Forum Topic

LAN Outlet

• I am about to renovate my house and I want to take the opportunity to hide my lan cables placing inside a PVC hose and embedded on the walls. Now is there a LAN outlet just like there are outlets for electricity? Would it not be difficult if later on I need to change the lan cables due to cuts/splices or disconnections? I intend to have at least 5 LAN outlets, 3 of which are in the rooms... Hope to get some help
  • I would suggest to use yung matigas na blue pvc pipe, huwag yung orange na bendable na madali masira. Not sure anu yung LAN outlet na sinasabi mo? Pero typically keystone + wall plate ang ginagamit. kapag nasira pwede naman siya hatakin, tapos nakakabit yung bagong cable sa dulo.
  • Sa hotels ako dati nakakakita ng lan outlet sa walls. Nakakabili siguro niyan sa malalaking hardware like ACE, wilcon, etc.
  • <click here for link>

<click here for link>

<click here for link>
  • maganda quality ng panasonic outlets and switches. mahal nga lang. daling masira ng royu and omni.

-- edited by songerph on Feb 26 2022, 06:34 PM
  • when we renovated our house usually we hired a low voltage electrician to wire up everything, we used the standard orange flexible conduit for everything, at first I suggested them used a PVC pipe and the engineer said, thats pointless, just use the flexible orange conduit because its cheaper and the entire house is made in concrete anyway, once thats harden, its pretty much as durable as a PVC Pipe, not to mention the electrician its much better just to use flexible conduit specially on my in-wall fiber optic wiring.

as for the faceplates, we temporarily used the faceplates for landline and later on replaced it with proper rj45 keystones.
  • @nallasartal

baka interested ka nito... compatible to standard junction boxes daw...
    WiFi AP na, with 3 LAN ports pa... (kaso 100M lang hindi 1G lang lan)
    Mga masters, comment lang din for pro's and con's
    <click here for link>
  • @ambad4u
    not recommended because of the 100M uplink, basically you will never achieve the advertised wifi speeds. with the recent speed upgrades, dapat at least 1G na yung mga LAN connections para walang bottleneck.

"Fast Dual-Band Wi-Fi: Simultaneous 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps on 5 GHz totals 1,167 Mbps Wi-Fi speeds with MU-MIMO."
  • ^
    yun nga din... sayang it is only 100M :(
    pero, in terms of looks/aesthetics, panalo talaga..., tapos placement nang ethernet is better din kasi down facing.
  • Follow-up ko lang sa mga tanong ko since related ito sa questions ko:

How would the lan wires be configured? My internet connection is Converge router which is connected to a Huawei AXRouter..... I have 5 rooms na kailangan ng LAN outlet each room, and 3 additional LAN outlets, 1 sa entertainment room, 1 sa mini office, and 1 sa sala....

Should all LAN cables be routed to where my converge router/ Huawei AX router are located? Or should I do series (on each room meron din akong lan hub/router)?

I hope you understand what I am saying.... noob here pls be patient...

-- edited by nallasartal on May 02 2022, 03:22 AM
  • Should all LAN cables be routed to where my converge router/ Huawei AX router are located?

Yes, this is the preferred setup

Converge Router/Huawei AX router LAN ports --- LAN outlets

If you need additional ports then just insert a switch.

Converge Router/Huawei AX router LAN ports --- Switch ---- LAN outlets

See PIC below
    <click here for link>

-- edited by frequenzy on May 02 2022, 08:40 AM
  • @frequenzy,

Thanks for the reply as well as the reply you made in pdvd...

Another question lang po:

The renovation is still ongoing and I have already purchased thru L@z@d@ the Panasonic Cat6 LAN outlet (10 all in all, some are just spare). From my undertanding all these LAN outlets should be connected to my LAN switch. Now, my question is: What would be the Outlet (or something) from my wall, since all LAN cables are inside the PVC hose and then cemented, that would accommodate 8 LAN cables, then to the LAN switch?

Again I hope you understand what I am asking.... Thanks in advance
  • @TS
    wala ng termination yung sa wall papunta sa switch mo. you can use a patch panel or pwedeng deretso na sa switch.

para maitago yung mga wires coming from pvc, then dapat gumamit ka ng data cabinet like the one below

<click here for link>