Forum Topic

Official Xiaomi WiFi 6 Routers Thread

• Xiaomi Wifi 6 Routers.....
  • Aw.... DIto na lang? Di kinaya ang rename? Nag message ako sa admin... kaso full inbox na raw.
  • Sa mga naka enabled yung "Wi-Fi Easy Connect". May lalabas na hidden SSID sa router.
    If you disabled the "Wi-Fi Easy Connect", mawawala rin yung hidden SSID sa router.

But since nag update ko sa latest firmware, kahit i-disable ko yung "Wi-Fi Easy Connect", hindi na nawawala yung hidden SSID sa router.

Sa inyo rin ba?

Update:
    I was able to disable the hidden SSID by using the latest MiWiFi app. I first enabled the Easy Connect, then disabled it again. The hidden SSID then disappear.

However, if you restart your router, the hidden SSID will reappear and start broadcasting again. So I have to re-enable and re-disable again the Easy Connect feature in the MiWiFi app.

Reading the forum in Russia, may issue nga yung bagong firmware ng AX5. Issue - Sudden disconnection of the WiFi , usually in the beginning or first connection. After a few minutes, stable na ulit.
  • Question po: Capable po ba ng WAN aggregation ang AX6000? Salamat in advance sa makakasagot.
  • pwede ba palitan fw ng ax3600 to convert into 2 wan, naka plan1898 ako sa pldt at smark corpo lte abot din 100mbps minsan,
  • 1. Brand: Xiaomi
    2. Model: AX6000
    3. CPU: Qualcomm IPQ5018
    4. ROM: 512MB
    5. Memory: 128MB
    6. Interface: 3 * LAN, 1 * WAN

It's a shame, 1 x WAN port lang.
  • magkano po ang Xiaomi wifi 6 routers?
  • @Archimedes

Check mo na lang sa mga online stores yung mga presyo. Iba-iba kasi at para makahanap ka ng pinakamura at reliable na seller. Ito yung mga model:

AX1800
    AX3600
    AX6000
    AX9000
  • Thanks binny!
  • Check mo rin:

Redmi AX5
    Redmi AX6

Redmi AX5 has the same hardware with AX1800, and
    Redmi AX6 has the same hardware with AX3600
  • ok thanks emilbook!
  • anyone using ax1800 here? okay namn po ba?
  • mga ilang meters radius ang ininmprove ng coverage area ng wireless ax versus ac or wirelss n sa 2.4 GHZ? Mga 5 or 10 meters ba?

-- edited by Archimedes on Apr 19 2021, 09:49 PM
  • Post deleted #12371953
  • Pulled the trigger. I bought the Xiaomi AX3600 for less than 4k at s-o-p-e.
    Great range for the wifi signal.
  • I am using a two mesh xiaomi ax3600 for almost a year now.
    I have the chinese version.
    I have no complains.
    My house suddenly turned into a wifi sphere.
    Houses nearby cannot interfere my wifi sphere.
    I have no plans of upgrading.
    Just enjoying the service it gives to me.

Sometimes i reset the main router due to converge red los

Overall performance is great, As example, a 150mbps speed can be achieved from 1st to third floor. Dead spots speed is around 120mbps.

Just sharing.
  • I am using a two mesh xiaomi ax3600 for almost a year now.
    I have the chinese version.
    I have no complains.
    My house suddenly turned into a wifi sphere.
    Houses nearby cannot interfere my wifi sphere.
    I have no plans of upgrading.
    Just enjoying the service it gives to me.

Sometimes i reset the main router due to converge red los

Overall performance is great, As example, a 150mbps speed can be achieved from 1st to third floor. Dead spots speed is around 120mbps.

Just sharing.

Thanks for sharing, but isn't it dapat yung mga client devices mo like cellphones/laptops ay AX capable ready din to achieve that big speed?
  • @shinmabin

I'm currently using 2 AX1800 in mesh configuration. The 1st unit is located on the ground floor beside the main modem-router of our ISP. The 2nd unit is located on the middle part of the 2nd floor & is connected wirelessly to the 1st unit. Everything is running smoothly & haven't encountered any problem since I installed & configured it. There's no more weak signal & the speed of our internet connection is the same all throughout our place.

Tip: I purposely did not combine the 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz signal in the smart connect setting so that the gadget connected to the 5 GHz signal will always have that frequency throughout the whole house.
  • Thanks for sharing, but isn't it dapat yung mga client devices mo like cellphones/laptops ay AX capable ready din to achieve that big speed?

@Archimedes

Even if the gadgets you have can only accept AC connections, you can achieve the maximum speeds your internet connection can pump out. The only exception is if your subscription is more than 1 Gbps, then the limitation now will be on the gadgets you have & the network capability of your place.
  • @binny
    Even if the gadgets you have can only accept AC connections, you can achieve the maximum speeds your internet connection can pump out. The only exception is if your subscription is more than 1 Gbps, then the limitation now will be on the gadgets you have & the network capability of your place.

Thanks binny, just a question do the PLDT company modem/Converge company modem that they gave to you for your house have maximum MB let us say just around 300MB max for the average home user kahit hindi nila sinasabi?
  • @Archimedes

There are 2 types of modem-routers that ISPs provide. The 1st would be 10/100 Mbps capable units. This is normally installed to subscriptions of less than 100 Mbps. The 2nd would be 10/100/1000 Mbps units. This is usually installed to subscriptions of more than 100 Mbps & up to 1 Gbps connection. The units that will be installed by ISPs depends on their consideration - cost vs future-proofing. As far as PLDT is concerned, the modem-routers they currently install to their subscribers for Fiber are Gigabit capable already.
  • thanks binny!
  • Post deleted #12373027
  • @ardenglennp

The AX3600 & the AX6 is basically the same except for the following: the ROM of the former is 256 as against the 128 of the latter & the WiFi signal amplifier of the former is stronger than the latter. This means that the signal of the AX6 will be weaker compared to the AX3600. This is a consideration if your place is big & expansive that you need a stronger signal reach.
  • @binny

Thank you! I guess I'll for AX3600 then.
  • @binny
    The AX3600 & the AX6 is basically the same except for the following: the ROM of the former is 256 as against the 128 of the latter & the WiFi signal amplifier of the former is stronger than the latter. This means that the signal of the AX6 will be weaker compared to the AX3600. This is a consideration if your place is big & expansive that you need a stronger signal reach.

paexplain naman kung paano mo nalaman na mas malakas ang wifi signal amplifier of the former than the latter...
  • Not everything is about signal strength. Kelangan, yung router mo, ma-ririnig din nya ang signal coming from your phone.

Hence, I would mostly suggest meshing your router. Para kahit nasaan ka, madaling maka-received ng signal coming from your phone.

8 reasons to turn down the transmit power of your Wi-Fi <click here for link>

EDIT: YouTube link... LOL.. I don't know how to link YT :)

-- edited by emilbook on Apr 26 2021, 05:17 PM
  • Post deleted #12373099
  • ok thanks emilbook and maxx6740!
  • my current setup two AX3600 on mesh