Forum Topic

Best ISP for portforwarding.

• Hi! ano pinaka budget efficient ngayon na ISP for port forwarding.

Currently kasi naka Converge 50mbps and PLDT 50mbps ako. Combined using PFSENSE.

Dati napag work ko yung PLDT ko for PortForwarding naka bridge ako till now. kaso as i noticed naka CGNAT na ko sa PLDT.

I tried calling Converge for Port Forwarding - X
    I tried calling PLDT for Port Forwarding as well - X di alam nung mga support yung CGNAT and Port Forwarding pilit nila ko pinapasa sa Waiver which is nagawa ko na din and naka Bridge Mode nadin ako ang problem nalang talaga nasa CGNAT ako na network. how did i know? sa PFSense ko 100.x.x.x ang IP address na binibigay ni PLDT.

I am using the port forwarding kasi sa CCTV.

Thanks in Advance.
  • Apply for Static IP

• I am using the port forwarding kasi sa CCTV.

Try using DDNS method pra sa cctv mo if mag wowork.
  • Apply for Static IP

@cevar_black ano po ma rerecommend niyo? masyado kasing mahal fibrBiz ni Converge how bout po yung HomeBiz ni PLDT? is that Static IP?

Try using DDNS method pra sa cctv mo if mag wowork.

@clampzy DDNS wont work po unless ma forward ko po muna yung ports.

I Tried NGROK, WireGuard video playbacks doesnt work.
  • apply for static ip, hindi mo makukuha yung static ip for residential customers for PLDT, Globe you can get this on their Fiber connection in any plan, Converge still unkown sabi daw nila kailangan naka plan 3500 ka para makakuha ng static ip with additional cost.

since wala na talagang takas yan, ang solution mo na lang dito is via IPv6, luckily Globe and PLDT is deploying IPv6 on their network. No signs for converge.

kung wala ka choice, usually ginagawa ko dyan is get a raspberry pi with additional USB to lan adapter where you will be connecting the NVR/DVR network connection through after that install either OpenVPN with free version of tunneling sevice from portmap.io (you can only use 1 device to port forward to internet), this one is difficult to setup but works once setup. Other one is using zerotier, this one is much easier, all you have to do is register the raspberry pi to your private network, but you need other device to register on the same group for this to work and requires you to connect to zerotier first.

if you want to make your life much easier, zerotier is a official package on OPNSense, once you added opensense to zerotier network via my.zerotier dashboard its just a matter of configuring which device is reachable via zerotier is.

-- edited by polka on Apr 06 2021, 12:28 PM
  • Ill try zero tier first. i tried the raspberry pi with OpenVPN, last i try ko yung wireguard from pfsense bago sa v2.5

I called Globe and CGNAT nadin sila eh. This is kinda stupid. circa 2018 my port forwarding with pldt is still working.

Thanks polka for answering.
  • CGNAT/NAT for ipv4 will be the way going forward, hindi tayo makakatakas dito.

Public IP will still be available pero syempre may additional fee.
  • May silbe na ba ang IPv6?

Can individual public IPv6 address in each device, be converted to IPv4 with porting?

Sayang lang ang implementation ng IPv6 kung walang real advantage against IPv4. Even if your CCTV supports IPv6, pero kung yung cellphone mo, via LTE, eh walang IPv6, you won't be able to view your NVR/DVR.
  • Lahat mapupunta na sa CGNAT na po at lahat rin nagsabi na 1-2 yrs. ago na nauubos na ipv4 address.

Real advantage on ipv4? Madami address yun lang yun. Also kung nvr/dvr ang problema ang med-high end manufacturers meron cloud service.
  • ^yep dyan narin talaga punta ng lahat, no choice, either you pay or you get around it.

the doable choice for now is IPv6. pero hindi pa ito fully implemented sa lahat ng ISP specially LTE, so this solution is a moot for now.

the other one is well you guess it, is via tunneling, if your in the know this will be the easiest solution to get through this behind NAT issues.

lahat kasi ng instalaltion ko with CCTV that requires remote access is to buy a hikvision NVR/DVR or get a raspberry pi and load it with zerotier. last time na ginawa ko to with 10 really cheap DVR with no cloud view feature (4-8 channel each) connected to a switch and a raspberry pi registered on zerotier. after that its just a matter of some iptables forwarding stuff and your done (using the single zerotier ip to multiple end paths for each NVR/DVR with each port assign to each NVR/DVR).