Forum Topic

Steam Deck

• could this be the ultimate handheld gaming device? for now? compared to the Aya Neo2

what's your take on the control positions?

review
    <click here for link>

-- edited by wheelee on Jul 19 2022, 02:05 AM
  • All the reviews I've read mention the short battery life as its biggest drawback.
  • paid for mine last Jul29 for the 512GB model, and i have a 1TB microsd already available. just waiting for the actual steam deck itself. im a casual console handheld gamer - PS4, PSP , Vita. This will be my first take on PC gaming, pwera na lang kung isasama ko yung late 90s / early 2000s gaming na mostly DOS games like Warcraft then Win98/XP games like Red Alert2, Diaboo Ii, Age of Empires II.

Sa steam deck mostly SFIV, City Skylines, then emulators NES SNES GENESIS MAME PS1 PS2 DREAMCAST and Switch naman. excited for this! shipping soon ang status so hopefully in the next few days or weeks makuha ko na

-- edited by ryanrudolf on Aug 02 2022, 05:02 AM
  • ^suggest getting a separate controller for fighting games. Lakas sa wear and tear on both pad and buttons
  • yes gonna use a DS4 for it.
  • its here! 512GB Steam Deck.
    heres my timeline -
    July 18 2021 - reservation
    July 29 2022 - paid in full
    Aug 02 2022 - tracking number received
    Aug 04 2022 - fedex delivered the item

di ko pa nakakalikot. planning to install Windows, tweak, customize then clone it as backup. then install games. busy sa work di pa makalikot. baka sa weekend
  • Would love to grab one, sadly hindi available sa region ko

• dumating din. buti nalang yung tipid version ang napili ko. madali lang pala iupgrade internal storage and joysticks :D
  • uy SFV! tara laro!

• Steam Deck is a PC, so lets treat it like a PC!
    downloading torrents straight from the deck while in game mode. This is very minimal and efficient (depends on how you look at it) as this are just command line tools.
    I just use my phone / regular laptop to download a .torrent file and then use scp to transfer it to the deck. the deck then automatically downloads the rest of the torrent an saves it to the microsd card!
    once the download is done, i can use unrar / unzip to extract them and move them over to the desired location.
    high level steps -
    disable read-only mode
    initialize pacman
    install rtorrent and screen via pacman
    this is the same setup i use on my regular torrent seedbox. so now i have a portable seedbox!

• got a baseus USB C hub for my Steam Deck and it works. 1080p 60Hz connected to 4K TV. PC gaming on the go, and kapag nasa bahay connected sa big screen. solb!
  • so far, happy rin ako sa deck. very enjoyable ang ni no kuni :)

medyo disappointing lang performance pag naka hook up na sa external tv. noticeable ang graphics lag ng apu kahit x720 lang ang res. lalo na kung idagdag pa high latency ng tv and bt controllers. anyway, di naman sya ganung kalaking issue since portability ang main objective ng deck
  • ^ OK naman sa experience ko. using 1080p nakakonek sa 1080p TV. docked mode and from time to time portable
  • nagiging steam link din ba ito if you have a capable gaming PC at home?
  • sino dito nag cod modern warfare 2 sa steam deck? eto at tekken lang reason kung bakit nagkaka interest ako bumili ng steam deck lalo pa na nagkaron na rin locally
  • nagiging steam link din ba ito if you have a capable gaming PC at home?

Yes it does work.

sino dito nag cod modern warfare 2 sa steam deck? eto at tekken lang reason kung bakit nagkaka interest ako bumili ng steam deck lalo pa na nagkaron na rin locally

Yes and no, well it depends. No as hindi sya supported sa Linux due to the anti-cheat ata nila. But you can install windows naman and make it work without issues.

• magkano landed cost kung oorder ng steak deck tapos ipapashipping cart? Salamat
  • Not SC, but if BNS its 2.5k. From measurement nila its around 4lbs.
    Using that value, since 4lbs ang sukat nila as volumetric. We may assume na 4lbs * 11.99 (yan ang rate for SC pag may battery yung item) so around 2.7k na sya.

Assuming rates ngayon at 55.XX pesos. If you use the buy for me service ng BNS its 6% on top. If SC, its 10%.
    Lets say SC yung ginamit mo (do note na we're assuming na wala kang US card available kasi di gagana local card mo kaya we're including the buyforme service rate nila)

For Steam deck na 64GB:
    SC --> 399 + 39.9 (buy for me) + 47.96 (shipping) = 486.5 or 26.9k
    For BNS --> its 25.9k naman

So more on 1k difference. You may remove the buy for me 10% and 6% rate assuming may US card ka. Don't even try gcash amex as refunding takes ng ilang months bago maprocess, hindi sya instant. Need mo sya ifile sa globe and hope for the best.

