Forum Topic

Official Xiaomi WiFi 6 Routers Thread

• any experience sa wireless mesh ng xiaomi 2 x ax3000? contemplating if xiaomi is better than deco m5 mesh? I plan to set this up on my brother's house.
  • Anyone here using Redmi AX5? mine started having connectivity issues on 2.4ghz but works perfectly fine with 5ghz. A restart would fix it but eventually will stop working again. im running the latest firmware and did try a factory reset.
  • hindi kaya nag kakaroon ka na ng overload sa number of devices for the 2.4ghz? ....need to use it only for IOT devices kung pede... wag na phones an laptops...
  • wow ha.. hindi ko akalin ang xioami ax3200 is a rebranded redmi ax6 router?
  • redmi ax6 specs....<click here for link> xiaomi ax3200specs .....<click here for link>
  • ax3200

ax6
  • any experience sa wireless mesh ng xiaomi 2 x ax3000? contemplating if xiaomi is better than deco m5 mesh? I plan to set this up on my brother's house.

Me. Ok siya pero parang mahina siya pag madaming walls ang house niyo (siguro due to lack of antennas)
    Pero malaki inimprove ng connection namin in terms of streaming and gaming.
  • Me. Ok siya pero parang mahina siya pag madaming walls ang house niyo (siguro due to lack of antennas)
    Pero malaki inimprove ng connection namin in terms of streaming and gaming.

Just an update, I was able to setup the 2-pack Xiaomi AX3000. Main one on the 2nd floor, mesh is on the 1st floor. Stable naman yung wifi.

First time to use xiaomi, and medyo limited pala yung features niya compared sa Asus.

-- edited by frequenzy on Feb 28 2022, 02:51 AM
  • Meron bang wofi 6e ang xioami?
  • AX6000 pala and xioami 6e na router na avialable
  • pero merong old version ng AX6000 na wifi 6 so kelngan updated macheck if bibili
  • Planning on adding a 2nd Xiaomi router (AX3200), MediaTek yung processor nya.

Puwede po ba sya i-mesh sa ibang Xiaomi AX router na Qualacomm processor? Baka masayang lang eh.

EDIT: Okay, may nabasa akong comment sa isang forum... NOPE, you cannot mesh raw mix Xiaomi AX router with different processor brand

-- edited by emilbook on Jul 14 2022, 11:45 PM
  • Anyone here still using the Chinese - Xiaomi Redmi AX5 router?

I found an International English firmware for this and have been using it for quite some time.

Advantage of English firmware:
    1) The hidden SSID (easy connect) is now gone!
    2) English menu and app

Disadvantage:
    1) Slightly lower WiFi power signal. Apparently in China, they allow higher power signal.
    Not really an issue for me since I do use low power signal.

Note: this is not a custom ROM. Otherwise you won't be able to update the firmware if it fails the signature test.

Google: miwifi_ra67_firmware_3.0.34_INT
    From there you can find the firmware :0
  • Yung Mi AX1800 namin, after two years nagloloko na yung 2.4GHz WiFi. Bigla na lang di makakaconnect ang devices after 24 hours. Need pa irestart ang router for it to be fixed. 5GHz Wi-Fi, wala naman ganung problem. Anyone experiencing the same?
  • @emilbook:

Planning on adding a 2nd Xiaomi router (AX3200), MediaTek yung processor nya.

Puwede po ba sya i-mesh sa ibang Xiaomi AX router na Qualacomm processor? Baka masayang lang eh.

ngayon ko lang nabasa hahaha... july pa pala... using ax6s (mtk) main... meshed with ax5 (qualcomm)... working naman....
  • @jan_brane: tried doing factory reset?
  • Puwede po ba sya i-mesh sa ibang Xiaomi AX router na Qualacomm processor? Baka masayang lang eh.

chipset agnostic ang mesh system. so as long as both support mesh mode, it should work.
  • hi. sa mesh system ng xiaomi/redmi ba may option to pick the signal source?

current tp-link deco mesh setup ko kasi:
    1st floor main deco wired connection to modem
    2nd floor deco #2
    3rd floor deco #3

deco #3 would default in connecting sa main deco instead of connecting sa deco #2 na mas malapit. so ang result mahina na yung signal dahil sa 1st floor pa sya kumo-connect.

so i'm looking for affordable options na mas configurable.

