Forum Topic

Pool: Intex or Bestway or something else?

• Any recommendation for which brand is better? Hanap ko sana yung no need to inflate. Yung merong metal frame?
  • Lots of available pools. And sa totoo lang po, they're practically the same lang in terms of build quality. Sa filter pump po ang pinagkatalo dahil ang mga Bestway ay puro 50hz ang filter pump na binebenta while yung Intex ay may 60hz for the local market.

Expect the 60hz filter pumps to be more expensive pero sa totoo lang po ay worth it naman. But if you still find their 7k price tag to be on the high side, you might want to consider going DIY like what I did for our pool.

Intex na 2.6M po ang pool namin and the kids love it. I made the mistake of buying a 50hz Bestway pump for 1.6k and regret every bit of if because sandali lang eh sunog na po agad yung motor. And that's why I ended up making a DIY setup instead.

How much will a DIY filter pump setup cost? Expect it to hit 4.5k at most for a single stage filter paired with an amphibious pump. Also the same cost if you will choose to do a 2-stage filter paired with a 0.5hp booster pump but consume more electricity.

Good luck!
  • @Godai_Yusaku patingin boss nung filter setup mo. Yung setup ko is custom pool na 6ftx8ftx3ft. 2 pumps. Isang 50w na pang 24/7 at isang .5 booster pump pag ginagamit. Using 2 intex type A filters. With DIY surface skimmer.

And problema ko ay yung drum na ginagamit ko. Malambot yung takip.

-- edited by fat_joe on Jun 18 2021, 01:36 PM