May mga local sellers na na malapit pricing dun sa 26.9k na yun with a little patong. I suggest go that route for peace of mind and if may available stocks, not bad na din. Yung alam mong yung store ang magbabalik sa valve pag nagkaissue rather than proproblemahin mo to pag nagkataon na may problem yung unit na nakuha mo.
  • Yes and no, well it depends. No as hindi sya supported sa Linux due to the anti-cheat ata nila. But you can install windows naman and make it work without issues.

Can MW2 still be played OFFLINE? i just wanna pick this up for quickplays against bots na free for all.
  • Can MW2 still be played OFFLINE? i just wanna pick this up for quickplays against bots na free for all.

Yes daw, pero a lot of reports that's saying its broken at the moment. From limited number of maps and games locking when starting a match etc.
  • Yes daw, pero a lot of reports that's saying its broken at the moment. From limited number of maps and games locking when starting a match etc.

i dont mind the limited number of maps, you get used to it din naman eventually and i only really use maps that im used to. Im just a casual, mahirap laruin ang COD pag sweaty player ka to grind stuff. Im planning on getting the base unit tapos salpakan ko na lang ng 512gb sd card. Will probably wait for the prices to go down a bit and mag stabilize ang stocks.
  • ^May good deal ngayong 12-12. If you have a BDO CC may 2k na voucher, gamex**** is selling the 64gb ng 12-12 at 29,990. 28k ain't that bad na din plus madali pa ireturn.
  • 64gb ng 12-12 at 29,990

I know. My local branch of gamextreme already quoted me this price (cash) even before they changed the srp which is why I am tempted to pick one up pero im not in a hurry, papakiramdaman ko muna in the next few months baka bumaba bigla ng malaki just like what happened to switch oled. For now, basa basa muna ako at nood sa youtube ng mga user experience about steam deck. Im just happy its available locally, atleast abot kamay lang just in case I decided to get one na.
  • Yeah dude, had to go the longer route just to get one actually. Anyways, the longest route I took was a tip from an officemate that YOLO'ed for one.

I basically changed my country and currency to US (wallet balance should be 0), you can create a new account if you want to. Then bought 4 100 dollar gift cards (if you know where to look) for 5300 each. Shipping is easy na lang afterwards.

If you use kango as forwarder, you can ask the support na bare minimum lang yung gawin sa packaging under consolidation service and mas mababa yung makukuha mong rates. More or less all in all total mo would be under 23k.
  • just got mine and this thing is huge! lols
  • Yung mga nakabili kay G@mextreme, may warranty sticker ba yung unit niyo? Bought one yesterday and still waiting for it to be shipped. Only got the 64gb version so I definitely need to upgrade the storage. Kasi kung may warranty sticker, I’ll just buy a micro sd card first and replace the internal once the warranty is up. Pero kung wala, unahin ko na i-upgrade yung internal since mas mura
  • ^Meron dude. Officemate bought the 512GB and nilagyan nila ng sticker pag kakuha nya sa Mega.
  • ^ Thanks for the info! That’s what I was afraid of kaya I actually went ahead and bought a 1TB micro sd card earlier today. Upgrade ko nalang yung internal drive paglipas ng warranty.

Sana lang hindi ma-cancel ni l@zada yung order ko ng Steam Deck. Bought it yesterday pa tapos expected delivery daw is Dec 14-16. Item packed pa lang siya eh. Mas mahal na ngayon yung price by 1k and sayang yung 1k credit card voucher ko na hindi na ata ibabalik pag na-cancel. Yung SD card na binili ko this morning, pinili ko same day shipping pero na-cancel ni L@zada before 1pm kasi hindi daw na ship ni seller in time. Had to place another order
  • Bought mine from Gamextreme, walang nilagyan na sticker sa kin. Hindi ko na kasi pina open at wala naman naging problema. Tested cyberpunk for the meantime and more or less 30fps after doing some in-game and system settings tweakings. Temp is hovering from 80-85% most of the time. I have the game save and running from a 128gb memory card, still waiting for my 400gb to arrive from shopee.
  • Eto guys for reference yung sticker from gamextr3me. Asa upper right ng center screws sya.