Thanks for the detailed response.

I will be using it primarily as a backup for our fiber connection so the no expiry data is very important to me. The idea of subscribing to a data plan just once per year is very enticing to me.
  • that what makes GOMO standout for users such as me who are light to moderate in calls and text. specially now a days abundant na ang hotspots,

ok din yung offer ng DITO na meron data call&text rollover for moderate user pag naipon mo yun para ka na din naka no expiry
  • never liked DITO because of its affiliation with CCP, when you say Communist country, we know what are they capable of doing to our privacy and security as ordinary mortals
  • ^Out-of-topic for this thread, but I’m not sure what you’re trying to imply here. Even if you don’t use DITO, the CCP can still spy on you. Both the duopoly (Smart and Globe) use China-made equipment (Huawei, FiberHome, ZTE) on their network. Western spy agencies have accused Huawei of having a backdoor on their networking products, including their close ties with CCP. That is why several countries have banned Huawei (for 5G Equipment).
  • ^ the whole philippines is affiliated with china. Most govt projects are china funded, using their tech and equipment. Most of our gadgets are from china. If they want to spy on you, they can, like it or not.
  • uncapped speed naman talaga sa no expiry data si GOMO to all site including youtube, naka depende na lang sa tower yung speed na makukuha, pero ang weird may speed cap sa globe prepaid, sa 5G signal kaya meron din network prioritization?

merong prioritization. yung TM under unli5G ko got deprioritized due to very very heavy usage pero if di naman congested area mo di mo naman masyado mafe-feel. tipong mahihirapan ka lang mareach yung super peak burst speed ng area mo.
    As for YouTube speed capping for Globe Prepaid/TM, I forgot what year siya nagstart. Around late 2018 ata or early 2019. At least ngayon nasa 30Mbps na yung cap, kaya na ilang 4K videos. Before, parusa yung 1.5Mbps. Tipong 480p lang sure na di magba-buffer. 720p mejo kaya. Yung 1080p, well iyak na lang. Naabutan pa actually ng launch ng GOMO yung YouTube speed cap kaya isa yun sa una kong napansin. Even sa 5G present yung ~30Mbps YouTube speed cap sa prepaid. Buti yung other streaming sites like Netflix ay hindi affected.