Forum Topic

PFSense doesnt resolve DNS from PLDT

• Hello guys! new here on TIPIDPC.

I just wanted to ask about sa scenario ko sa PLDT with my PFSense. Basically, walang internet or to be specific, I need to configure my PFSense as pure DNS Forward to my PLDT fiber para lng magka internet ang LAN ko. It happened when we PLDT changed their modem and also they changed their static public IP to us. With globe, walang problema mka dns resolve or forwarding ako - may internet pareho. Sa PLDT, DNS Forwarding lng para mgaka internet. The problem is, kung DNS forward sa PFSense, hnd ko magagamit ang PFBlocker service dahil need nyan is DNS resolver si PFSense and not forwarder.

Hindi naintindihan ng PLDT level 2 tech support nila and problem ko. Baka meron kayong suggestion guys? Salamat!

PS. Linux "Nethserver"(centOS based) is working fine with PLDT dahil I think IP Masquerading ginagamit nya.
  • maybe some DNS abra-kadabra intercept that PLDT is doing.

go use DNS over TLS instead <click here for link>
  • @polka, that's what I thought of. They are blocking DNS resolve if under BSD OS, it was actually the same problem if I use OPNSense(Hardened BSD OS) - it needs to be DNS Forwarding so the LAN can have internet.

I'm going to learn the TLS then. Thanks!
  • Oh my! DNS over TLS with Cloudfare works! And it is more secure! Thanks!
  • At nai-report mo rin exactly one month after your last post. Pardon me, I simply find this peculiar. Tingnan mo rin 'yung time (malapit na tugma).
  • WTF? Oh nga oh!? Illuminatti sound intensify