-- edited by splukutum on Sep 27 2022, 06:54 AM
  • @splukutum

deco units usually have a function to be set to AP mode, all you need is a powerline ethernet adapter kit ... but check if your deco unit has ethernet backhaul first coz if it does not then the powerline won't work.

a powerline adapter kit will use the electrical wiring in your house as an ethernet cable

the powerline adapter kit will have 2 units in the box .... connect one to an outlet near the main deco unit and also wire (LAN) it to the main deco unit .... and the 2nd powerline adapter unit on a power outlet on the 3rd floor and wire (LAN) it to the 3rd deco unit ... you'll have to reconfigure the 3rd deco unit to function as an AP so that it will use the LAN connection going thru the powerline adapter.

example of a powerline kit <click here for link>

-- edited by chiboman2000 on Sep 27 2022, 07:47 PM

-- edited by chiboman2000 on Sep 27 2022, 07:48 PM

-- edited by chiboman2000 on Sep 27 2022, 07:49 PM

-- edited by chiboman2000 on Sep 27 2022, 07:50 PM

-- edited by chiboman2000 on Sep 27 2022, 07:51 PM

-- edited by chiboman2000 on Sep 27 2022, 08:03 PM
  • Hey, guys! I'm interested in replacing my 2 Deco M4's for a 2-pack AX3000. Is it worth the replacement or magkakaroon ba ako ng issues? Medyo skeptical kasi ako. Not sure kung reliable ba siya vs TP-Link.

For reference, the 2 Decos I have are connected via ethernet, so there won't be any issues. Thanks!
  • ^
    If marami ka nang devices na WiFi 6 capable, then time to upgrade to AX3000. Otherwise, okay pa naman ang mga Deco M4. Why not just add another unit of Deco M4?

Reliability? No major/minor issue naman. More than 2 years na yung Xiaomi router ko.
  • so i'm looking for affordable options na mas configurable.

mesh will always go for the best effort, I dont even know if theres even a single mesh wifi system out there where you can choose what station to manually connect to.

my best guess here is that your #2 is placed in obnoxious place where #3 cant even reach but can reach #1 instead.

this is why I always recommend using wired backhaul as much as possible. if not, you might actually want to buy more mesh kits and place the station where each of them have at least line of sight. aka play the connect the dots rule here.
  • If you're going to use wired backhaul then you don't need to use a mesh system at all. You'll save money by using standard wifi routers configured as access points.
  • @chiboman2000

I wouldn't recommend powerline adapters unless you have the opportunity to try it first. Based on my experience there's no guarantee that it will work on each and every home ac wiring setup. I've set one up in my in-laws house where it delivers decent speeds but the same unit absolutely crawls when I try it in my house.
  • The advantage of mesh router over standard router on wired backhaul is still its seamless fast roaming feature.
  • @uvax

in splukutum's post, he/she indicated that they have a 3 story house/home, so i assumed that it has modern or a more recent electrical wiring/junctions that works ok with powerline adapters. Only OLD homes with OLD electrical wiring/junctions will experience problems with powerline adapters. I have powerline adapters in my recently built home and they work fine.

it's up to splukutum to check if the electrical wiring in his/her house is upto date/more recent. Aside from putting a long ethernet cable to the 3rd floor, i would still recommend a powerline adapter in splukutum's case, its the cleanest and cheapest option. He already has the deco unit to act as AP and he can have mesh on it too.

just my two cents.

-- edited by chiboman2000 on Sep 28 2022, 07:55 PM
  • @chiboman2000

I was the same as you before and I was all for powerline. Experience taught me otherwise. I live in a townhouse unit that was constructed late nineties. It works in my in-laws unit just next door but crawls in my house. My in-laws' house is the same as it was originally while mine was recently renovated. I figure that since I have a lot of gadgets in my house plus complete LED lighting that it interferes with the powerline signal. LED lighting has switch mode power supplies that can introduce a lot of noise. The load is also highly capacitive.

If stores here are like those in the US with good return policies then you could go ahead and buy and then return later if it doesn't work. If you buy here in the Philippines you're stuck with it. Your only option is to sell it to someone else.

You'd think that with the convenience of powerline that more people would adopt it. Consider yourself lucky that it works in yours. I'm just describing my first hand experience.

-- edited by uvax on Sep 28 2022, 08:33 PM
  • You'll save money by using standard wifi routers configured as access points.

normal routers specially the cheap ones literally have no configuration to enable 802.11r/k/v

of course there's always that "flash it with openwrt" method but not all people are knowledgeable about that.
  • True but would the average home user know or care about it? I know AP handover could be a bit annoying but it's a minor one for a home use scenario. This is the setup I use and I have no dead spots at home. The savings add up especially if you need to add more nodes.
  • ^well the thing is that person is already using a mesh wifi, suggesting him to go just buy a wifi router is just well whatever. but hey, try asking that question to other people who already got used with mesh wifi to go back with "manually connect to that wifi ssid" kind of way and let see what they can say about it.

walang masama mag suggest but, if the person is looking for mesh wifi system, please limit to those selection instead.