Forum Topic

Best dual WAN router available locally?

• We currently have both Globe and PLDT fiber connected, and iniisip ko magsetup ng isang LAN na lang where I can load balance both ISPs effectively. Any recommendations for a router that supports dual WAN setups, has QoS and is easy to set up? Yung pwede sana bilhin locally para madali magpawarranty. Thanks TPC!
  • Tp-Link TL-R605 madaling i configure. if gusto mo ng meron wifi go for T1 Tenda W15e. cheapest is mikrotik hap lite pero need pa i configure and spend hours watching tuts on yt.
  • I'm currently using tplink tl-r480t+. Pero load balancer lang sya. You still need a wifi router to connect to it. Plug and play sya. The only settings I changed is to disable application optimized routing para combined speed pag nag te test ako sa speedtest. Bought it online.
  • TL-R605 seems to be a good one. Be warned though R605 can only handle upto 500mbit connection with concurrent connection limit to 25,000 so dont push this router too much, medyo nakak ilang lang kasi 25k lang kaya nyanng concurrent connection given this is a multiwan router. still its only 2k+ so I guess you get what you pay for. Take note that 25k concurrent connection is too low compared to lets say other beefy routers (specially the gaming branded) can handle 100k at minimum.

if budget is not a constraint and willing to learn naman, go to lazada and buy a mini pc there with 2-4 ethernet ports, I already canvassed there and the cheapest one is 7k with 4 builtin network cards. migth as well stretch that to 10k for a 4GB ram and 120Gb ssd since those unit dont include storage and ram. I can pretty much say that you can set a multiwan connection on this setup for 30mins (including the youtube tutorial) to have a failover/round-robin setup.